• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Got some work done the other day but never got a chance to post it. My second kid (daughter) was born Wednesday and then Sunday morning we had to run to the ER for bleeding...long story short both are doing well and fine but we had a pretty good scare with my wife on Sunday.

Congratulations Papa 2X on your new addition - glad to hear that Mom and daughter are now doing well.

Work on the car is moving along nicely too - looking good - keep at it.

Got some more work done today. I got the door jambs and inner visible areas of the fenders painted. Hopefully I can get the doors painted tomorrow and maybe back on the car early next week for the final time.

20130912_142701.jpg20130912_142705.jpg20130912_144121.jpg20130912_144126.jpg20130912_154838.jpg20130912_154849.jpg20130914_181123.jpg20130914_181423.jpg20130914_181438.jpg

Well no more physical progress but an update. I got the interior paint so I can finish the interiors of the doors and then get those back on the car here soon. (aww crap I forgot I need seam sealer). Also worked out a plan to get the exterior painted this winter...so its really going to happen! I'll be dropping the car off around new years and should have it back in a couple months to start re-assembly of the exterior in the spring! With a bit of luck I should have this thing out on the road next spring when the weather starts to get nice. My goal for complete exterior completion will be next May. I can't wait to see how this thing will look in one shiny coat of paint!

Well no more physical progress but an update. I got the interior paint so I can finish the interiors of the doors and then get those back on the car here soon. (aww crap I forgot I need seam sealer). Also worked out a plan to get the exterior painted this winter...so its really going to happen! I'll be dropping the car off around new years and should have it back in a couple months to start re-assembly of the exterior in the spring! With a bit of luck I should have this thing out on the road next spring when the weather starts to get nice. My goal for complete exterior completion will be next May. I can't wait to see how this thing will look in one shiny coat of paint!
Can't wait to see it done, I'm pushing for Spring now to. Good luck

We're pulling for you and can't wait to see your finished product - it's looking great so far !

We're pulling for you and can't wait to see your finished product - it's looking great so far !

Thanks and thank you for picking up the pass side mirror for me!

Ok on to the progress. This painting crap takes up a bunch of time and I really wish I had a bigger garage (and another set of saw horses). It took me all weekend to get the passenger side door painted up on the inside but damn did it come out nice. On to the Drivers Side...

20130922_113417.jpg20130922_113428.jpg

Managed to get the Drivers door in sealer tonight. I'll get the dark blue inner door color sprayed tomorrow. With any luck both doors will be back on the car by the end of the day Monday. I did end up having to patch the lower front corner both inside and out and a few tiny spots up by the vent window. The rust just never seems to end...
20130927_192422.jpg

You sure did a great job on the patches! The blue will look great as smooth as the doors look there.

A few pictures of the car for your viewing pleasure. The door is done and back on the car and then just a couple for status update.

20130929_165940.jpg20130929_170017.jpg20130929_170041.jpg

Thanks guys, I just hope the weather holds out so I can keep plugging away at getting the rest of my paint work done before it gets too cold. So far the weather has been cooperating fantastically.

I have to get the underside of the hood, the trunk and under the trunk lid done and then it will be ready for dropping off for final paint. Which Takes place Jan-Mar. I can't believe I am finally getting to this point....I won't know what to do with myself when it's done.

Well to the best of my knowledge, the last rust hole has been dealt with.

20131002_190242.jpg

Thanks guys, I just hope the weather holds out so I can keep plugging away at getting the rest of my paint work done before it gets too cold. So far the weather has been cooperating fantastically.

I have to get the underside of the hood, the trunk and under the trunk lid done and then it will be ready for dropping off for final paint. Which Takes place Jan-Mar. I can't believe I am finally getting to this point....I won't know what to do with myself when it's done.

ill go with about 6 months after your done with this, you'll at the least be searching for another project... if you don't already have one :)

a lot of work looking real good thanks for sharing :headbang:

ill go with about 6 months after your done with this, you'll at the least be searching for another project... if you don't already have one :)
Well...done is kinda of a misnomer since after paint the interior will need some help ie, headliner, carpet...etc. But I think another vehicle project will wait for some time. We are looking for a way to move out of this area and up into northern Wisconsin but I have to find a job..Wink wink anybody...

But more than likely after this I'll save some money and attempt to find a nice ATV for me and the boy to do some trail riding.

Well I got the extra trim holes welded up on the trunk lid, the underside in primer and the seams sealed (though thats not in the photo). The trunk got a light coating of bedliner which I will cover with paint to make it the proper color but will give it an extra layer of protection if I scratch it. It also hides some of the repair work not that I care much being inside the trunk.

20131004_190007.jpg20131004_201221.jpg20131004_201230.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back