• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Getting close eh!! I seen some 68 door panels on ebay, ill leave you the link, i don't know how much different they are then the 67 but seeing them and you saying you need some thought it wouldnt hurt, price sucks though!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-Coronet-Deluxe-Front-Door-Rear-Quarter-Trim-Panels-PUI-New-/330713501572?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACoronet&hash=item4d000f8f84&vxp=mtr

Thanks Ron. Those are way different. I'll figure it out, not worried about it yet, got a ways to go before I'm worried about the interior.

Just a bit of an update, I am moving my dropping it off at the painter's date up by a couple of months due to me having to drive north a bit early anyway. It won't accelerate the completion date (that I know of ) but will prevent me from making another trip. So next Friday the car takes a long trailer ride north. So the progress pictures will pretty much come to a stop for the year unless I start working on other parts for spring. But that will probably wait with some other things in the works.

Just a bit of an update, I am moving my dropping it off at the painter's date up by a couple of months due to me having to drive north a bit early anyway. It won't accelerate the completion date (that I know of ) but will prevent me from making another trip. So next Friday the car takes a long trailer ride north. So the progress pictures will pretty much come to a stop for the year unless I start working on other parts for spring. But that will probably wait with some other things in the works.

Cool KB . . . G'luck with your drive up North ! ! Hope that all goes well for you . . . I'm sure it will.

Don't worry about progress, as I'll probably be bugging you about stuff ! ! !

I joined this site some time ago and have been reading,and searching.I'm looking for a 66 belv,2 dr. post.That is what I want the most.But would take any of the post cars 66 and 67.So having followed the progress of this coronet and some other sedans on this site,I am getting excited to locate one.You guys are really motivating and helpful with your own and others builds,its nice.What are the going prices for these cars?project cars,not mostly finished cars.Keep up the good work and hope to here from you all soon.

I joined this site some time ago and have been reading,and searching.I'm looking for a 66 belv,2 dr. post.That is what I want the most.But would take any of the post cars 66 and 67.So having followed the progress of this coronet and some other sedans on this site,I am getting excited to locate one.You guys are really motivating and helpful with your own and others builds,its nice.What are the going prices for these cars?project cars,not mostly finished cars.Keep up the good work and hope to here from you all soon.

Sent you a PM.

Good luck Kevin with all the other things in the works and your hauling! I had to read that twice, i understand things but you really did surprise me when i seen your not actually painting it yourself! You did it all is the only reason, i guess i just expected you to say "Getting a paint booth ready" :) Again, Good luck!

Good luck Kevin with all the other things in the works and your hauling! I had to read that twice, i understand things but you really did surprise me when i seen your not actually painting it yourself! You did it all is the only reason, i guess i just expected you to say "Getting a paint booth ready" :) Again, Good luck!
Haha. I've got a family friend plus my uncle doing it for what I'd call pennies. I just don't have a place here to do the work or I'd take a crack at it. This kills a couple of birds with the same stone too. It stores it for the winter, gets it painted, and potentially keeps me from hauling it again since we may be moving up there soon....not to mention moving would kill any time I'd get to work on it anyway.

Well the car is up north and awaiting its turn for paint. So my apologies for no new pictures but on the bright side, when you do see them they will be shiny....

It's gotta feel great to know it will be painted next time you see it, congrats.

Well the car is up north and awaiting its turn for paint. So my apologies for no new pictures but on the bright side, when you do see them they will be shiny....

I take that to mean the trip was safe and a success too ! ! ! Good to hear . . . can't wait to see it in paint ! ! !

And . . . how did the interview go ? ! ?

Yup was a good trip. Can't wait to see it done...should look incredible.

Sent ya a PM Larry.

Yup was a good trip. Can't wait to see it done...should look incredible.

KB - Glad the trip went well . . . will miss your updates and following your progress for the next few months . . . I better make the best of these months, I've got to try and get caught up to you and the point you are ! ! ! ( smile ) . . . don't think I can get that far, I'll just keep pushing forward.

Will be waiting for you to get back here and start updating us again with more pictures and progress . . . your car is looking great.

Don't worry, I haven't disappeared all together...I'll be around posting and watching you work your magic...lurking is more like it hahaha

Don't worry, I haven't disappeared all together...I'll be around posting and watching you work your magic...lurking is more like it hahaha

Lurking is fun! ill be doing some waiting for the return of that Coronet HEMI! :evil1:

- - - Updated - - -

Or is that HEMI Coronet Ba Ha ha.. :)

Lurk all you want ! ! ! I appreciate your help and assistance . . . One day there will be (2) Hemi Mopars on the road ! ! !

Just hoping my "magic" can turn out somewhere close to you "magic" ! ! !

Well no pictures of a pretty car yet; he is scheduled to start on it in January so I have to be patient. But I did take advantage of the holiday madness/pricing to order the gauges for the car.

Speedhut is the brand, GPS speedometer, Tach, Volts, Oil Press, Temp, Fuel.....

Should look a bit like this: (Top is what I ordered, Bottom is another person's car but gives you an idea of how they look at night)

speedo.jpg
014_lg.jpg

Well no pictures of a pretty car yet; he is scheduled to start on it in January so I have to be patient. But I did take advantage of the holiday madness/pricing to order the gauges for the car.

Speedhut is the brand, GPS speedometer, Tach, Volts, Oil Press, Temp, Fuel.....

Should look a bit like this: (Top is what I ordered, Bottom is another person's car but gives you an idea of how they look at night)

That's pretty cool KB . . . I've been doing some tinkering with my dash too.
Are you going to use your original dash ?
Or do you have plans to re-build it or redesign/reshape it ?

I'm thinking of cutting the dash in the under the dash pad - and permanently mounting it at the windshield so that I'll be able to remove it from the car at a later date and not have to remove the windshield ( who designed that ? ? ) . . . at least that's a thought that I've been toying with here lately . . .

That's pretty cool KB . . . I've been doing some tinkering with my dash too.
Are you going to use your original dash ?
Or do you have plans to re-build it or redesign/reshape it ?

I'm thinking of cutting the dash in the under the dash pad - and permanently mounting it at the windshield so that I'll be able to remove it from the car at a later date and not have to remove the windshield ( who designed that ? ? ) . . . at least that's a thought that I've been toying with here lately . . .

I am pretty much just going to cut out the center of the plastic bezel, jbweld a plate in there, do some body work to make it look nice and put in the gauges. It should look pretty good when I get done. No special plans to change up the steel of the dash. I actually really like the shape of the dash the way it is. I prefer the deluxe dash to the higher end models too so that helps.

I'd say just leave your dash alone for the removable part unless you are going to weld in a flange to bolt it all together and have the flanges overlap. I don't see too much reason you would need to remove the whole dash later once you get this done but I have been wrong before.

Looking forward to seeing your '67 in paint kb. All that work to get to this point, always cool to see the payoff.

Looking forward to seeing your '67 in paint kb. All that work to get to this point, always cool to see the payoff.

You and me both brother....I had been told he would start in on it around the 1st of the year....so probably a couple more months before I get to see the finished product.

Auto Transport Service
Back