• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Great News KB . . . Sure hope that it stays next in line ! ! Glad you un-buried the car - it looks like it needed it ! !

Well I figure I owe you guys an update especially after the "for sale" thread showed up. So here goes:

I have decided that if I need money it will come from "other" sources than selling the Coronet. So I WILL finish the car! Now that we got that out of the way. We should be moving into our new house somewhere around memorial day. The car is still at the painters but I am told the body work is mostly complete and will be getting painted before too long. I don't have an ETA yet but I bet somewhere around the end of May.

So the car will probably get put into my garage (hehe I finally have a 2.5 car instead of that puny 1) and largely sit. I will have no surplus income for a while and no money will be spent. But I will try to make some progress. I can do some sand blasting to brackets and install the trim without any real monetary investment. I also plan to do the wiring and get he lights and gauges all in and working. So with any luck it will still hit the street this year just not this spring like I would have liked.

Thank you for all of your support and if you are in Wisconsin I'll be in Luxemburg!

Great to hear you can still swing your Net! That's real good news. Best of luck on your move KB. Welcome to Wisconsin!

Good to hear. Hey it sounds like you have your priorities in place so all we can do is wait patiently! Good luck with the move and enjoy the new house and garage.

WOW . . . great news there KB67Mopar . . . I'm so glad to hear this news, I hated the fact that you may have to sell it . . . after all you did to get it where it is now ( and your thread was an inspiration to me to go down the full restore path ) . . . Sorry, it'll take a bit longer, but you'll be happy that you were able to hang on to it . . . and nice to see that family comes first ( but you've already demonstrated that on many occasions ) . . .

Thanks for the update - and thanks for the GREAT NEWS ! ! !

"Khan"-vertible . . .

So I have a bit of an update. (I wish I had pictures to share) I had to head up north yesterday for work and was able to stop in and check out the car. Red (my body guy) was not home and at work but I was able to take a quick peek at the progress. (Was too dark for a pic with the cell phone)

But he has made some good progress. He has it all laser straight except for finishing the passenger quarter panel and drivers door. The rest is in primer and ready for paint. So I estimated (without getting to talk to him) that it may have some fresh paint on it in a couple weeks. Maybe as far out as the end of June before it is back in my stable.

Realistically the delay has been a good one for me. Since my car has been up waiting in line at his shop I have changed jobs, bought another house, moved in (still unpacking), and attempting to sell the other house. Had he finished when I had planned on it, it would have had to get moved twice and sit out under a car cover for a while. So hopefully in some coming weeks I will be able to start some work on the car (if I can take a break from the house).

Attachments

• 20140520_202651.jpg
    20140520_202651.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 368
Great news KB . . . glad to hear that things may just be able to work out for you - I'm sure pulling for you ! ! Keeping my fingers crossed that the other house will sell for you quickly, I know that, in itself, would be a huge load off your mind.

I know it might be a bit slow . . . but I'll be keeping up with your build and progress . . . of course, I'll be coming to you when it's time to try and figure out this HEMI stuff ! ! !

Funny how things just work out that way. Congrats KB! you'll be peelin' rubber in no time!

Glad to hear it's staying at home, never like to see someone have to sell they're baby against their will. Hope all goes well with selling the house and getting back to tinckering on the old Mopar.

Wow...Lotta stuff on your plate. Hopefully your move went well and the new job is panning out for you.

So I have a bit of an update. (I wish I had pictures to share) I had to head up north yesterday for work and was able to stop in and check out the car. Red (my body guy) was not home and at work but I was able to take a quick peek at the progress. (Was too dark for a pic with the cell phone)

But he has made some good progress. He has it all laser straight except for finishing the passenger quarter panel and drivers door. The rest is in primer and ready for paint. So I estimated (without getting to talk to him) that it may have some fresh paint on it in a couple weeks. Maybe as far out as the end of June before it is back in my stable.

Realistically the delay has been a good one for me. Since my car has been up waiting in line at his shop I have changed jobs, bought another house, moved in (still unpacking), and attempting to sell the other house. Had he finished when I had planned on it, it would have had to get moved twice and sit out under a car cover for a while. So hopefully in some coming weeks I will be able to start some work on the car (if I can take a break from the house).

Wholly crap kb! I thought for a minute he parted out your car and hung it on the wall! LOL. For a second, I thought the window was a television too.

Looking forward to seeing that car with a new coat of paint. What color are you going to paint the car?

Wholly crap kb! I thought for a minute he parted out your car and hung it on the wall! LOL. For a second, I thought the window was a television too.

Looking forward to seeing that car with a new coat of paint. What color are you going to paint the car?

Haha...no no parting here! Those are pieces of damaged fenders. the one on the right came off the coronet and wears its original damage, rust and paint. The one on the left came off a parts car and is wearing the new paint. Its hard to see in that pic and there is a close up somewhere back in the thread...probably in the first 8 pages (but I don't remember).
Its a metallic blue just a bit more toward the medium blue. It was what they substituted when they retired the mix code for Nason for the factory original. I got a pint to test and fell in love with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...Lotta stuff on your plate. Hopefully your move went well and the new job is panning out for you.

Thanks Prop. So far things are going well...still working on the other house sale but we may have a couple interested parties...now they just need to find their wallet!

- - - Updated - - -

Great news KB . . . glad to hear that things may just be able to work out for you - I'm sure pulling for you ! ! Keeping my fingers crossed that the other house will sell for you quickly, I know that, in itself, would be a huge load off your mind.

I know it might be a bit slow . . . but I'll be keeping up with your build and progress . . . of course, I'll be coming to you when it's time to try and figure out this HEMI stuff ! ! !

I probably check yours daily! keep up the good work and one day we can go for a cruise together!

I may have to formulate a plan once mine is done, maybe a first annual FBBO car show somewhere where a bunch of us can get together? Sadly Kahn, you will probably have to drive further...but with the top down I somehow bet you will be ok with that....:toothy10:

I probably check yours daily! keep up the good work and one day we can go for a cruise together!

I may have to formulate a plan once mine is done, maybe a first annual FBBO car show somewhere where a bunch of us can get together? Sadly Kahn, you will probably have to drive further...but with the top down I somehow bet you will be ok with that....:toothy10:

Oh darn KB . . . a longer drive to meet up with a bunch of my new FBBO friends . . . that would be oh so terrible ! ! ! ( GRIN )

Auto Transport Service
Back