• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dual Snorkel Air cleaner

stephenlkarp

Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
So I know (I believe) this is a 1967 Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner. But it looks to be chrome. Did they make one in chrome ?
1000006721.jpg
1000006722.jpg
1000006723.jpg

They (Chrysler Corp) didn't make them in chrome.
We don't need nicks garage to tell us this fact.

Actually they are coated under the paint so they won't rust. If you strip the paint with stripper and nothing abrasive they look like they are galvanized.

Yes it looks like a 67 440 HP unit.

What is the height of it? 68 c bodies had an identical looking air cleaner but it was taller and had a different base plate. I believe 67's were 3 3/8" and the others were more like 4" tall.

67_440ds_10.jpg

What's it cost to strip the chrome off?

According to two of my books, the 1967 440 came standard with the "Chrome Engine Dress-Up" package. Do not strip off the chrome

The chrome dress up package was the valve covers.
My 426W came with the Engine "Chrome Dress-Up" package, and it was valve covers AND air cleaner and metal PCV outer shield. Not saying the '67 did until I actually find proof, but an "Engine" will usually include all three pieces.

What is the height of it? 68 c bodies had an identical looking air cleaner but it was taller and had a different base plate. I believe 67's were 3 3/8" and the others were more like 4" tall.

67_440ds_10.jpg
I don't believe that the 68 C Body was identical looking. The C Body lid has a different indentation on the top and would not fit the B Body HP pie tins. The tall one pictured fits the hp pie tin.

Auto Transport Service
Back