• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dual Snorkel Air cleaner

Kind of looks like the Burgandy colour. Which might be HH1.
HH1 is Dark Copper Metallic like my GTX….poop brown if you will. LOL.

IMG_7490.jpeg

Have you registered it with FastbackJon? I think the 67 440 Chargers have the highest survival rate % wise. Have you modified it, looks pretty short from bumper to tire. Maybe it is just my eyes. Nice launch.
I registered it somewhere 20 years ago.

It has a modified engine. Original engine is stored. Chassis and suspension is all factory.

Stock converter and 3.23 gear - can only muster a 1.9 sec. sixty ft. That picture is at about the 330' mark.

Thanks

I registered it somewhere 20 years ago.

It has a modified engine. Original engine is stored. Chassis and suspension is all factory.

Stock converter and 3.23 gear - can only muster a 1.9 sec. sixty ft. That picture is at about the 330' mark.

Thanks
Runs about a 14.80 ?? :rofl: :poke:

Runs about a 14.80 ?? :rofl: :poke:
That made me laugh out loud.

I think the first time out with untouched original motor with 100,000 miles on it ran about 14.60 at 95 mph. Blue smoke all the way down the track

Found it. March 15, 1987. Best pass - 14.638 @ 94.24

Found it. March 15, 1987. Best pass - 14.638 @ 94.24
440 4 speed had a 440 auto car in about the mid 90s that ran 14.80s.. if you could keep the one tire from frying off lol. A stone stock 68 300 L code survivor too( but SG)

The first day I raced my 1967 Coronet R/T at our car club meet, I ran a best of 14.28. This was about 30 years ago with a fresh 440 engine, automatic, and 3.23 gears. I was surprised it went that well.
Update: I ran it yesterday, for shits and giggles at local East London Timing Association drag day. $10 to get in, plus $20 for Tech card and inspection. Tech consisted of filling out info card, and telling them how fast I expected to run (14's). They never even opened my hood. I made one run. Track was pretty slippery; spun quite a ways in first, and spun again into second. 2.2 60', and 14.95 1/4 mile. First time back in 20 years on 35 year old, 70,000 mile rebuild, so I did not want to push it.

Last edited:

That might be the 68 c body base. I believe the correct 67 base looks like the one in this post. Pretty sure they both have different carb size openings.

Got back from the Nats today..This guy thought he had something special. The only real one I saw was $1500.

IMG_7342.jpeg

IMG_7343.jpeg

My 426W came with the Engine "Chrome Dress-Up" package, and it was valve covers AND air cleaner and metal PCV outer shield. Not saying the '67 did until I actually find proof, but an "Engine" will usually include all three pieces.
Yours doesn't have the dual or single snorkel does it ?

Yours doesn't have the dual or single snorkel does it ?
Mine was missing, just had the valve covers and PCV cover, but I believe it would have been unsilenced going by pics I have seen.

Auto Transport Service
Back