• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX

Double and triple checked the hole locations, then drilled holes and installed the left side.
Left Side Mounted.JPG

Left Side Mounted 1.JPG

Left Side Mounted 2.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great. I don't know if I could trust myself to drill my freshly painted car, definitely a pucker moment!

Cleaned up the inside of the car, masked of the windshield area and set the rear glass in place to try and keep the dust out.
Pushed it outside so I could clean up the booth.
Front View.JPG

Right Side.JPG

The rear glass has a lot of scratches. Tried polish but after a few hours and not seeing any changes I gave up. Now to decide if I can live with it or break down and buy a new one.
Back View.JPG

Bought some headlights and ran into a problem.
The right (passenger) side went in with no problems but when I began installing the driver's side I couldn't get the high beam light to set straight. When I took a closer look I found that the bucket (?) was labeled for the right side.
Right bucket installed on Left side.jpg

At least that's how I read the number.

Wrong bucket.jpg

Bought a new battery tray. The one that came with the car was rusted pretty badly.

Wondering if the battery tray and braces were left black or painted body color?

I needed new pig tail sockets for the rear side marker lights. Tried running the Mopar part number but nothing, so I began a search for them.
Found these online at the Wiring Depot:
New Side Marker Pig Tail Sockets.jpg

Item : JT&T (2563F) 1-Wire Universal Miniature Single Contact Instrument Panel & License Plate 'Snap-In' Light Socket Pigtail, 1 Pc. (88861020 / LS192)
SKU : 2563F
Quantity : 2
Item Price : $2.88
Item Total : $5.76

They fit perfectly and look very close to factory.

Auto Transport Service
Back