• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX

I figured since my car was built in the fall of 1967 that it probably had this style on it.
The rebuild kits with the slotted lenses say from 67-69 I believe.

Looks like I may need to get one of the kits. One of my lenses is cracked.

Does anyone have precise hole locations for the fender mounted turn signals?

I checked my picture file and the car did not have them on it when I got it, yet the VIN Decode says it had them and the wiring is there for them. I know at least one fender had been replaced somewhere along the way due to the factory coloring being different, so maybe they changed them both out?

Does anyone have precise hole locations for the fender mounted turn signals?

I checked my picture file and the car did not have them on it when I got it, yet the VIN Decode says it had them and the wiring is there for them. I know at least one fender had been replaced somewhere along the way due to the factory coloring being different, so maybe they changed them both out?
Quite likely. My ‘69 GTX was an early build with the Dodge Coronet style indicators centered on the fender. Both fenders were replaced in 1981, the car now has them mounted on the outer edges, like the late build survivor ‘69 I owned 30 years ago.

The lenses on my GTX have the slot in them

View attachment 1688704

Are 67 and 68 the same?

What I need is the distance from the top edge at the back of the fender to the front edge of the lens area.
Also from the inner fender edge to the nearest edge of the base.
This will help me to get the precise hole locations for drilling.

Your picture helps me see the approximate position as related to the fender edge.

Lemme know if you need any other pics or angles.

IMG_5871.jpg
IMG_5870.jpg
IMG_5872.jpg
IMG_5873.jpg
IMG_5874.jpg

Got the rebuild kit yesterday.
The gaskets were terrible, so I made my own. Now to muster up the courage to drill those holes. :praying:

Got the rebuild kit yesterday.
The gaskets were terrible, so I made my own. Now to muster up the courage to drill those holes. :praying:
Step drill will be your friend... I tend to determine which step I need and I use a sharpie around that band of the step drill

@‘68 coronet r/t
The previous owner of my car welded over the fender lights’ holes. I had a friend who cut out the corners of his original fenders so he could correctly align them on the new fenders. When I drilled out my fenders using his templates, I saw that the original holes on my fender were right there. Good luck with yours!

@‘68 coronet r/t
The previous owner of my car welded over the fender lights’ holes. I had a friend who cut out the corners of his original fenders so he could correctly align them on the new fenders. When I drilled out my fenders using his templates, I saw that the original holes on my fender were right there. Good luck with yours!
Do you still have the templates?? You could reproduce em!

Do you still have the templates?? You could reproduce em!
Sadly no. I returned them and my friend got rid of all his Mopar stuff. After he meticulously restored a basket case 1969 RR convertible, he decided he didn’t like Mopars. I still kick myself for not buying his RR.

I put some wide masking tape on the fender and then using the measurements given above in the photos marked the the location of the turn signal base.
Hole Locations.jpg

I used the cheap gaskets they sent as a pattern and then made some from very thin rubber sheeting.
Placed it in position and then marked the hole locations.
Gasket Fit.jpg

The only issue I found was the 4" measurement shown in the pictures is about a 1/4" longer on my car.

I put some wide masking tape on the fender and then using the measurements given above in the photos marked the the location of the turn signal base.
View attachment 1694969

I used the cheap gaskets they sent as a pattern and then made some from very thin rubber sheeting.
Placed it in position and then marked the hole locations.
View attachment 1694970

The only issue I found was the 4" measurement shown in the pictures is about a 1/4" longer on my car.
Did you drill em yet? I could go back with a straight edge at the front of the car and retake the photo.

No, I am still being cautious not to hurry things.

I was careful to put the measuring tape in the same starting location at the rear of the fender. When it came to the 6 9/16" measurement, I wasn't sure if the measuring tape was straight from the inner edge of the fender or held down along the contour of the fender? I held it down.

I can't see the top measurement or where the starting point is.
I will double check the hole center locations on mine.
Please don't use what I posted as a reference for your car. I'm fairly certain that the hole spacing is different on the trim style indicators vs. the non trim indicators. I was merely pointing out how the holes are not in alignment with each other. I deleted the post so as not to be confusing, sorry.

Did you drill em yet? I could go back with a straight edge at the front of the car and retake the photo.

Could you double check the 53 1/2" starting point at the rear of the fender?
If I move my tape to follow the outer top edge it moves the front of the turn signal farther forward about 1/2 inch. That would correct the 4" measurement from the front of the fender to the base flange.

I forgot I had a tailor's tape. I put it right along the top edge. 53-1/4" to front of housing.

And 4-13/16" from front of car with a straight edge. Not the greatest of measurement cuz of all the angles on the front.

IMG_5905.jpg
IMG_5904.jpg
IMG_5906.jpg
IMG_5908.jpg
IMG_5909.jpg

That will work. I am sure if mine are real close to those measurements it will be as close a factory tolerances back then. LOL
I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out!

Auto Transport Service
Back