• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner facelift

That color is awesome! This is an impressive build. The new garage and attached house is very nice. Where are you going to hang the disco bird quarter panel? Sucky neighbors suck! My parents are going through hell with their neighbors.

Gorgeous car and new place Dave! Love the new Stance of your bird... what suspension mods did you make? (hoping that already hasn't been covered and I'm not asking twice... 54 is a lot of pages! lol)

Nothing but thumbs up on the color.
It's my favorite. Looks rich.
Seen my car?
Same color but bald with black interior.

We're super excited, moving in this week. I will be without a shop for an unknown amount of time.

That's ok for the short term though, I could use a break from the heavy resto work with the all inclusive ugliness that comes with it. Cutting bad metal out, splitting spot welds, buckets and buckets of dirt and rust flakes, old undercoating and mysterious filth raining down on a man's face as you slave away from a horribly contorted and compromised position under a car.... All the grinding and sanding, welding.... yeah I can use a break from all the heavy work for a while. I think I might try being one of these classic car "Owners" for a while. My big projects will be mounting a new set of wheels and tires, detailing the dash, checking the air pressure in the tires or changing the oil lol!

I'm very much ready to be that guy for a while.

Here's a view of the house that's attached to the garage.

IMG_0653_zps01220b33.jpg

Another angle from behind the house where you go into the garage.

backofhouse_zps89ab0885.jpg

Congrats & it looks awesome... you got love them new digs...LOL... good luck & great work

Howdy fellerz.

We are moved in to the new house now, I'm sure we'll be unpacking for months but we're having a lot of fun in doing so.

Thanks for the compliments on the car and on the house.

Someone axed me what I did to lower the nose of the car. I just unloaded the torsion bars. The dang things were wound up tight with a nosebleed stance. I believe I probably got better weight transfer and planted the bone stock 383/suregrip launch a little better with the nose up.... But this is a cruiser, not a drag car.

I'll have to see about a wheel/tire swap this winter sometime.

Shoot....nice pad Dave! Anyone would be proud to have digs like that. Enjoy the rest of you unpacking/settling in.

The Plymouth got it's first bath at the new place this week.

IMG_7766_zpse86150a5.jpg

Here is where it will spend the winter. I'll get a cover for it soon.

IMG_3738_zpsb3ed8213.jpg

My flags came in the mail the other day, digging the new place.

IMG_8012_zps4bbd9a34.jpg

IMG_3077_zpscc58749c.jpg

I'll probably be the "bad neighbor" now by comparison.

:grin:

God I love Fridays.

Might have to take the ole brown car for a rip this weekend if we get some sunshine.

I'll probably be the "bad neighbor" now by comparison.

:grin:

God I love Fridays.

Might have to take the ole brown car for a rip this weekend if we get some sunshine.

Good to hear you have cool neighbors... Make life much easier, I like most all of mine too... I'm glad I'm not the only car guy in my neighborhood, I have a Jeep guy on one-side & a guy with a 69 Chevelle SS & a trick 47 Ford Pro-street car across the road... I usually strive to be the biggest dirt-bag in the nicest neighborhood... been pretty successful so far, all my life...LOL...

Looks like a great new place. Glad you got away from the neighbors from HELL. Love the bird but would agree rims and tires could realy make it.

I need a car cover to keep the dust off the bird this winter. Indoor storage, pref lined or "non scuffy"

Recommendations welcome (needed)

Thanks.

dave pick a good cover don`t use a plastic tarp ,[video]http://www.calcarcover.com/howtoselect[/video][video]http://www.carcovers.com/covers/cars/plymouth/road-runner/1969/coupe.html[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back