• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 b-body Passenger Mirror Option

In this picture you can see that three of my 70 Charger R/Ts have painted racing mirrors on them.

20220925_200214.jpg

So the left is which side? It’s am ambiguous to me. No driver side is clear as day. It’s just my opinion that’s all. It probably comes from being an engineer for 30 years.
American cars are driven from the left side and British cars are driven from the right side. If someone is left-handed, that doesn’t change to right-handed when I’m facing them.

An incorrect phrase repeated by a lot of people does not legitimize it.
I am disappointed at how the language often eventually accepts poor grammar and improper word usage. It is as if society fails to strive for improving and settles for just getting worse.
It's a very natural progression. If that wasn't the case, weedeth allst be talkingeth liketh thine oldest dayeth.

But I do agree with most of what you're saying.
Especially, taking a coffee brake after doing a break job.
Drives me nuts, bite tongue and carry on. Correcting people can be seen as very rude in some circles.

Mehanix aren’t known for their grammar. I mean after all none of our past two presidents don’t even speak in sentences!

Especially, taking a coffee brake after doing a break job.
Drives me nuts, bite tongue and carry on. Correcting people can be seen as very rude in some circles.
It amazes me how many don't know the difference between the two words but on the other hand, I'm not any better in other areas of the Anglish eanguage.....but can I tell you about Rindercella and the prandsome hince or maybe about my Mord Fustange Bastfack. I pulled the motoatic manstrission out and installed a sorefpeed......

It amazes me how many don't know the difference between the two words but on the other hand, I'm not any better in other areas of the Anglish eanguage.....but can I tell you about Rindercella and the prandsome hince or maybe about my Mord Fustange Bastfack. I pulled the motoatic manstrission out and installed a sorefpeed......
The way I see grammar.

- Grammar is only a convention that often doesn’t make any sense and is not based on
anything meaningful.
- I use a cell phone for all of this stuff. It often is difficult to type with.
- If someone’s grammar bothers someone a lot then rejoice your life is going really well!
- Given the above I value good conversation and typos and basic grammar mistakes are not a big deal. This is especially true for multilingual folks.
- Lastly I value someone who can read a micrometer, knows how to knurl on a lathe, knows how to set up a Bridgeport for machining or can set the timing on a cam etc. These are skills are far more valuable in my opinion. Fewer and fewer folks know that stuff these days and we are in trouble because of it. Lots of english majors out there which don’t help the US compete in critical technology of the world.

But they can’t spell Mississippi….

The way I see grammar.

- Grammar is only a convention that often doesn’t make any sense and is not based on
anything meaningful.
- I use a cell phone for all of this stuff. It often is difficult to type with.
- If someone’s grammar bothers someone a lot then rejoice your life is going really well!
- Given the above I value good conversation and typos and basic grammar mistakes are not a big deal. This is especially true for multilingual folks.
- Lastly I value someone who can read a micrometer, knows how to knurl on a lathe, knows how to set up a Bridgeport for machining or can set the timing on a cam etc. These are skills are far more valuable in my opinion. Fewer and fewer folks know that stuff these days and we are in trouble because of it. Lots of english majors out there which don’t help the US compete in critical technology of the world.

But they can’t spell Mississippi….
I can do all of the stuff you mentioned with a micrometer, knurling (I have a Bridgeport....actually a Lugun, and a lathe) and can set up cam timing. Also can speeel Mass a chu sheeets and Mrs Sippi :D

Kiwi is having a heart attack right now that this thread is more than three sentences. If only he saw my fender tag sooner this whole mess wouldn’t of happened.
Kern Dog is probably right with Kiwi heart attack wise, but not for the absolute length but for all this intentional grammatical butchery.

I have an old ausswaldian friend up here, and after many beers I think we always come to the same conclusion that South is still south, and west is still west. Even down there.
I'm sure a knowledgeable mod can verify.
When I pull the plug out from the bath, the water circulates in an anti-clockwise direction.

However, when I flush the toilet, I still need a coat hanger on the end of my drill to mash up the deposit left. :carrot:

Kern Dog is probably right with Kiwi heart attack wise, but not for the absolute length but for all this intentional grammatical butchery.
I don't recall ever mentioning anything about anyone's heart issues...

Auto Transport Service
Back