• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee V Code????

msda

Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Long story short I am now in possession of what I believe to be a rare 1970 dodge coronet super bee v code. problem is I don't know anything about classic cars (im 21). The vin number reads WM21V0G250813. After decoding it online it comes out as this.
WM - Coronet Super BEE
21 - 2 Door coupe (rear window does not roll down)
V - 440 Six Pack V8
0 - 1970
G - St. Louis, MO
250813 - sequence number

Where I am stuck I have no paperwork for this car besides a California clean title. No buildsheet/broadcast sheet. Hell the car doesn't even have a fender tag which already questions the authenticity of the car. It's 4 speed pistol grip transmission. rear axle unknown. Original color unknown. Everything is unknown. Besides me knowing that's it's a super bee v code with a 4 speed I don't know nothing else. I don't know what the price on these cars are. I want to restore it but only if I know what it's worth. Ive been doing hours of research and I believe this is 1 of 109 made correct me if im wrong. Im hoping someone can guide me to find out the value of this car. I have included pictures of the car. Overall condition is okay. Body is solid. The interior is a mess of wires I don't know what the previous owner was doing. I do have a good amount of original parts for it such as the original radio and gauges. Also is there a way to get the build sheet or fender tag for these cars? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

20240218_103423.jpeg

20240722_101655.jpeg

20240722_101704.jpeg

7e2f5cb2-85ef-4137-a58a-7fb69c0dc6d1.jpeg

2b761f8b-7751-4144-bfc0-a84d85109aec.jpeg

20240213_173729.jpeg

20240319_122846.jpeg

20240218_105851.jpeg

20240218_110022.jpeg

Get it running and driving, and enjoy it.

JACKPOT! Ok, if it’s an original car, it should have a “Dana 60” rear end which will have a cover with 10 bolts as you look under the car from the back. It is an ultra rare car. AND to verify it, the VIN number in the dash you see should match a number on the passenger side (?) of the radiator core support AND the number under the trunk seal, driver’s side, towards the front of the car, also on the transmission. If all those numbers match, it’s real

Where I am stuck I have no paperwork for this car ...No buildsheet/broadcast sheet.....the car doesn't even have a fender tag which already questions the authenticity of the car. .....Everything is unknown.

Ive been doing hours of research and I believe this is 1 of 109 made correct me if im wrong.

Also is there a way to get the build sheet or fender tag for these cars? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Six pack four speed cars are always cool!

If 'everything is unknown' and you do not have any documentation (no Fender tag, no broadcast sheet) other than the VIN tag , then you do not know if it is one of 104. You will have to do some serious homework and looking at the car's details to help determine what you do have.

It is not possible to get a hold of the broadcast sheet unless somone has it or a picture of it. You can always post a Wanted ad listing the VIN on several sites and hope a search engine helps you get a hit.

Given there is no documentation, you will not be able to get an accurate fender tag. There are plenty of people that will take your money and stamp codes on a piece of metal and call it a fender tag but....it will look pretty but will not be accurate.

SPD was likely in the first two weeks of June 1970.

That's all I have for now. :thumbsup:

I see the clutch pedal rubber has been removed from the OP's car.....must be for sliding off the pedal quickly..... :steering::steering::steering:

As has been said before, if the "hidden vins" (radiator support, trunk) match the vin on the dash this would be a good start.
Also what about the Engine and Transmission?

Consider hiring an expert to figure out the factory equipment of this car if necessary.

1970 coronets are cool & if turns out this one is real than it would be worth quite a bit if restored:

But make no mistake, getting this car restored properly will also cost you 5 to 6 digits.

IMHO, If you were to do a full restoration you better "find" at least the fender tag, though.

Hopefully the VIN on the trans matches the dash VIN and the "hidden VIN #'s on the rad support and trunk lid match as well. If all that matches it's a real 4 speed V-code and all the other options aren't really that big of a deal. No Ramcharger hood which would be nice but the 4 speed and six pack are the big deal. Nice it's a coupe as well.
Colour is hard to prove without a tag or sheet, there might be clues under dash or underneath the windshield gasket. Take lots of photos when you disassemble it.
If I was building it I'd put back what can be proven and anything that can't be proven I'd make it the option I would have ordered in 1970 (colour, radio, tach, PS, PDB etc.).
It's a really neat car and pretty complete from the photos. I wouldn't rip it apart just yet. You're 21 and it'll be fun to get it running, put in a new wiring harness so it doesn't burn to the ground, make it safe and drive it. You'll get the experience us old as dirt guys had when we bought these cars when they were 5 years old. That's a lot more fun than a gut busting, 5 year resto.

JACKPOT! Ok, if it’s an original car, it should have a “Dana 60” rear end which will have a cover with 10 bolts as you look under the car from the back. It is an ultra rare car. AND to verify it, the VIN number in the dash you see should match a number on the passenger side (?) of the radiator core support AND the number under the trunk seal, driver’s side, towards the front of the car, also on the transmission. If all those numbers match, it’s real
The vin on the dash and driver door do verify. Where would it be on the passenger side? I would need to get the car on a lift to verify the axle and the transmission. The radiator support core and trunk seal I haven't found yet.

Six pack four speed cars are always cool!

If 'everything is unknown' and you do not have any documentation (no Fender tag, no broadcast sheet) other than the VIN tag , then you do not know if it is one of 104. You will have to do some serious homework and looking at the car's details to help determine what you do have.

It is not possible to get a hold of the broadcast sheet unless somone has it or a picture of it. You can always post a Wanted ad listing the VIN on several sites and hope a search engine helps you get a hit.

Given there is no documentation, you will not be able to get an accurate fender tag. There are plenty of people that will take your money and stamp codes on a piece of metal and call it a fender tag but....it will look pretty but will not be accurate.
What sites?

As has been said before, if the "hidden vins" (radiator support, trunk) match the vin on the dash this would be a good start.
Also what about the Engine and Transmission?

Consider hiring an expert to figure out the factory equipment of this car if necessary.

1970 coronets are cool & if turns out this one is real than it would be worth quite a bit if restored:
[/URL]

But make no mistake, getting this car restored properly will also cost you 5 to 6 digits.

IMHO, If you were to do a full restoration you better "find" at least the fender tag, though.
That fender tag is lost in time. The previous owner is dead and his daughter gave me the car since it was taking up space in the garage.

Which locations in the car did you check?
So far ive just checked the dash vin and the driver door vin. Im hearing word that the build sheet maybe under the carpet or under the seat? Would that be true or a possibility?

So far ive just checked the dash vin and the driver door vin. Im hearing word that the build sheet maybe under the carpet or under the seat? Would that be true or a possibility?
Yes. Look under the back seat as that is the most common. Could be under the carpet or taped to the glovebox. Take a look under the seat first.

Auto Transport Service
Back