• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

Decided NOT to block out the light bay with black paint like the factory. It just looks dirty to me.
Skipping the blackout is a mistake. Cars look horrible when the painted core support distracts your eyes away from the grille.

My own car....
No Intro 2.JPG

Later....

Folsom 11.JPG

Last edited:
I agree with KD. They did that at the factory for cosmetic reasons and it works well. Its not too late for you to apply the blackout treatment.

I see it! Ok let me think about that guys. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
I see said the blind man……. After 4 years she can see now!

IMG_1143.jpeg

Mine's B5 Blue, actually a bit darker, and I'm glad that I was convinced by the masses to black it out. Can't imagine that Orange poking out..
beerestoration2019 1140.JPG
beerestoration2019 1239.JPG
beerestoration2019 2204.JPG

Paint that sucker black as well with some thin trim paint.. it'll cool better!
I was actually wondering how much efficiency I would loose painting especially black. How do you figure it would cool better painted and painted black? I would dig having it black then blacking out the entire front end!

Insta-Blak A-384 by EPI.

Wondering about this product for the radiator.

IMG_1150.png

Plastic grill insert with the now correct silver trim.

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

Insulating the doors. I am using a self adhesive backed sound and thermal insulation barrier with foil backing. It’s about 3/8” or more thick. I’ve decided to add a couple of coats on contact cement to the door after thoroughly washing and scrubbing it. This is to make sure it sticks and stays for a long time.

View attachment 1613827

View attachment 1613828

View attachment 1613853
Not sure I’d put anything insurer the door that would retain moisture. Too late now, but I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt you later.

Also, don’t skip the black out behind your grille. IMHO it is an easy job that really cleans up the view from the front of the car.

Not sure I’d put anything insurer the door that would retain moisture. Too late now, but I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt you later.

Also, don’t skip the black out behind your grille. IMHO it is an easy job that really cleans up the view from the front of the car.
Thanks for the input. Good news! I live in Arizona so not too much concern for moisture. It’s a closed cell so it shouldn’t retain any water as well. But thanks for the input! Also I have masked for blackout last night and about to paint later this morning!!

Blackout……

IMG_1210.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1212.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

Last edited:
Oops forgot to plug that…guess ill call that car character.

IMG_1213.jpeg

Sorting out some bumper fitment issues and test fitting the front end grill tonight. The gap between the plastic grill and the lower is adjustable and will be adjusted tomorrow. This is all just test fitting prior to painting the lower grill Orange. It’s coming together finally. I still need to get the door glass in this week and windshield. Once this is all done it’s time to switch out the tires and get working on the motor and get it running again. I am about two weeks or less out depending how much time I get in on it.

IMG_1258.jpeg

Bit by bit. Glass is in. Again had to drill 1/8” moulding clip holes in the upper roof since this has a new roof skin. I used another different drill alignment jig.

IMG_1288.jpeg

IMG_1289.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back