• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 to GEN2 Hemi Swap

zero cheap options for headers/exh manifolds, zero cheap options for rocker assemblies, zero cheap options for blocks.

Even sniping the best deals on used parts and doing all the work yourself, it just isn't realistic to build one for under 10k anymore without serious compromises to durability. Not in 2016 dollars.

If one starts out with nothing,the big difference is the valve train.A mega block is the same price,bare heads are close in price as is the rotating assembly.

The way to go is to pick up somebodies unfinished project. You got to let people know your serious and ready to drop everything to go check out a deal. Its worked for me.

Still undecided. My 440 is tired but still ok for cruiser duty. I'm not looking for a race car just something fun for the street and the 67's just scream Hemi.

Haven't seen and projects around here let alone completed Hemi cars. I'd seek to do a stock look with some modern parts for durability and street drive ability.

Auto Transport Service
Back