• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I think it would look good myself and especially with the padding you would use, It would make it look better still!

It wont flake off? Isn't that one of the concerns for racing. Other than that I'd do it. Chrome is cool!

Funny you should mention the roll-bar, I wanted to throw this idea out there and see what everyone thinks. I think chrome roll-bars look cool but I think NHRA rules say no chrome bars or cages. So I thought about the chrome skin I applied to my jet. It's not real durable and I would only be able to put it on mostly straight sections. I could hide the unchromed spots with padding or something. If it doesn't work out it comes right off with a heat gun/blow dryer.

Awesome skills brother! I was just catching up on your thread this morning. Very nice work ... and ... What Jet?

Cool, and Ka-ool, i do like the foreboding music watching that last one,I had a German Stuka dive bomber when i was a kid, thats what got me started, it had strings to fly it though! lol Id love to have a radio controlled one of those now.. Thanks again for posting these! :)

That's pretty cool, I could see myself enjoying that.

It is quite the adrenalin rush, but easy to lose a lot of money.
Here is probably the last rust patch repair on the unibody, unless I find/remember anymore spots. This is where the battery ate at it. I made a stencil of the holes, may not drill them, yet., since I plan on a trunk batt set up for now.

Attachments

• CAM00285.jpg
    CAM00285.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 380
  • CAM00286.jpg
    CAM00286.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 380
  • CAM00287.jpg
    CAM00287.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 378
  • CAM00290.jpg
    CAM00290.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 375
  • CAM00289.jpg
    CAM00289.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 375
Nice work. The rotisserie sure makes working on the car more pleasant doesn't it.

wow some more out standing work ,thanks for sharing :headbang:

I agree, Outstanding work, you can really see the difference in your welding from start to all this, great results for sure and a pleasure to watch.... and learn.!! Envy bug-ah- biting seeing it on that rotisserie :)

I agree, Outstanding work, you can really see the difference in your welding from start to all this, great results for sure and a pleasure to watch.... and learn.!! Envy bug-ah- biting seeing it on that rotisserie :)
Yea, I wish my welding had been better at the start. I went back, ground off and re-welded a few spots that will show more on some of my crapy ealier welds.

Don't you just hate that, as your skills advance you become more and more picky about everything. For me it's a huge problem "my skills don't seem to keep up with my expectations, haha". Keep up the great work

Yea, I wish my welding had been better at the start. I went back, ground off and re-welded a few spots that will show more on some of my crapy ealier welds.

I don't think your giving yourself enough credit, You have done a top notch job all thru this and just think, The next car you do, if you get another will be top notch and you'll know exactly how your going to do it!
Im not trying to be a smart azz with getting another car just sayin i think i would want to after the learning curve you've had, heck even when you weren't using the gas the welds looked good and the metal work around the window and other places speaks for itself not to mention the roll bars!

I've been cleaning/burning and scraping off undercoat and getting a lot off surface rust off with a wire brush in my air angle grinder. I figure the more I can easily clean now will be less blasting. Amazing how new some of the areas look after removing the undercoat.

Attachments

• CAM00293.jpg
    CAM00293.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 304
I keep finding/remembering things to fix before major blasting. I guess I will start on repairing this rusty area around the upper A mounts. This is the worst side. I will order some new mount brackets and I think I can repair the rest. I will blast this area during this repair to get out as much rust as possible.

Attachments

• CAM00295.jpg
    CAM00295.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 304
nice fab skills, keep up the good work...

Auto Transport Service
Back