• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I think I had a picture on my post will check.

I feel your pain too daytona, I just try not to think about my growing pile of receipts and more about the progress towards that rubber road ride to freedom! lol!
:3gears:

But you've made some awesome progress over this past year and I bet you'll be laying some black stripes down the road before 2014 is out. Congrats on the new truck too!
:eek:ccasion14:

I haven't got very much work done on the car lately. Kinda been busy with other stuff, like waxing on the truck and getting my stuff from 2013 ready to do my taxes. I figured up what I spent on the car in 2013, it came to about $6500. That was just car parts-- no tools, materials, paint, etc.
Still scratching my head trying to figure where that money went. :confused2:

I feel ya on that one Daytona. Off the top of my head I've probably spent close to $7000.00 on my Coronet but that includes the price of the car, new tools and equipment along with the parts. It definitely adds up quick don't it.

Oh man, it definitely adds up quick.

over 4.5 years, I think I'm 20 grand in? probably more like 25.... at this point I want it back together and driving, then I can tinker with all the little stuff... EVERYTHING is new...it's really scary how much of a brand new old car i'm building....

sjd

Lol, Scares me to think about the prices now, I know whats into my 73, My new one i have a drawer just for receipts for parts and tools, Sometimes i sit here and i swear it looks like smoke coming out of it! I think the best way to do it is keep them somewhere and wait until its all finished first outing in it over and then and only then grab a six pack on a rainy day and tell the wife "let the games begin" as you take along the calculator with the six pack.. Don't forget the sweat rag lol... :)

The garage is tuff to get warm when it's 10 degrees outside, so I haven't felt like doing much there. I have been doing some stuff that I had to do tho, like sell my minivan, which was not needed anymore since I got the truck, and was having problems. It took some work to get it sold without giving it away. It was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It went 195k miles without any problems. I hardly ever put a wrench on it., other than 1 set of plugs and regular oil changes. But, the trans was going out but the rest of the van was in extremely good condition., so I detailed it out like a real jewel and some guy liked it a lot, said he had a bud that could fix the trans fairly cheap. I had a tear in my eye as he drove away with it.

Attachments

• CAM00411.jpg
    CAM00411.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 461
I feel your pain "-17 Tuesday morning" Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I've been having to use the 155,000 BTU torpedo heater for a little extra help getting mine warm and I wouldn't call it warm but it's comfy enough. Hang in there Spring is coming.

I did do a little work on the car tonight. I disassembled the drivers door. It will be a miracle if I get it back together.

Attachments

• CAM00412.jpg
    CAM00412.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 447
  • CAM00413.jpg
    CAM00413.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 450
I HEAR YA on taking the door apart,i felt the same as you, but it was not NEAR as bad as i thought it would be. if i can do it ,you can do it for sure.

I did do a little work on the car tonight. I disassembled the drivers door. It will be a miracle if I get it back together.

I felt exactly the same way when I stripped my doors and quarter window assemblies out. It is even worse when you have to take every single piece apart to clean, restore, paint - then you really have a pile of pieces lol. But with 747's help, I managed to get my quarter windows back in and actually working. I have the doors to put together yet, but feel as though they shouldn't be much worse than the rears.

Yep, I remember your arms. Mine were that way from removing the rears. I may wear leather welding sleeves going back in.

Got the other door stripped down. It was a little easier since the glass was busted. It has a little rust on it that I think I can fix with a patch or 2.

Attachments

• CAM00417.jpg
    CAM00417.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 388
  • CAM00418.jpg
    CAM00418.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 391
  • CAM00421.jpg
    CAM00421.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 404
They look like they should repair easy enuf. Maybe take a look inside the door and see what you can do to stop the rust there also.

They look like they should repair easy enuf. Maybe take a look inside the door and see what you can do to stop the rust there also.

Oh, fer sher! I will use some of my Eastwood internal surface, phenolic resin penetrating, converting, encapsulating, zinc phosphate sealing, future corrosion preventing- coating.

:spam in acid:

Oh, fer sher! I will use some of my Eastwood internal surface, phenolic resin penetrating, converting, encapsulating, zinc phosphate sealing, future corrosion preventing- coating.

That's EASY for YOU to say . . . ( grin )

It's been blizzard season here in Iowa too. I've been using that time to take care of the Honey-Do list so when the weather brakes a little I can hit er at full speed! BTW my front spring hangers had the same boltpattern mismatch as yours, glad you posted that for me to look at!!:icon_fU:

It's been blizzard season here in Iowa too. I've been using that time to take care of the Honey-Do list so when the weather brakes a little I can hit er at full speed! BTW my front spring hangers had the same boltpattern mismatch as yours, glad you posted that for me to look at!!:icon_fU:

Yep, that's sad they can't get that right. Probably made in china. I just drilled my holes out a little and have the extra plates, extra welds, going to switch the fiberlock nuts I put on to stock nut (from mancini> http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/sphanu.html) which are the strongest I've seen (big washer made onto nut),. and I'll loctite/threadlock them.
Funny side note- when I came up with the brilliant idea to go ahead and weld my hangers on not realizing that now my wheel stands will not work, so now I have to make something to bolt to the hanger and connect to my stands. What a dumba$$!

Have you been reading my thread because what you just posted might be my answer depending on how the next conversation goes with the chrome shop. Thanks for sharing that link, looks pretty good to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back