• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

those caltracs look pretty cool, how much lower will it sit than stock. i just got the hotchkis rear setup, which should be 1 to 2 inch drop
Not sure, but I think it should be about stock height. I may have messed up by getting 1" hi mono leafs, but I have the front of the leaf in the upper hole of the 2 hole (adjustable) offset hanger which should put it near stock. I plan on some big tires so it will be possible to raise if needed.

Looks good Daytona, are they more for drag or are they also good for all around street use? Man the bottom of your car sure looks nice to. Keep up the hard work

I'm no expert but I believe they are strictly for drag racing but not sure if they would benefit any other ways. They apparently make your leaf spring rear work like a 4 link to avoid torque rotation/twist of the rear end. All I really know is that they work great for dragging, or so everyone says.

I made my own spring perches so I can adjust ride height if needed by which set I use.

I made my own spring perches so I can adjust ride height if needed by which set I use.
I'd like to see a pic of those if possible. I thought I could use some perch spacers if I need to lower any.

If I recall Prop has the cal tracs on his RR .. i assume b/c he's got a million ft lbs of torque

Awesome progress daytona! Cool to see the suspension coming together and can't wait to see it rolling on some fat cheater slicks, keep up the great work! :icon_thumleft:

Suspension is looking great man nice work. Can wait to see it on her feet again as well. Those caltracs are nice I may have to look into a set

I'm finally driving a mopar again. Got this today to tow the car to the body shop, strip, ect. It's an 07 with the 4.7, which feels powerful enough to me for towing my trailer with the car on it. Weight is within gvwr.
May paint the charger blue now.

Attachments

• CAM00382.jpg
    CAM00382.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 435
I'm finally driving a mopar again. Got this today to tow the car to the body shop, strip, ect. It's an 07 with the 4.7, which feels powerful enough to me for towing my trailer with the car on it. Weight is within gvwr.
May paint the charger blue now.

You go by that "gvwr", my Dakota is a 1 Ton going by what I haul in it haha. Nice looking truck.

Great truck Daytona! Looks like its in great shape to.. I sure miss my Ram!

The blue on the Ram Trucks look great. Thinking of painting that color for one of my 2 tones for my ramcharger.

Nice looking Ram kid! Like the blue...congrat's. You can run the caltrac's on the street. I called and asked that question when ordering. They don't make any kind of noise or effect normal driving characteristics. They will harshen the ride a bit, that part is noticeable but not overwhelming. I really like mine. I took the preload off the Caltrac's one day to see how it performed. She was as slippery as a drunk on an ice rink. Good luck!

I haven't got very much work done on the car lately. Kinda been busy with other stuff, like waxing on the truck and getting my stuff from 2013 ready to do my taxes. I figured up what I spent on the car in 2013, it came to about $6500. That was just car parts-- no tools, materials, paint, etc.
Still scratching my head trying to figure where that money went. :confused2:

I haven't got very much work done on the car lately. Kinda been busy with other stuff, like waxing on the truck and getting my stuff from 2013 ready to do my taxes. I figured up what I spent on the car in 2013, it came to about $6500. That was just car parts-- no tools, materials, paint, etc.

It sure adds up quickly doesn't it? I am keeping a journal of everything that has went into my Charger project. But to be honest, I don't think I will ever add it all up. Probably would tip over from a heart attack, and then I wouldn't get to enjoy the car lol.

It sure adds up quickly doesn't it? I am keeping a journal of everything that has went into my Charger project. But to be honest, I don't think I will ever add it all up. Probably would tip over from a heart attack, and then I wouldn't get to enjoy the car lol.

I'm with you on that H2E . . . I'm tracking it, well kinda, maybe better if I didn't then I'll never get the urge to ad it all up . . .

Might need to think of using the receipt as kindling to start the fire ? ? ? ( smile )

I know your pain Daytona Kid - been trying to get some catchup stuff done and not much Belvedere time lately . . . ( sigh ) . . . We'll get back to them soon !

Thanks for reminding me :(

I'm keeping receipts but that's it "I'll never add it up or even look at them all" haha.

A couple revs of the engine, two black marks and throw in a couple thumbs up going thru town and smile when ya say, "Ok, I remember now" :)

Auto Transport Service
Back