• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Another change/improvement of plans. Earlier I considered stick on chrome covering for my roll bars and now I have decided to try this paint on chrome from Eastwood., may use it on other parts also if it works as good as they say.>

Looking forward to your opinioins and the results

"Yeah" 1969 Charger RT linked that one to my thread but I haven't figured out how to get it yet plus it looks like it may take a special gun?????? I'm just glad to see some options especially the one you posted since it just requires your normal paint guns, if you figure out anymore about purchasing this other one let me know (I sent an Email and am waiting for a response).

Got a few goodies from Mancini, hope it all fits!. I'm trying to buy a few things at a time that I'll need, as I think of them, and confirm the actual need. Bought extra hanger bolts for the rear wheel stand mod that I'm going to do. This mod will help the light front cg while on the stands since it will have the rear stands an inch or so further back.

Attachments

• CAM00425.jpg
    CAM00425.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 334
Have you seen the video on those LCA stiffening plates? Don't forget to tighten them up if they are loose before you weld the plates on :)

[video=youtube;Nwes-SP8u4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwes-SP8u4w[/video]

Looking good daytona! Nothing like new parts, small or large "new" is good!

Talked to a guy at a sand blasting company today. I'll have to take it to him, no biggy.. He said it would be $350-$500.. Says he's done 1000s of cars and only uses sand,. is that ok? I've heard sand can hurt some parts. Any advise on this is as always greatly appreciated.

Talked to a guy at a sand blasting company today. I'll have to take it to him, no biggy.. He said it would be $350-$500.. Says he's done 1000s of cars and only uses sand,. is that ok? I've heard sand can hurt some parts. Any advise on this is as always greatly appreciated.

To do your whole car inside, outside, and bottom etc? I'd ask to speak to some customers who aren't his friends and relatives but he may be good. I've heard a lot from Donny and others things can go south with sandblasting but if a guy knows what he's doing maybe OK. I'd check references and look at their stuff that he did .. esp a recent customer who's not got it done and painted already.

Sandblasting the undercarriage, rockers, floors, etc is fine but it will warp the crap out of your sheet metal, fenders, roof, trunk lid, quarters and the hood are all no no's (don't ask how I know). I had my car sandblasted and had great results but when it was blasted there was nothing fragile on it but the roof which I told him "do not touch" quarters were even off.

Sandblasting the undercarriage, rockers, floors, etc is fine but it will warp the crap out of your sheet metal, fenders, roof, trunk lid, quarters and the hood are all no no's (don't ask how I know). I had my car sandblasted and had great results but when it was blasted there was nothing fragile on it but the roof which I told him "do not touch" quarters were even off.

Sounds like good advise to me. I still have to get a quote to get mine done. Found a place nearby just too lazy to go there lol.
I take it that for the $300 to $500 that is just for the blasting and no primer.

Don't sand blast any flat panels or they will warp for certain. It does have its place though, just stay away from the doors, hood, decklid, fenders, quarters, and tailpanel.

Listen to these cats on the sand blasting......My younger days, I learned the hard way. I would hate to see the same for you.

Got a good deal on these., thought I might as well ad some strength to the front also.. But I added something which I think will work out good. I added plates on the inside of the firewall that I will weld tubing to going diag to the door bars thus connecting front to back, or so. Still leaving all the inside bars unboltable. My buds kid me that I'm building a tank.

Attachments

• CAM00426.jpg
    CAM00426.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 277
  • CAM00427.jpg
    CAM00427.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 279
  • CAM00428.jpg
    CAM00428.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 279
Thanks kid... I've been thinking of using those too on the convert to stiffen it up some more

Thanks kid... I've been thinking of using those too on the convert to stiffen it up some more
I'll give these a thumbs up for ease of install.. They came with some extra plates/pieces that would beef up where they meet the shock tower but I really don't see them adding that much strength, so they're probably not going on unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I think I know what you mean and the strength adding may be deceptive .. but you have them so I'd do it .. remember these are uni-bodies and any bracing, gusseting, support etc can't hurt.

Auto Transport Service
Back