• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I'm going to try that! Thanks Charlie!
Still waiting on a good weekend to blast.. In the mean time I bought some stuff for the tow rig/trailer. A 9,000 lb winch and a tool box for it to live in. I'll add a battery for it, and some basic tools, equipment, straps, etc. Gotta cut a hole in the backside of the box for the cable and mount it to the trailer.

I like that box man .. filed for ref .. good luck with the seat decision

I had to weld a nut in the new rear partial rails right at the splice where the snubbers bolt on. I ground the nuts down to a smaller diameter, tapped them into a tight fitting hole I drilled, welded them, then ground them clean. Worked out well. And yes, I am going to get new snubbers.

Attachments

• CAM00466.jpg
    CAM00466.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 413
  • CAM00468.jpg
    CAM00468.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 409
  • CAM00470.jpg
    CAM00470.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
I had to weld a nut in the new rear partial rails right at the splice where the snubbers bolt on. I ground the nuts down to a smaller diameter, tapped them into a tight fitting hole I drilled, welded them, then ground them clean. Worked out well.

As usual DaytonaKid . . . very nicely done - You do very nice work ! ! ! I'm sure we'll be seeing your car on the road soon, you're making great progress ! ! !

Good to hear "going to buy new rubbers" kinda gross reusing them if you ask me haha. Nice work Daytona

Your work as usual looks great! The Dodge 1/2 rails must be a little different then the Plymouth, mine just has the holes and there kind of like a screw bolt type that gos in them, same as original on the Plymouth.

GOOD one 747!!! lol

Good to hear "going to buy new rubbers" kinda gross reusing them if you ask me haha. Nice work Daytona

747 Mopar . . . and I'm thinking EEEEEEeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! ! !

( chuckle ) . . . look at my post number ( smile )

Thanks Guys!, but it's standard stuff on this forum. Easy to do all this restoration work when you can find out how here.
Maybe you guys can help me with my next problem. I have been waiting on a good weather weekend to do my blasting. I have the super duty pro blast rig ready to rent. But I am worried that the noise from the nozzle is going to upset my neighbors. I could possibly take it to a friends place out in the sticks, but that would mean a lot of work loading it up on the trailer with the wheel stands then getting it back in the rotis to blast. I think I can put the stands on and still have the rotis braces on too. I guess I could have the friends place deal ready in case the neighbors freak. Once I get the blaster I will have to use it or lose $200 if I have to rent it again. The guy cross the street has been running a chain saw for the past month every weekend with no complaints so maybe I'll luck out. I did do some blasting before with my small one without any problems.. Any ideas?

Don't start to early in the morning for the people that don't like getting out of bed on weekends. I think the noise from the engine driving the compressor will be louder than the nozzle. Maybe you should talk to your chainsaw neighbor and both fire up your machines at the same time - maybe one will cancel out the other lol.

HA! Good idea on the chainsaw neighbor... I'm going to put the compressor in my garage, with the vent fans on and the doors 1/3 open to hold it's noise down,. They cranked it for me when I was setting up the renting deal and it is very new and fairly quiet, I thought.

Thanks Guys!, but it's standard stuff on this forum. Easy to do all this restoration work when you can find out how here.
Maybe you guys can help me with my next problem. I have been waiting on a good weather weekend to do my blasting. I have the super duty pro blast rig ready to rent. But I am worried that the noise from the nozzle is going to upset my neighbors. I could possibly take it to a friends place out in the sticks, but that would mean a lot of work loading it up on the trailer with the wheel stands then getting it back in the rotis to blast. I think I can put the stands on and still have the rotis braces on too. I guess I could have the friends place deal ready in case the neighbors freak. Once I get the blaster I will have to use it or lose $200 if I have to rent it again. The guy cross the street has been running a chain saw for the past month every weekend with no complaints so maybe I'll luck out. I did do some blasting before with my small one without any problems.. Any ideas?

I used a roll of insulation wrapped around a generator to quiet it once, It really was making some noise and it worked well, just a menace to do but, it did work for the time i needed it. I was surprised at how much it made a difference, I just encircled it with a 1/2 roll i had and everyone was happy.

How about go and knock on a few of your neighbor's doors? Let them know what your plans are and when. I would imagine most wouldn't mind for a day and might even find it a bit interesting. Heck, see if they need anything blasted, make a couple bucks towards paying for the blaster or just to show you're a good guy. Just thinking out loud...good luck.

Will has a good idea. Maybe one of your neighbors has a metal bench or lamppost that looking a little bit on the rusty side. Maybe get some rattle can rustoleum and spray it for them.

I don't think it will be a problem, sure it makes a bit of noise but you won't be doing this every day as long as you live there, What if you have your concrete driveway replaced? a few days of noise and then it's done is fine, it's the people that make big noise all the time that piss people off, and don't start before 9 am on weekends.

If it where me I would let your closest neighbors know when your planning to start, that's just being neighborly.

Everything's looking great awesome daytona, great work as always! And I think everyone's got all the bases covered on solutions for your sandblasting, prop made a good point that going around and talking to each neighbor beforehand would probably be the best thing you can do

I agree, that is a good idea and I have started talking to them. They are almost all interested in the car and have seen me working and stopped by to checked it out, but a couple of them I never see out much. But I found out the is no law against noise of that type between 8am & 10pm. So I think I'm good to go, even legally.
I also finished up the trailer winch box project and it worked out great. I welded a 1/4" plate to the trailer frame under the box to handle the stress on the winch.

CAM00002.jpg CAM00005.jpg CAM00006.jpg

Nice set up, That's a cool outfit!! It sounds like they would be ok with it, legally is always good but if there on the friendly side its a good thing, but seems its like the last bolt or nut you need to take off, there's always one..

Nice set up, That's a cool outfit!! It sounds like they would be ok with it, legally is always good but if there on the friendly side its a good thing, but seems its like the last bolt or nut you need to take off, there's always one..

Concur .. great ideas there

Auto Transport Service
Back