• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Charlie got me thinking about that stuff and I think I'm going with it also,. Especially now that you have made me think how it might be a while before I can do final paint and like you I might even get it running first. If you wait months before final paint do you have to scuff it?
And yes, hope to have some nice un-warped bare metal pics on here Monday night or sooner.

Yeah I looked into it a little after he told me about it and I think it'll be a good way to go. I probably won't be ready for paint until mid/late summer and I still want to enjoy the nice weather with the car since it's almost driveable. I don't have the patience to pass up a third summer with no drive time lol

I painted the wood deck of the trailer and added some tread plate to the trailer today. Had a delay getting the blaster, will be getting it tomorrow am.

Attachments

• CAM00044.jpg
    CAM00044.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 338
Were you looking for a pic like this of a 68 Charger ?

Daytona Kid . . . seem to recall you looking for a caricature of your car like this . . . ( maybe ) . . . Hope you like it . . .

charger68.jpg

Yea, that is a pretty good one. Thanks!
I FINALLY got most of the blasting done today,. It's doing pretty good other than a couple of blown thru rusty spots, no warping., should be able to finish up tomorrow!
And here's one more of the trailer.

Attachments

• CAM00048.jpg
    CAM00048.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 346
  • CAM00047.jpg
    CAM00047.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 335
I finished up blasting on all the big stuff with the rental unit today. The rest (front end parts, etc.) will have to be done with my smaller blaster or by some other means. That was 2 days (sat & sun), about 5 or 6 hrs each day, and 800lbs of black beauty.. I was very careful not to warp but did get a few blow thrus to patch.
MAN I'M TIRED!

Attachments

• CAM00049.jpg
    CAM00049.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 320
  • CAM00050.jpg
    CAM00050.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 319
  • CAM00052.jpg
    CAM00052.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 317
  • CAM00053.jpg
    CAM00053.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 320
  • CAM00054.jpg
    CAM00054.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 313
I feel your pain. I did about an hours worth of media blasting on my Coronet and it really tired my arm out. I also got the media everywhere, espically in my shower afterwards. LOL

I really like how your trlr turned out. And i'll bet it's a good feeling having the big stuff blasted and done.

All I can say is "I really feel for ya" haha. I've done my fair share of blasting and don't wish it on anyone but at least your Charger is nice and clean now. Looks great Daytona, Congrats.

Hell yeah, congrats Daytona! Bet all that fresh bare metal is a sight for sore eyes (and arms, legs, etc after blasting all weekend) haha

Yea, It does feel good to finally get to this point.
Funny if you look back 1.3 years- at my 1st post, New Years Eve 2012, The last thing I said was "Just about ready to bead blast." LOL! What an idiot!
I tarped up a lot of the black beauty sand that I used, but some was still on my drive after I put the car and blast equip up. The last thing I did just as the sun went down Sunday eve, was wash the small amount of sand that the tarp didn't catch down the driveway. As I washed, it was kinda weird the way the blue paint dust gathered itself together and then went on down the stream of water before the heavier black sand. Kinda felt like saying bye-bye!
Tip- Don't lean your fenders and doors on your brick house while you blast them. Duh!

Attachments

• CAM00055.jpg
    CAM00055.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 262
  • CAM00058.jpg
    CAM00058.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 265
Lol I was just saying the same thing the other day, I remember 2 years ago saying "ah I'll be on the road in a couple months" hahaha oh well, live and learn I guess. We'll all get there eventually!

Damn, looks like you'll have to blast the whole house to match now.. :icon_thumleft:

Nice job blasting, my only experience blasting other than in a cabinet was a old brick building I restored years ago and here you've done both in one shot.
Keep up the good work.

You are building a new car mite as well make the house look new while you at it. To blast i just use a portable shelter n lay a tarp on ground to catch material

Auto Transport Service
Back