• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

More junk from Mancini. Do not buy any of these bumpers, they are no good. When I tried to put on the first one the stud started spinning in the rubber as soon as the fiber in the fiber-lock nut got to the threads. It was so weak it couldn't hold because of a fiber-lock nut, LOL! The 2nd one never stopped tightening as it pulled the stud thru and out of the rubber that was mushrooming and deforming as I tightened. I knew these were going to be a problem as soon as I opened the box and saw them. The problem is that these don't have the square shoulder to stop them from spinning and a head to keep them from pulling thru. How can a company as big as them sell something so worthless.. I'm sure they'd say just send them back and we'll refund you. Yea, thnx.. I'll buy the rest of the misc parts like this that I need from Auto-Zone, so I can see them before I buy.

Attachments

• CAM00132.jpg
    CAM00132.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 360
That sucks dude, and that's why I hate mail order. I know going to the store itself doesn't improve the quality but it's easier to return the part when it's junk. Also there's no accountability with online orders, when you call them and say "This part you sold me is junk", that's a conversation between you and them. When I walk up to the counter and tell them their part is junk there are 4 or 5 people around who might overhear my conversation, it then becomes a potential bigger loss of sales. Sorry for going off on a rant in your thread but I feel for ya. You seem to be having some bad luck with small parts on your Charger.

The local Autozone and others can't get the bump stops, so looks like I'll be mail ordering new ones again, but I will have a long conversation with whoever I buy them from. I saw some from Rockauto but they also didn't have a shoulder.. Maybe I'm wrong, someone tell me if so, But I think they are suppose to have a shoulder to keep from spinning as they tighten. ?????? I realize I'm being picky about these bump stops but if I get this car running like I want they may be used a lot.., lol

Some other goodies came in lately that I REALLY hope will work properly. The $400 disc convert kit, which looks very nice- so far, and seam sealer for the floor pans, trunk, etc. (notice the bent up cans, lol ). Had trouble finding the kind CDR recommended to me, so just went with the Eastwood, hope to apply some tomorrow. I want to seam seal and paint the interior and trunk while on the rotiss, I can get into the tight spots easier.
Hope to get the car back on my rolling jack stands soon.

Attachments

• CAM00134.jpg
    CAM00134.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 344
  • CAM00133.jpg
    CAM00133.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 344
Seems like everything I've ordered from Mancini has had a "issue" of some sort.............Thanks for the heads up. I just removed the upper bounce rubber for the control arms and it had a square head to keep it from spinning.

Seems like everything I've ordered from Mancini has had a "issue" of some sort.............Thanks for the heads up. I just removed the upper bounce rubber for the control arms and it had a square head to keep it from spinning.
I can't remember if my new uppers had a square head/shoulder or not, but they went on ok. If someone knows of a place to get lower control arm bump stops with the "anti-spin" square head/shoulder let us know where, I can't find any.

I am pretty sure my PST stops had the shoulder. I know for a fact that they didn't pull out or spin on me. I am not 100% of the shoulder though. I'd recommend the pst stuff.

I am pretty sure my PST stops had the shoulder. I know for a fact that they didn't pull out or spin on me. I am not 100% of the shoulder though. I'd recommend the pst stuff.

I looked on their site a few days ago and they only show a whole control arm kit, which I don't need. I may call them and see if they sell them separately.

I bought all my stuff from Just Suspension and had no problems.

I think im getting envious looking at the things your doing! Come a long way and it seems sure to be over and you enjoying the fruits of your labor, these parts will improve and make it even better!

I finished seam-sealing and painting the trunk and interior, satin black epoxy. Also "truck bed linered" the sides of the trunk/inner quarters and undercoated the wheel wells. Then took it off the rotiss, it was starting to get to heavy for it. I felt it was time to get back on the stands. I will put the rest of the front suspension in next. And the roll bars will be unbolted and taken out soon also, to be chrome painted. The rotiss was a real blessing, I hate to imagine how much harder what I've done so far would have been without it and how much longer everything would have taken. Thanks Uncle Bob, your the best!

Attachments

• CAM00139.jpg
    CAM00139.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 301
  • CAM00138.jpg
    CAM00138.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 300
  • CAM00137.jpg
    CAM00137.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 293
Yep, I mis-read what you typed as 'chrome plated', my mistake. :)

Also illegal for NHRA is any grinding on the welds...

Wow, it looks great in black and all one color too. Nice work Daytona

How did you like the eastwood sealer? I need to buy some more for my interior floor before I put the carpet back in.

More junk from Mancini. Do not buy any of these bumpers, they are no good. When I tried to put on the first one the stud started spinning in the rubber as soon as the fiber in the fiber-lock nut got to the threads. It was so weak it couldn't hold because of a fiber-lock nut, LOL! The 2nd one never stopped tightening as it pulled the stud thru and out of the rubber that was mushrooming and deforming as I tightened. I knew these were going to be a problem as soon as I opened the box and saw them. The problem is that these don't have the square shoulder to stop them from spinning and a head to keep them from pulling thru. How can a company as big as them sell something so worthless.. I'm sure they'd say just send them back and we'll refund you. Yea, thnx.. I'll buy the rest of the misc parts like this that I need from Auto-Zone, so I can see them before I buy.

That drives me crazy when stuff like that happens, I just put new ones in from PST and they were OK. They farm some of this stuff out to the cheapest supplier and that's what we get back... crap! Pisses me off! [rant over]

Your cars looking great DK, those disc brakes look awesome... now some fun stuff starts happening for you!

Keep up the great work.

View attachment 204953

How did you like the eastwood sealer? I need to buy some more for my interior floor before I put the carpet back in.
I should have already mention the fact that the Eastwood sealer was fantastic. I had an idea how much I needed, bought a little extra so I wouldn't run out, ended up with way to much..LOL. You can see in the previous pic, I bought 2 qts and 2 tubes.,, I only used 1 qt and put way more on than the factory. I used an acid brush and was not being shy with the sealer, had a lot of scars to hide. I sealed up a lot of areas the factory didn't but should have. A couple of examples of many- the rear corners of the trunk floor, big gaps there, filled with paint previously and now a bunch of sealer. I even put it on the inside of the roof in between the roof bow/frames and the skin, to keep it from flopping or oil canning. I can honestly say that there is not a molecule of unpainted and/or unsealed metal on my car, so far.
I think the car could be made into one of those boat/cars if it weren't so heavy, it sure wouldn't leak or rust.

Attachments

• chapsinholland.JPG
    chapsinholland.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 239
Auto Transport Service
Back