• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Wow, it looks great in black and all one color too. Nice work Daytona
Actually I put gloss black epoxy in door jams, etc., ., most all places that will show after carpet and trim. Although some of those spots got overspray and look like the satin I put on floors, under dash, inside roof, etc... I'll being doing the engine compartment with gloss epoxy also, The primer that I put on previously is a very dark gray. I think I'll probably get the car running before I paint the exterior just for ease of moving it around. I guess I'm locked in to a black car now. No turning back at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL sounds like you did a good job. Wanna sell some of the extra or keep it?

A local bud needed some so I donated it to his car.. sry

Looking good DK! Cool to see the body all sealed up and off the spit, sucks about those bump stops from Mancini but I'm looking forward to seeing the suspension back in and the daytonamobile back rolling, keep up the great work!

Got some of the left front suspension together. And here is some brake parts out of the molasses after about 4 weeks. You can see the difference with the adjusters, one adjuster didn't get put in till a couple days ago.

Attachments

• CAM00142.jpg
    CAM00142.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 343
  • CAM00140.jpg
    CAM00140.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 346
Impressive! those parts look really good i think this is the first i seen with this process.. Thanks for posting it!

I've got a bud with a hotrod/restoration shop and have been giving him a hand with some of his jobs. He came and looked at my car, was impressed and asked me to give him a hand. And he pays me pretty good. Here is a "Sanford & Son" truck were working on.

CAM00143.jpg CAM00144.jpg

Man, I would love to have an old truck if i could afford it! Thats the second cool looking truck that made me squirm in the last couple months, the other was a 46 Chevy with just the right patina on it on TV, I love the old trucks and in the original shape and patina looking... :) Thanks for sharing it, cool.... I seen where Ryan Newman has a Sanford and son truck in his collection, pretty cool....

I'd actually paint it to look like sanford and son's truck.....I'd rock that thing around any day

I bought this today from a local used parts/speed shop, $550. My old stock one was a 2.76 ratio and 1 wheel drive. This is a sure-grip 4.56 ratio, #489 case. Not the greatest deal but it looks very clean, like it was built right and not much if any use since. The guy said it worked great and made no noise. I may get a deal on a Dana later but this will have to do for now, I'll just keep my foot out of it if I have to much hp for it.

Attachments

• CAM00147.jpg
    CAM00147.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 298
I see new tires in the future.... more then once :) Cool deal bud, looks clean and ready!

I like the fact it was clean, I may just shoot some clear on it and run it like that.

I cant comment, It sounds like it would be a good thing but seems i heard somewhere and im probably wrong that it wont stay, As nice as it looks it would be nice and i know there is paint that would match the metal, ill just stay out of what i would do lol, I do not want to jinx ya!

Nice! I never did see is this going to be a dedicated strip car or street strip? You may need a OD for street use. I had a set of 4.30's for awhile great in town, not so much for getting to town.

I don't remember your horsepower plan but you will have to work pretty hard to overpower that 489 case. $550 isn't terrible...I haven't seen any lately for any less than $450 and most of those are 742 cases with older suregrips un-touched. I'd say you did well unless you really didn't want that ratio.

Nice! I never did see is this going to be a dedicated strip car or street strip? You may need a OD for street use. I had a set of 4.30's for awhile great in town, not so much for getting to town.
I live on the edge of the city, will be going to the strip a few "test-n-tune" nights every now and then, some of the cruise night gatherings, show-n-shines with my car club, etc. .. Very little street driving and 0 highway..

I painted the chunk with some graphite color paint, and I also painted the engine bay with black epoxy. I have invented a new type of paint finish, I call it Glossatin! You get it with gloss and over-spray!
I'm about to start on a partial firewall cover panel that will block off all the holes that will not be used on the passenger side of the firewall. There is a raised section on that side that would be perfect for it as a border. I'll use some sheet aluminum, shine it up a little, put some seam sealer behind it and screw it on with a few nice s/s panhead screws. I think that will help the engine bay neatness.

Attachments

• CAM00149.jpg
    CAM00149.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 265
  • CAM00151.jpg
    CAM00151.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 271
  • CAM00152.jpg
    CAM00152.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 262
  • CAM00153.jpg
    CAM00153.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 272
  • CAM00154.jpg
    CAM00154.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 267
Everything is looking great Daytona and if it makes you feel any better those 489 posi's were selling for $600.00 all day at the Nats (I don't think a single one went unsold).

I knew this would be hard but I'm starting to believe it is impossible. I'm trying to put the new sway bar bushings in their brackets and it is not working. They are starting to break before they even start to go in. I think the factory put them in with the brackets apart then welded them together. Anybody know the trick?

Attachments

• CAM00155.jpg
    CAM00155.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 248
Auto Transport Service
Back