• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I may have mentioned before but I'm getting a Dana sometime in the possible near future. I have a friend who's father has been a hot-rodder for many years and has several nice vehicles. One is a chevy blazer mud-drag truck with a well built Dana. Sadly the father is in very bad health, my friend is going to inherit his dad's collection and has offered the Dana to me. I'll probably have to re-gear it, etc., but it should be in great shape, he built his toys right and never played with them much. I may be getting it for free, or very cheap anyway! I have a feeling my 8.75 will last till then. I may get the Dana before my car ever rolls, but I'm not going to put any more money in rear-ends with free Dana coming. I'm not waiting on the Dana either, the 8.75 will do have to do for now. If by chance I get the car running before I get the Dana, I will be easy on it so I can sell it unbroken and get something for it.

i sure would want one and don't think i would sink any money in my present one if i knew that one was coming!!! Cool man i would be excited as could be even if i knew i would have to change the gear, cool, is a Dana for sure...

I have been reading your thread for the last couple days. Great info. You are doing a great job and I will be watching your progress closely. You are ahead of me with your progress on your car so I will be watching and learning from your experience.
Thank you

I have been reading your thread for the last couple days. Great info. You are doing a great job and I will be watching your progress closely. You are ahead of me with your progress on your car so I will be watching and learning from your experience.
Thank you
Your very welcome. Funny!,I was saying the same thing to Huntelk2 about a year or 2 ago. This forum is sometimes kind of an "each one teach one" system. It is great that the knowledge of how to do this stuff is being permanently, pictorially, step by step documented by everyone who contributes to it. Pass it on Bro!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been thinking about wheels again and leaning toward these a little more than the Cragers. 15 x 10 back and 15 x 7 front. Can't beat the price.>http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-521-5166ps/overview/

Attachments

• Picture004-1.jpg
    Picture004-1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 319
Nice!! I had a set of Welds allot like those on my last car and really liked them, should look good on the Charger.

Im thinking they will look sweet on the Charger!! I have always loved the Keystone classics but ive seen so many cool looking wheels here its as bad as picking a paint color we can live with, right now its the Keystones and Torque thrusts when the time comes for the 69, And thats a HARD decision alone for me! :) Have to live with them for some years and reminds me of picking the color we want for the years ahead.. Hard...

I bought one of those cap/plug kits for the whole body. It seems I have way more than I need, that's ok tho.. Some are rubber and some are plastic. My old brain can't remember which ones were where., which brings me to the question I hope someone can answer about them- where do the plastic ones go?, and where do the rubber ones go?

Attachments

• CAM00166.jpg
    CAM00166.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 321
I bought one of those kits too, it seemed to me that there was places where you could use either the rubber or plastic ones (I think it's one of those deals where it covers many makes and years). I ended up not using very many of the rubber ones simply because the plastic ones fit tighter and didn't seam as likely to push out. I do know the funny looking ones with the drains go in the quarter extensions.

I like the wheels. I'm looking for a old school set of slots for mine. I currently have magnum 500's from stockton 15x10 & 15x4.5 They look great but are very heavy. They'll be ok for the street.

There is one set of wheels i have not seen and even tried to find thru the internet with no luck at all, I had a 63 Impala SS and i know it wasn't Mopar but it had what i have to call just chrome reverses, They looked just like a normal rim only chrome, the back ones were the same but set deep dish! I always loved the look of them and never seen a set other then the ones i had on my car.. If i ever find those i would do my best to get them for the 73, I think they look so good only because there regular old regular rims but in chrome, I hope someone here can say they have had or at least seen them before lol, i mentioned them to a couple guys who wouldn't remember a 63 SS let alone these rims and they just looked at me like i was on another plain :)

Yep, Chrome reverse wheels were the big thing back in the day. I had some on my 1st 70 RR, until I got some Cragers.

X2 on that!

I see chrome reverse wheels for sale all the time but, usually only 14" sizes and often a GM bolt pattern. And they aren't cheap any more.

Got the rear drum brakes all together. And here's a couple of old cars at the hot-rod/restoration shop waiting for their turn to be reborn.

Attachments

• CAM00170.jpg
    CAM00170.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 244
  • CAM00167.jpg
    CAM00167.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 254
  • CAM00168.jpg
    CAM00168.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 249
I do like the cars but that truck could be a heck of a fun project, looks like its missing a couple bigger body parts though!! Thank ya!

Looking good daytona n you are rite with all the good info n pics on here including yours for ref n ideas.

Question guys- What components for a 440 will work on a 383? The reason I ask is, I am considering trying to use the original stock 383 to get the car going and waiting on getting a bigger and better 440 stroker later. If heads, intake, headers, oil pan, oil pump, starter, etc. will interchange this may be an option I go with in order to get going a little sooner. Since it is the original, #s matching motor I thought it would also be beneficial to have at least the short block in running shape if I ever sell the car. Any components that will swap to a 440 will save me money in the future.

Auto Transport Service
Back