• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I may have figured it out, I didn't put these bolts in because it looked like they didn't do anything.. lol
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...81-What-do-these-2-square-headed-bolts-secure

Yep, that was it! That was the hardest problem to figure out that I've had as far as finding the answer on the internet, not much out there on it.. My own fault for not paying attention when dissembling, and not reading the service manual twice. Steering column ready for install.. Need to order that adapter coupler now.

Last edited:
I want to thro a compliment out to the Firm-Feel guys. When I went thru my manual steering box I found some slight pits in the end race on the worm shaft that were making it feel a little ruff. I was looking at new ones, couldn't really find any stock ones but saw where the quick ratio ones are about $250. So, I was going to live with the bad one till I could find another whole box. When I called Firm-Feel to order the coupling adapter I needed, I asked if they had any stock worm shafts, duh! Sure they have them, laying in piles!, from where they take them out to put in the quick ratio ones. They let me have what looked like a brand new one for $50. Bravo Firm-Feel! http://www.firmfeel.com/b_body_mopar_manual_steering_box_rebuild.html

Last edited:
Got the steering column in and feeling good, smooth and no slop. Also took the door bar off, put the seat in and figured out a good spot for the e-brake. I think it will work out good there and be pretty easy to hook up a rod or cable back to the rear cables. It fits perfectly between the 2 seat plates there and will bolt to each of them for strength.

Attachments

• CAM00232.jpg
    CAM00232.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 368
  • CAM00231.jpg
    CAM00231.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 353
I'm thinking if I do the T56 swap and have to get into my console I might have to copy that E Brake, good thinking Daytona "me likey"!

Wow bud, your making us look bad, kind-ah and giving us some ideas that i don't want to explain to her...

Glad to see you have a 4 legged supervisor!
Yea, Interesting thing, Sissy was the thread pic star and always stayed by me, then when she went to doggy heaven a year ago (sob, miss her soooo much) Skip took over duty as my body guard.

Finished the E brake, works great! I added about 2.5ft of solid 1/4in rod to make it reach the back cables. That handle off the Cherokee was a good find for me since it is a mopar part, even has a mopar emblem stamped on it, sry didn't get a pic of that. Will put some seam sealer around it before the carpet goes in.

Attachments

• CAM00234.jpg
    CAM00234.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 345
  • CAM00236.jpg
    CAM00236.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 356
  • CAM00239.jpg
    CAM00239.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 375
Great idea Daytona Kid on the Jeep E-brake . . . my daughter seized up the engine in her Toyota Camry, and I was going to take the E-brake out of it for my car . . . but now I may take a trip to the local pull a part yard and see if I can find a Jeep E-brake handle too . . .

Looking good Daytona Kid . . . keep up the great work and thanks for posting your progress . . .

Great idea Daytona Kid on the Jeep E-brake . . . my daughter seized up the engine in her Toyota Camry, and I was going to take the E-brake out of it for my car . . . but now I may take a trip to the local pull a part yard and see if I can find a Jeep E-brake handle too . . .

Looking good Daytona Kid . . . keep up the great work and thanks for posting your progress . . .

Thanks Conv.. My roll/door bar was in the way for me to be able to use my stock pedal e-brake so I had to do the hand brake, if not for that I would have kept the stock one. Not sure what your reason is but think about it.

The one reason I can think of is with sub frame connectors that weld to the floor. There doesn't seem to be a good way to make the stock e brake work, unless I haven't researched it enough.

The one reason I can think of is with sub frame connectors that weld to the floor. There doesn't seem to be a good way to make the stock e brake work, unless I haven't researched it enough.

If my bad memory serves, seems like my sub frames came with instructions that talked about drilling holes for the e cable prior to installing. Of coarse I ignored that.

If my bad memory serves, seems like my sub frames came with instructions that talked about drilling holes for the e cable prior to installing. Of coarse I ignored that.

From the looks of it, yours is a cleaner install than drilling. Seriously dude you did a great job on the e brake.

Started getting the doors ready for primer. There are a couple of small rust spots on them that need patching. I tried out a new method (for small patches) of tracing a patch out with paper, transferred it to metal, welded it in and ground it down. A little filler now and it'll be good to go.

Attachments

• CAM00240.jpg
    CAM00240.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 300
  • CAM00241.jpg
    CAM00241.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 292
  • CAM00242.jpg
    CAM00242.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 295
  • CAM00243.jpg
    CAM00243.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 289
  • CAM00244.jpg
    CAM00244.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 291
I could use some help guys. I'm trying to get the brake bracket/s, etc. back together under the dash by the steering column. I borrowed this pic from cdr but it isn't close enough. If anyone has some closer pics of that up left under dash area or could take some for me or knows where some are, I sure would be obliged.

Attachments

• under dash 1.jpg
    under dash 1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 313
wow I just went through this thread and its really great u do some nice work my friend

Auto Transport Service
Back