• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Love doin some update mods to mopars. Jeeps tend to work well as I just put in power seats 2002, power door locks, and like the e-brake thing... nice.. 73 charger power seats goin in.... 001.jpg think i'll try that brake thing.....

This spot on one of the doors turned out pretty good. There were a few smaller spots that I fixed so now the doors are ready for primer. After the rear window repairs these are not that hard. I'm going to order more of the Eastwood inner frame rust killer and soak the inside bottoms of these doors. I'll start on the front fenders now, not much rust on them but a few small dents. I'm going to prime the doors, fenders, trunk lid and maybe the hood, all at one time after I get everything ready.

Attachments

• CAM00245.jpg
    CAM00245.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 441
  • CAM00251.jpg
    CAM00251.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 447
Test fit one of the doors to try out the new hinges, and check the gaps and body lines. Everything looks ok. Not wasting time trying on the other door till after primer.. Now to work on the front fenders.

Attachments

• CAM00256.jpg
    CAM00256.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 416
Got a little work done on one of the fenders, played a little connect the dots. There are a few more spots on the fenders but this was probably the largest spot I'll have to patch. And the 4th pic is some stuff out of the molasses, really amazing how good most all of the parts look after a couple of weeks in there, some look like new.

Attachments

• CAM00258.jpg
    CAM00258.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 405
  • CAM00259.jpg
    CAM00259.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 411
  • CAM00260.jpg
    CAM00260.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 410
  • CAM00257.jpg
    CAM00257.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 398
They really do look like new, I did think the process would work reading about it but it looks great! I have done things differently what little things ive done but that looks pretty sweet, no pun really intended but kind of sounds cool.... :)

I could use some help guys. I'm trying to get the brake bracket/s, etc. back together under the dash by the steering column. I borrowed this pic from cdr but it isn't close enough. If anyone has some closer pics of that up left under dash area or could take some for me or knows where some are, I sure would be obliged.
I still could use some more under dash pics if anyone has any.

Awesome work man, all the metalwork is looking great! And damn that molasses really did the trick on that stuff, all of it looks brand new

what pics do you need?
Those were good but can't see everything I need to. Need some taken from the floor looking up around the column plz. Not sure but yours may be to covered up with the duct work, etc., since yours is all together I assume. But big THNX anyway Charlie..

Got the 1st fender ready for primer, one more to go., thought I'd see how it looked in place. Kinda gave me a little motivation boost., shoulda left the door on.

Attachments

• CAM00266.jpg
    CAM00266.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 343
The 2nd fender is going to be a little more work than the 1st. Here is 1st patch on it.

Attachments

• CAM00271.jpg
    CAM00271.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 332
  • CAM00273.jpg
    CAM00273.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 326
  • CAM00276.jpg
    CAM00276.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 320
WOW!!!!! that is amazing. It's nice to see a rotted out MOPAR be restored like that. Nice to have a big shop and all the tools and parts you need. I wish.
Yep, That was an amazing job on that car., It was what gave me the idea/inspiration to do the partial rear rails. Beautiful car!

Wow, it will be cool to see another 68 Charger on the streets of Memphis. Sorry for the delay on replying but I have not logged into this forum for a long time. Good luck with your project and maybe I will see out some time. Give me a shout if yu want to talk setups. I have a lot of track time with these cars. See ya around.

I was wondering if you ever got on here anymore. Not sure if mine will be on the Memphis streets much, I don't actually live there but near. I have seen most of your vids and that is one bad 68 you have there. I would greatly appreciate some tips when I get mine nearer to going. Looking for a motor now. You wouldn't happen to have an old one you don't need laying around would you?

Auto Transport Service
Back