• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Of the items you mentioned, the intake won't interchange because the low block 383 has the heads closer together. The other items will interchange. Distributor won't either, but you can get a 440 dist. to fit a 383 with a spacer ring, not the other way around.

Being you guys are talking about this and im no engine builder period, the heads i have on my 383 are 906 not sure of the exact number without checking but pretty much sure that's the one, will they fit on a 440 block (1975) with no issues or be the right thing to do if the 440 is rebuilt, the 383 is out of a 69, im curious if this would be the way to go or just use the 383 which is good but at some point i do want to rebuild the 440, have it done anyway...

Thank you, It's a start and im sure where ever i need to ill be asking more, The 383 will be a good engine to start with having a couple in the past but the 440 is going to be a project by itself that i hope is going to turn out better then i expect :)

I'm kinda in the same boat, I am going to dig into my old 383 soon to see if it is worth trying to refresh.

Another question guys,, What is the width of a stock factory wheel for a 68 Charger?

Got the firewall blank-off panel made. I'll polish it more and cut out a hole for throttle.
And a little one for the wiper-motor.

Attachments

• CAM00178.jpg
    CAM00178.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 492
  • CAM00176.jpg
    CAM00176.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 507
  • CAM00181.jpg
    CAM00181.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
I had to take a gutted Cherokee to the scrap yard the other day while helping at the hot-rod shop. I was very careful putting it on my nice trailer. We had taken the running gear out to put in a 49 chevy truck. I got the emergency brake handle out of it to go in my car since my door roll-bar is doing away with the original. Hoping I can figure out a good way to make it work good.

Attachments

• CAM00182.jpg
    CAM00182.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 462
  • CAM00183.jpg
    CAM00183.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 458
I'm kinda in the same boat, I am going to dig into my old 383 soon to see if it is worth trying to refresh.

Yep! Great engines and myself will always believe it!!! Ive had a few, some faster then others but good engines never the less...

maybe 14x6 or 15 x 7 I know my 69 RR came factory with 14x 6

Which to me for today's ways are to small! MHO but do think the 15-7 would be much better! :) I think the car looks much better but my 73 was the same with the original 14, just cant deal with them myself... my 69 is the same with the 14's, have to do some adjusting there to im thinking...

A bud swapped me a manual steering box for my power. It felt a little ruff so I took it apart, cleaned and inspected it. It had the same pitman arm as my power and mounted great. Now to redo the steering column. I also got it back on it's feet, sort of. I had one leaky tire so couldn't set the back down yet. Had to turn the front wheels backwards do to interference with the new A frames. Looks like it's about ready for dirt oval... lol

Attachments

• CAM00193.jpg
    CAM00193.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 414
  • CAM00199.jpg
    CAM00199.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 404
Which to me for today's ways are to small! MHO but do think the 15-7 would be much better! :) I think the car looks much better but my 73 was the same with the original 14, just cant deal with them myself... my 69 is the same with the 14's, have to do some adjusting there to im thinking...
Partly because I'm going racing and not much street, I kinda like the size and look of this guys front tires and wheels (15 X 6), but Summit does't make a 6" wide wheel in that Fast Five wheel (pro-star copy) that I want. They may be to skinny, gotta do a little more research.

Last edited:
I need some help guys! I can't get this darn steering column back together right. I think it was missing some parts or I have lost them,. I don't know which but I'm scratching my head on this deal. The service manual and every diagram I've found is vague, confusing, and not much help. What I've done is put it together minus the turn signal and horn stuff, for now, which I don't think matters as far as this problem.. I'll either put those in later or on a switch on the possible race-mod dash, who knows! But the problem is I can push it down and all together and it feels fine but if I pull it all comes apart as seen in this pic. What am I missing here? Any ideas, pics, links, threads, knowledge, etc. will be immensely thanked.. I don't want to be going down the strip and the steering wheel come off. duh!

Attachments

• CAM00213.jpg
    CAM00213.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 365
Auto Transport Service
Back