• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Go with a good premium filler. Cheap off the shelf fillers are a lot more of a headache and cause you twice as much work. I'd recommend Evercoat's Rage Xtreme & their glazes. Happy sanding amigo!

I do agree with propwash, That is what i intend to use myself, seems to be the best at this time with results, sanding is some easier then what were accustomed to anyway..

Jeez Louise! 62 pages and you aren't finished yet? This thread is longer than the field service manual, lol
Thnx for the encouraging comments!
1st negative joke/comment in 1227 posts, that kinda says something about the poster doesn't it..
I should have been done sooner, and it's not a good excuse, but it's slow going when most of my work is done from my wheelchair.

Attachments

• 20150228_195729_resized (1).jpg
    20150228_195729_resized (1).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 424
Tells me nothing is going to stop someone and even equipped with a tool belt! You will get this done, ready and roaring,,, Mopar guys don't stop no matter what the circumstances are... 10- DASH- 4

Ive been tempted and have felt beat down on occasion, The one that was supposed to help me is gone but i plug along and im determined to meet my obligation, And were going to do it... Time can stand still or fast forward, im still processing :)

Perfection takes time!!!!! Keep up the good work Kid!

Perfection takes time!!!!! Keep up the good work Kid!
Yep, I'm not racing till it's finished.. I see a few guys that just sling these cars back together with a lot of bondo and paint as fast as they can, like that is impressive. Not to me! I'm taking my time, as much time as it takes to make it "perfect for me".

Very cool build..Ive read your thread and been following it (and enjoying it) I seen that post yesterday from magnes...I just figured he was just ribbin' you...my friends say stuff like that to me all the time, however follow it up with they wish they had my patience (because theyve never tackled this kind of thing) I dont take no offense ...so just keep on keepin on! (Mike)

Yeah he took it wrong, my apologies. It seemed pretty self explanatory as a joke but it's a shame that my dry sense of humor doesn't translate well through text sometimes... Sorry for that.

No big deal, I accept your apology.
But just to be clear, I took it as a "negative joke", as I stated in my reply., or maybe I should say an "uncomplimentary joke", to be more precise. It just seems kinda odd, maybe just to me, for someone's 1st post on anyone's thread to be something like that. Like I said "1st in 1227 posts"..
And you know, you could just delete it.
The car is taking me a long time and I just hope I live long enough to finish it and romp it down the strip at least 1 time.

Finally got some filler, not the kind I was going to get but I got a heck of a deal on some from Clausen. I did a test spot to see how it does. I did away with the mirror mount holes and smoothed the door out there. Filler did good. I have 4 gallons of it and planning on a skim coat over almost the whole car. I've got to gear up on sanding tools, hoping my uncle will loan me his.

Attachments

• 20150414_181507_resized.jpg
    20150414_181507_resized.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 327
Thnx for the encouraging comments!
1st negative joke/comment in 1227 posts, that kinda says something about the poster doesn't it..
I should have been done sooner, and it's not a good excuse, but it's slow going when most of my work is done from my wheelchair.

Your working out of a wheelchair? Wow Daytona if this was ever mentioned before I completely missed it, way to go! Good to see you getting it done regardless of your situation, can't hold a good guy down right!

Your working out of a wheelchair? Wow Daytona if this was ever mentioned before I completely missed it, way to go! Good to see you getting it done regardless of your situation, can't hold a good guy down right!

Not in the chair all the time but more as I age. All my motorcycle racing crashes took their toll (you may can relate), more so later in life, just like mom said they would. When I was growing up I saw Evel Knievel start his fame and I wanted to be just like him. And I ended up about like he did, barely walking and hurting all over all the time. I was also a hi-speed barefoot water skier and crashed hard a lot, went 78mph once behind my drag-boat. I also ocean surfed every coast in the US and Hawaii, and crashed a lot doing that to. Now at 60 years old, my back is crooked as a snake, hip comes out of joint sometimes, rotator cuffs are shot, neck sounds like it's full of gravel when I turn my head, etc, etc.. But I can still drive a drag car and this will probably be my last dance in speed-sports. My charger build is no problem for my body ailments, money is my main hold up now actually. I'm diverting most of my income to retirement and that is taking away from the car. The cold winter stalled my car work for a while there but going to start slapping that filler on soon.

Not in the chair all the time but more as I age. All my motorcycle racing crashes took their toll (you may can relate), more so later in life, just like mom said they would. When I was growing up I saw Evel Knievel start his fame and I wanted to be just like him. And I ended up about like he did, barely walking and hurting all over all the time. I was also a hi-speed barefoot water skier and crashed hard a lot, went 78mph once behind my drag-boat. I also ocean surfed every coast in the US and Hawaii, and crashed a lot doing that to. Now at 60 years old, my back is crooked as a snake, hip comes out of joint sometimes, rotator cuffs are shot, neck sounds like it's full of gravel when I turn my head, etc, etc.. But I can still drive a drag car and this will probably be my last dance in speed-sports. My charger build is no problem for my body ailments, money is my main hold up now actually. I'm diverting most of my income to retirement and that is taking away from the car. The cold winter stalled my car work for a while there but going to start slapping that filler on soon.

I hope it never gets that bad for me but my back is having one of it's fits right now but working is what seams to bring me comfort, that and laying on the floor. My injury isn't as much from crashes although I had my share but more from a repetitious pounding, I liked to push it and jumping was my favorite which results in plenty of cased jumps which is what finally did me in. I often look back on the advice the elderly gave me and think "why didn't I listen", I'll be dealing with this for the rest of my life. Glad to see your not willing to lay down but instead just dig in and keep enjoying what you love.

- - - Updated - - -

I think like you the Charger is just a safe way to extend my love for speed and power (without the pain)!

Auto Transport Service
Back