• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7 million pounds of bad meat

I've noticed lately that there have been a butt load of food recalls.
A lot of them I've seen have been recalls for improper labeling. Like something contains nuts or gluten or something along those lines and it's not on the label. Of course this one is biggie as it is an actually adulterated with microbes.

A lot of them I've seen have been recalls for improper labeling. Like something contains nuts or gluten or something along those lines and it's not on the label. Of course this one is biggie as it is an actually adulterated with microbes.
& What a waste of animal flesh...
I guess we should be happy/thankful they caught it & didn't kill
or make a bunch of humans sicks, it such a total waste of lives/meat

their lives served no purpose...

at least normally they fed something or someone
other than worms or maggots in a landfill

& What a waste of animal flesh...
I guess we should be happy/thankful they caught it & didn't kill
or make a bunch of humans sicks, it such a total waste of lives/meat

their lives served no purpose...

at least normally they fed something or someone
other than worms or maggots in a landfill
In a roundabout way their lives weren't in vain I guess.

uyFiiS.gif

A lot of them I've seen have been recalls for improper labeling.

this one is biggie as it is an actually adulterated with microbes.
...and I don't think adding "may contain listeria microbes" would make selling it ok...
:poke: :lol:
It is a huge waste, and I would have to think a major hit to the bottom line? Maybe they have insurance to cover some or all of the cost of recall?
I would think if they could cook it all, bring it to 165° or a bit more to make sure it all reached the temp that listeria dies at, making it safe for consumption, they could turn it into another sellable product? I'm suggesting strictly from a scientific perspective, not regulatory.
@MarPar

...and I don't think adding "may contain listeria microbes" would make selling it ok...

I would think if they could cook it all, bring it to 165° or a bit more to make sure it all reached the temp that listeria dies at, making it safe for consumption, they could turn it into another sellable product? I'm suggesting strictly from a scientific perspective, not regulatory.
@MarPar
I used to be able to sell flour with foreign material for chicken feed material, for about 20 percent of market price.

It is a huge waste, and I would have to think a major hit to the bottom line? Maybe they have insurance to cover some or all of the cost of recall?
@MarPar
It is a huge waste.

Deli items are an animal all their own though. Lots of bacteria floating around just by nature. Most of it is harmless, but when the evil ones creep up, it gets ugly.

Once it's condemned by the Feebs, State or whomever is the authority, pretty much all of it goes in the dumpster. Or the sewer if it was consumed already. lol

Boars' Head most certainly has insurance to cover the monetary aspect. But there is no insurance to cover public perception though.

Once this blows over, Ill go back. I think they will put the proper protocols in place to limit the exposure.

I used to be able to sell flour with foreign material for chicken feed material, for about 20 percent of market price.
I used to work in a can plant and one of the cans we made was for pet food. If the cans got a little dirty (a little smudge of die lube for example) we couldn’t sell them for pet food.
But we could sell them to a company that put air freshener in them, and I think we actually got more money since it was a low volume deal.

I say make meat bombs for the next Holy war with Islamic terrorists.

But really, why don't they feed it to hogs?

The carbon footprint on this 7 million pounds of meat isn't trivial. That could be 15,000 or so cows, and about 3 million pounds of methane.

The carbon footprint on this 7 million pounds of meat isn't trivial. That could be 15,000 or so cows, and about 3 million pounds of methane.

that sounds more like 3 million pounds of bullshit :fool:

Now Boar's Head prices will go up on their overpriced Cold cuts .

Auto Transport Service
Back