• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger value?

Bleep Bleep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. New member from a referral of fellow MOPAR brother. What would a reasonable price range be for a 70 Charger, stroker, 4 speed Hurst, 8 3/4 rear, 3.23 gears with fresh professional level paint. Overall interior condition appears excellent but no rotisserie or frame off resto.

Feedback based on the massive experience here is very much appreciated! Thank you.

Uh, oh...

A WIW thread.

All those mods throw off a LOT of value estimates.

1970 DODGE CHARGER 318-235hp (8cyl-2V) AT
#4#3#2#1
500 2dr Htp18250319004560066600
2dr Htp17200301004300062800

Add:
383-290hp (8cyl-2V)15%
383-335hp (8cyl-4V)25%
4spd manual trans5%
Air conditioning10%
Power windows3%
SE pkg15%

Sounds like a 40k to 60k car depending on the quality of the workmanship done on the car. Could be less if it's hacked together, could be a bit more if the car is nicely done and needs nothing. The second generation Charger market has never been hotter.

Whatever you're willing to pay is what's reasonable.

Thank you both! Understood. At this point I know my details are less than robust. The seller’s actual post provides some additional info. It’s a 499ci stroker but I’ve asked for more vin info.

“I have a beautiful 1970 Charger fresh black paint with a satin black transverse stripe. Too many new parts and performance upgrades to list. Just finished in April 2024. This car has new floor pan, new trunk pan, new frame rails, new quarter panels, new rockers and patch panels on the front frenders. I also put USCT frame rail connectors on it and a rear sway bar. Not a real R/T. The car has a stage 3 steering sector by Firm Feel which makes the steering tighter than original. I would sell this Car for $60,000”

IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

Thank you both! Understood. At this point I know my details are less than robust. The seller’s actual post provides some additional info. It’s a 499ci stroker but I’ve asked for more vin info.

“I have a beautiful 1970 Charger fresh black paint with a satin black transverse stripe. Too many new parts and performance upgrades to list. Just finished in April 2024. This car has new floor pan, new trunk pan, new frame rails, new quarter panels, new rockers and patch panels on the front frenders. I also put USCT frame rail connectors on it and a rear sway bar. Not a real R/T. The car has a stage 3 steering sector by Firm Feel which makes the steering tighter than original. I would sell this Car for $60,000”

View attachment 1712673

View attachment 1712674

View attachment 1712675
For starters, ask him for before, during, and after pictures.

He's asking a premium price. He should have lots of receipts, pictures, and other information to back up his answers to whatever you ask.

He painted a green car black, but left the interior green? He is asking too much for it imo.

Hi all. New member from a referral of fellow MOPAR brother. What would a reasonable price range be for a 70 Charger, stroker, 4 speed Hurst, 8 3/4 rear, 3.23 gears with fresh professional level paint. Overall interior condition appears excellent but no rotisserie or frame off resto.

Feedback based on the massive experience here is very much appreciated! Thank you.
You could get a nice big block '71-'72 Charger for less money. Ditto '71-'72 big block Road Runner.

He painted a green car black, but left the interior green? He is asking too much for it imo.

Left the column shifter parts on the steering column too. And bench seat.

Lots of sheet metal replacement, lots of work.

But just finished in resale black...and already for sale... smells of being built to sell. Corners almost always cut

Last edited:
It sure seems like these What’s it worth topics are getting popular.

Last edited:
This car has new floor pan, new trunk pan, new frame rails, new quarter panels, new rockers and patch panels on the front frenders.

In other words it was a rot box.

But just finished in resale black...and already for sale... smells of being built to sell. Corners almost always cut
Were both front and rear bumpers blacked out?

hmmm... New AMD is $1K for both in new chrome. savings for pure profit.

All good points. I'd avoid that thing like the plague.

...but, but...it has the pedal dress-up trim
:lol:

Thanks everybody for the feedback! Clearly shows how newb-ish I am at this stage. But that’s why I was referred to join the group.

This is very helpful! (especially because it is not what I expected …)

I’ve always been partial to 70 Chargers, but geez, is it too much to swap the steering column out, and If you’re gonna slap R/T stuff like emblems and floor matts at it, then put the side scoops on too

Thanks everybody for the feedback! Clearly shows how newb-ish I am at this stage. But that’s why I was referred to join the group.

This is very helpful! (especially because it is not what I expected …)
This car is more like a $35k to $40K car,not a $60k car.

Auto Transport Service
Back