• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger Superbee Tribute/Restomod Build

Here are 2 of the 3 Mopar puzzles that I have found out there, my wife likes doing them and I then glued them together and put them into my shop. I am pretty disappointed with the Charger/Challenger evolution one since they completely skipped the G3 Chargers.

IMG_9978.jpg
IMG_9979.jpg

I've been working on the taillights recently. I've elected to go with LED 1157 and 1156 bulbs. I was going to by the $30 Holley ones but decided to go with a cheaper Amazon product. I have to say that I am very impressed with the light output. Not as sexy as the individual LED panels I was going to go with but I like the result so far.

IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg

I purchased some rear bumper guards off of eBay from a guy in Canada and installed them onto the bumper, then I got the bumper mounted to the car. I definitely prefer the rear guards

IMG_0055.jpg

I spent a few days making mounts for the buddy seat. They required a fair bit of work, especially the rear one bc you are working kind of blind. I then dismantled the seat and blasted/painted the frame and am now getting ready to reassemble. This seat must not be out of a B body as the covers I have are significantly wider. I will make it all work however.

IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg

My how time flies... LOL On the one hand I haven't gotten a lot done to the car but on the other hand I have been working on some tedious issues and it is summer so I have other things I have to do.

I built a battery box as I am installing the battery in the trunk (nothing new there). However, I wanted to integrate a number of electrical components with the box and then get the box to mount level in the trunk (not as easy as you would think).

I am using a XS battery because Optima has pissed me off a few times and I wanted to try something new.

IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg
IMG_0127 (1).jpg
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

Some be wondering what is all going on here. Both sides have power distribution blocks, red on the left and black on the right.

The left side also has my fuel pump relay and a continuous duty relay that will feed the positive power side.

The right side has my battery disconnect relay which is going to switch off the ground.

I also have a 250A resettable circuit breaker mounted in the front.

I also installed a bulkhead connector for the main power cable which will run down the side of the car on the inside, connect to this BH connector which comes out under the drivers side fender. This then connects to the starter.

The yellow paint circle that can been seen on the inside of the car is where the charge cable will connect via a BH connector I am making.

IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

I think made a starter cable that goes through the inner fender around the header and to the starter

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Nice, very clean. I ran my power cables where the rear speakers wires used to go. That worked out really well, except for the time that I almost started a fire reinstalling my door entry guards.

Nice, very clean. I ran my power cables where the rear speakers wires used to go. That worked out really well, except for the time that I almost started a fire reinstalling my door entry guards.
Are you talking about the channel that runs a long the door? That is where both my charge and power cables will be along with the taillight harness

Are you talking about the channel that runs a long the door? That is where both my charge and power cables will be along with the taillight harness
Yeah, my power is down the passenger side along with my fuel pump and ECU power cables. The driver side has the tail light harness.

Yeah, my power is down the passenger side along with my fuel pump and ECU power cables. The driver side has the tail light harness.
I try not to run my ECU cables anywhere near power cables if possible. In my case the drivers side will be dirty power (starting cable, charging cable, taillight harness) whereas the passenger side will be clean power (ECU and low draw)

I try not to run my ECU cables anywhere near power cables if possible. In my case the drivers side will be dirty power (starting cable, charging cable, taillight harness) whereas the passenger side will be clean power (ECU and low draw)
Sorry, should have clarified that I was running the power cable for the ECU that way. Any signal wires are routed to the front in the opposite direction.

I also made the front relay/circuit breaker board, I still need to mount it but it will go where it is in the picture.

IMG_0356.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back