• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Jeep folks here?

I will open this pretty box after work.
I got water wetter also.
20240624_112008.jpg

I have owned a few jeeps over the years started with a 1993 2WD ZJ 4.0L(Grand Cherokee), Then a 1994 XJ (Cherokee) Sport I wrapped around a tree then fixed and put a 4" lift kit in, had a 1968 Jeepster Commando project, and now currently have my 1997 ZJ (Grand Cherokee) 5.2L off roader with a 3.5" lift and a NV271 (ford f250 tansfercase) Bolts right up to the 46RE.

20240528_064643.jpg

Think I posted this pic before, 2015 sahara jk, bought it becouse I didn't want to drive my work van everywhere anymore.
Love driving the giant go cart, handles great , soft enough suspension 290 hp v6, at 15000 miles when purchased.
Bought it on a lease trade in and paid cash.
I was at the dealership for a free oil change on another car, and met the older woman trading it in, dealer wouldn't give me a number until inspected ect.... well two days later he shot me a price, made an offer and they accepted.
Now 52000 miles, no problems, still like new condition.
Only thing I would change is a four door would have been better for me, back seat in this thing is useless unless your a teenager or younger.
Btw they included a full sunrider soft top brand new in a seald box, never opened, was a suprise to me after the sale.
20210610_094938.jpg

Update: The Mishimoto radiator did the trick and I am sure the wetter water did help also. We have been at over 100 degrees everyday for the past week and even in traffic with ac on it fights to get to 210. I stuck with the factory clutch fan and reserve electric fan. It is nice to pull up somewhere and get out without it boiling over.
Thanks for the input people.

My diesel Liberty is being picked up by it's new owner today. That leaves me with a Gladiator as the daily transportation. Now all 6 vehicles in the fleet are 3 pedals. Save the manuals!

Next project was to add on board air compressor mainly just to fill motorcycle tires since I ride allot. I had this viair to work with so made it work.
A tank would be nice no $ for that. I put a short hose whip on then just pop on a flex hose to reach what your working on.
It works for me.
20240811_144534.jpg
20240811_144525.jpg

Question for XJ guys, I can not keep my rear liftgate struts to stay on , bought new ones and still an issue ! Anyone have a good fix ?

Next project was to add on board air compressor mainly just to fill motorcycle tires since I ride allot. I had this viair to work with so made it work.
A tank would be nice no $ for that. I put a short hose whip on then just pop on a flex hose to reach what your working on.
It works for me.
There are kits to convert used freon tanks into air tanks. Almost free??

My 4.6 Stroker is 1 gasket and 2 M4-0.7 bolts away from ready to install. A bunch of sand blasting & powder coating in this shot.
VC5.png

I put the compressor in that little storage compartment in the back of the JL. It is an arb with a 50 ft hose,works great.
I did not put one on the CJ-5 as it has been restored
20240811_183528.jpg
20240811_183533.jpg

I have been looking into doing a stroker for my TJ did you piece your self or buy a kit
Bruce

Question for XJ guys, I can not keep my rear liftgate struts to stay on , bought new ones and still an issue ! Anyone have a good fix ?
I had same issue with wrong struts.
I will look up # that fits. I bought at oreileys.

I have been looking into doing a stroker for my TJ did you piece your self or buy a kit
Bruce
I bought the crank (new), pistons, rings, & bearings from Scat. I reused the 4.0 rods. There are a few stroker combos that have worked; some using 4.0 rods, some 4.2 rods, different pistons, some with new crank, some with resurfaced 4.2 used stuff. Check out Jeep Strokers - Homepage

I had same issue with wrong struts.
I will look up # that fits. I bought at oreileys.
I bought mine at the dealership. A little more money, but work perfectly. The ones I saw at Oreilly's and NAPA had plastic ends on them as opposed to metal.
Dealer probably won't stock them, but they can see if any are anywhere else or look at Chrysler Obsolete [or whatever its called] for you. One of mine came from Dallas and one from somewhere back east as I remember.

my strut studs on one side are worn but can’t remove the welded nut is not welded anymore. Going to have a new one welded at work

Auto Transport Service
Back