• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Jeep folks here?

And the stroker is installed. Holy clydesdales does this thing ever pull... up to about 3800 RPM. It's like the stock 4.0 with about 5-6 Psi of boost.
StrokeIn1.png

What injectors did you go up to and what compression ratio did you go with and will it run on 87 octane gas
Bruce

Looks very nice Mike. I put one in a customer Wrangler a while back and it felt really good.

What injectors did you go up to and what compression ratio did you go with and will it run on 87 octane gas
Bruce
I have the 12-hole Ford units marketed for 4.0 upgrades. From memory, they flow about 2 lbs/hr more than stock. Compression is 10.5:1. I loaded it with 91 octane before the swap -- just for safety's sake -- and haven't driven it much beyond the break-in.

Ok, what’s all the multi-colored little rubber ducks on the dashboard supposed to mean?

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4233.jpeg

Other jeep people give you those when they like your jeep.
Its a jeep thing
I have a ridiculous amount that people gave me for the CJ-5. I keep them on a plexiglass panel I can lay on the dash when I park otherwise they would fly out when I drive. Newer jeep dashes have an area they call the duck pond where they stay put.
Its just good fun
20240822_163311.jpg
20240822_163248.jpg

Last edited:
Other jeep people give you those when they like your jeep.
Its a jeep thing
I have a ridiculous amount that people gave me for the CJ-5. I keep them on a plexiglass panel I can lay on the dash when I park otherwise they would fly out when I drive. Newer jeep dashes have an area they call the duck pond where they stay put.
Its just good fun
View attachment 1715118View attachment 1715119

OK, but what's the significance?

OK, but what's the significance?
Depends on who you believe; theres a fat chick healthy young woman who claims to have started it because her feelings got hurt and she did it to other Jeeps to brighten the owners day. She is getting all the publicity. There is credible evidence that claims it was started before that time by a Jeep club in the South that did it if you could get thru one particularly deep water hole. I dunno.
But basically its someone saying they really like your Jeep. Just a fun and silly little thing.

Depends on who you believe; theres a fat chick healthy young woman who claims to have started it because her feelings got hurt and she did it to other Jeeps to brighten the owners day. She is getting all the publicity. There is credible evidence that claims it was started before that time by a Jeep club in the South that did it if you could get thru one particularly deep water hole. I dunno.
But basically its someone saying they really like your Jeep. Just a fun and silly little thing.

Jeep people are weird.

I know...and I'll sign up for wranglerforum here soon. But, thought i'd ask the B-body crowd if there were any TJ Jeepers out there. Just picked up a rock-solid '06 with the 4.0 and a 6 speed stick. Hard top, full doors, bone stock except for 31x10.5's and a crappy aftermarket radio. It's red...not my favorite, but given the low miles (99k), rock-solid frame and floors, and decent price...I'll live with the red. One owner Jeep, one accident in '07 (right front, set off the bags but I couldn't find any frame damage, only sheetmetal and paint), and that's it.

SO much nicer than my old '92 YJ (soft top, half doors, leaf sprung).

I found the fuse for the door switch dome light override - now my lights come on when I open the doors. Got sockets for the front sidemarker lights, they work now. Put struts on the back window and it doesn't smack my head anymore. Brakes are new all around. Clutch is new. Carpet (cheap aftermarket) is new - it'll stay through winter, then I'm getting the interior line-x'd. Needs roll bar padding, and a bluetooth radio. Already ordered LED headlights (good lord, I forgot how much sealed-beam lights SUCK). Debating aux lights; bumpers; different flares; tires (the 31's look like balloons and they sing like CRAZY on the road)...added some 5/16" spacers on the front wheels to fight the full-lock rub for now, until I get either skinnier tires (stock were 225/75-15), or wheels with a better offset for the 10.5's. I hear some gear noise, especially throttle on/off transitions in second and third (before the wind noise starts) so its' gonna get all new fluids (diffs, trans, transfer). I know the six speed needs a different fluid than the 5 speeds; I wonder if it has the wrong juice in it so I'll just change it all "so I know". It shifts like butter, tons of power, not a hiccup or a tic out of the motor...

...Because I needed another money pit...

But, living on the mountain...this is the best answer for "I want a convertible". Year round use, fun, and a definite easy gift-giving list for all my friends. Not sure what to get me for whatever (birthday, Christmas, etc) holiday? Just come look at the running list on the fridge LOL.

Quadratec...here I come!

View attachment 1399885
Do you know what JEEP stands for???

JUST…. EMPTY … EVERY … POCKET !!!!

That was from the parts guy at “4WheelParts” when I ordered $3k of
Goodies for a 2000 TJ …
Haha … lookin good broski !
Mopar2ya!
John

Auto Transport Service
Back