• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody use Vibrant mufflers on a big block?

Ok I’m ordering the super turbos and the bottle resonators. Thanks for all who helped.

Last question, is this type of x pipe going to do anything special versus a more typical one? The shop has a connection on getting Flowmaster products so I can just have him order one.

That "X" is obviously more pronounced than the typical x, so If you believe an x helps, that would be the one to get.
Other than that... I have no experience, only opinion. I've never used an x, and the only H pipe connection I've ever had was a stock 440 rr headpipe.
The car I'd like to have an h-pipe on, has fenderwell headers, and the h would be five feet long, and in the way, so....no.

It’s been about 15 years since I’ve done a full system. I don’t remember what we used for the x back then, I’ve had several. I think this is a newer version and I just saw it.

The best X pipe IMO was the Dr Gas X pipe.Seems they are now defunct. I ran the same one on two cars and sadly it was on my Polara when I sold it. I prefer the magnaflow tru x these days but they are triple the price of the China knockoffs.

1719539576495.png

1719539708295.png

1719539763240.png

1.Cheap knockoff
2. magnaflow
3. magnaflow 70 degree

I had a dr gas the first car I ran the x on. It very possibly was on the others. Same guy did all my cars. I heard they closed a few years back. The one thing I haven’t asked is which x pipe he likes these days. I’m excited to get this on the books since I get to help and learn, it’s always interesting at this shop. Problem is we haven’t hit a day that works for both of us and scheduling based on the ten day outlook could get you damn near anything for weather.

Ok I’m ordering the super turbos and the bottle resonators. Thanks for all who helped.

Last question, is this type of x pipe going to do anything special versus a more typical one? The shop has a connection on getting Flowmaster products so I can just have him order one.

[/URL]
I have no idea from the photos what is going on in that Flowmaster junction. Must be something new they are doing? I'll go see from their site what it is internally.

Some car guy, if that is an open box inside that junction, I'd be hesitant to use it. I am not sure what the benefits would be, if any. Pypes' X-junctions are much closer to the original Dr. Gas X junctions.

Some car guy, if that is an open box inside that junction, I'd be hesitant to use it. I am not sure what the benefits would be, if any. Pypes' X-junctions are much closer to the original Dr. Gas X junctions.

Thanks

I have an appointment for later in the month. The guy to,d me those Flowmaster scavenger x pipes are for a car that is pushing the li it’s on a system, to crutch it basically. He said typically he sees people use them on a 5.0 mustang with say a supercharger. He didn’t think it would help on this application, but didn’t think it’d hurt if it’s what I want.

He keeps a few x pipes on the shelf at all times so we’ll just pick one that day.

After a couple of things happened to push back two appointments, today was the day! Guy spent 7 hours with the car on the lift, I’m sure 6 actual working hours since he took no lunch and I watched the whole thing. Few phone calls for appointments was it and one break talking to me. It’s a work of art.

Sound is EXACTLY what I wanted. No more drone, no more vibrating interior pieces. Sounded good when floored. It was an hour and fifteen minute ride home so I got a decent feel for it. Well worth the time since this is the fifth car he’s done for me.

Recipe for a quiet car-

Remflex manifold gaskets

Rocket restoration thick flanges(guy said they look a lot like what he carries, but his shop isn’t your average place so don’t chance it)

2.5 pipe from manifolds to tips

Flowmaster x pipe

Dynomax Super Turbos, the biggest body one with offset in and center out

Vibrant 12” resonators, can style in 2.5 fit by gas tank.

Accurate 2.5” bore factory style tips.

Main hangers are factory style, with the 2.5 sizing from Accurate as well. Issue in drivers side is that bolt in hanger mount didn’t drop as much as the welded pass side one, required him to extend the hanger maybe an inch or so. Pretty easy, but that added to the time. Worth it to get level mufflers side to side.

The factory style tip hangers we used were bought for another car years ago from Dales Cuda Shop. Ended up not using them on that car, I assume you can still buy these from him.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back