• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day

Anyone remember Big Jim? I still have the rescue rig. I seem to remember my sister having the camper.

bigjim10.jpg

BigJim.jpg

Anyone remember Big Jim? I still have the rescue rig. I seem to remember my sister having the camper.

View attachment 611387

View attachment 611386

Yes!! Used to "drive" my camper all over the back yard. Eventually the slots in the axles started to melt. Pretty sure it got trashed but I do have my Big Jim stuff in the shed.

My sister had a Barbie (I think) that was a pink version of the Big Jim camper.

sweet!

Our family's '59 Savoy on a trip to California in 1960. They lived in PA then - a couple of years before I came along.

IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG

Wasn't there a kerfuffle/recall over that because Mattel also made the stocks for the actual M-16?

I had a real wood M-1 style with a spring loaded round that "fed" when you operated the bolt.

Extremely realistic for a toy. Likely about 1977.

Wasn't there a kerfuffle/recall over that because Mattel also made the stocks for the actual M-16?

I had a real wood M-1 style with a spring loaded round that "fed" when you operated the bolt.

Extremely realistic for a toy. Likely about 1977.
I remember mine, way before there was a recall, gave it to a friend when I moved over seas.

Auto Transport Service
Back