• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block/Hemi quality engine stand?

Chase383

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My newest project came with a nice little extra, a 1966 383 4 barrel that I believe was pulled from a running C-body. I've got it on my current engine stand (an AC Delco from the parts store) and to be honest is scares the crap out of me.

The engine droops at least a couple of inches and the brackets that hold the engine to the stand are noticeably flexing under the weight. Its scared me enough that I actually have the engine hooked up to my hoist as a "backup".

Can somebody recommend a quality engine stand that is reasonably priced?

They are out there but they ain't cheap. A bit of surfing the net should bring them up.....but I ended up making my own.

OTC Industrial Engine stand. 1500.00 The one and only, made in USA. I have my Hemi , Trans and K member mounted on it. It is a cradle design. But you can also get traditional piece from OTC for $ 900.00

You can always cut a 2x4 to prop up the front. Put it under the front pan rail/bottom of timing cover to the front leg of the stand to help support it.

harbor freight

The harbor freight 2000lb stand is very good for the money. The others from HF are junk, but I think the 2k rated one is good quality for 100 bucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back