• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Members

Were you here this summer? I managed to be out of town for every single race. But I'll be watching next year.

We made a couple of showings but that track is a bit rough being that it is still a functioning air strip. You should try to make some Thunder Mtn dates next Summer. That place is always a good time.

From Saskatchewan parts around here are sometimes hard to but thanks to this forum I have found stuff .Just waiting for the football game to start.

I'm in Surrey, BC. 10 mins from the border where i get all my parts shipped. Most of the time I save 50% over what i would pay in Canada for car or bike parts and then i fill up my Duramax with 280L of cheap diesel.

We made a couple of showings but that track is a bit rough being that it is still a functioning air strip. You should try to make some Thunder Mtn dates next Summer. That place is always a good time.
Will do, Hope to meet up with ya there.

Hey all I am from Alberta but I now live in Aylmer Quebec.......Weird. I get most of my parts from Napa no hassels at all, and there are a few real good boneyards whithin an hours drive. If i can't get it there I go rock auto and bite it on the shipping, but if I order on Monday the part arrives on Tuesday so no point in complaining. I live right across the river from Ottawa.

Take off eh. "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Beer"

My name is Kevin and I am from Cow-Gary. I'm currently in the long process of putting my 68 Coronet together. Good to meet all of you Canadians. Stay warm as it is damn cold here!

Hey all I am from Alberta but I now live in Aylmer Quebec.......Weird. I get most of my parts from Napa no hassels at all, and there are a few real good boneyards whithin an hours drive. If i can't get it there I go rock auto and bite it on the shipping, but if I order on Monday the part arrives on Tuesday so no point in complaining. I live right across the river from Ottawa.

Yawakze I'm more referring to the specialty/performance parts that we go to Jegs, Summit, Year One, TTI and the like for instead of Napa but at least you're in a spot where you can get to a border!

Take off eh. "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Beer"

My name is Kevin and I am from Cow-Gary. I'm currently in the long process of putting my 68 Coronet together. Good to meet all of you Canadians. Stay warm as it is damn cold here!

"It's a beauty way to go!"

I don't really want to go the performance route yet as I have just a stock b-body 4 door. I have ordered stuff from jegs and summit and jc whitney too. I just like the old reliable stock go for groceries in the coolest ride in the walmart parking lot. I hope to start a more sport oriented build, preferably a 68 coronet-r runner or charger in the future but for now I am happy in my old mopar as opposed to buying a mini van for the family.

I saw the posts from people in specific states looking to see who else was from the same state but that gave me a bit of a different idea...

There seems to be a fair bit of Canadian's on the board so great for everyone to chime in and say where they're from but I thought there might be another use to this thread. We all share the same problems that on our side of the border prices are much higher and we get killed with customs. There may be some opportunity out there for us to help each other get better deals or save on shipping. I.E. multi-person or group buys and or Canadian's in border states who keep an address state side to assist in picking up and re-shipping from Canada to avoid brokerage fees... not sure if this is something anyone is willing to do but I know I'm tired of getting murdered with shipping, customs, brokerage etc...

Oh and to start off the thread I'm originally from Northern Ontario (Just outside Sudbury) Have lived Downtown Toronto for several years and now reside in Guelph, Ontario

Mike
I've got a local speed shop where I can pick up stuff at about 10-15% above summit prices. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than getting it shipped from the US. I've got a place just across the border that I could have stuffed shipped to, but then my time is involved as well.

I'm from FSJ in BC, little town 1300 ks north of Van. Now living in Australia, you guys have it easy in Canada, try the shipping 15000 miles south……..it hurts.

Dorchester near London. My Sister lives in Guelph. Dan.

Hey Dan,

If you're ever in Guelph to see your sister and have some spare time maybe we can grab a beer and chat MOPAR always great meeting people off here

I've got a local speed shop where I can pick up stuff at about 10-15% above summit prices. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than getting it shipped from the US. I've got a place just across the border that I could have stuffed shipped to, but then my time is involved as well.

Would that speedshop happen to be WILDGOOSE?

Just south of Barrie Ontario in the snow belt. I make an annual trip south of the border to Carlisle PA or Columbus OH. I find it is worth the cost and consider it a vacation. Most vendors will bring parts you order to the shows (except year one who make a large profit on shipping). Have made many friends at these events and they always enjoy Canadian beers. My neighbor has a mail box in Buffalo NY $5.00 per item. Well worth the 3 hour return drive.

hey guys Im a mopar fanatic from summerland BC,I only have one B body right now a 6300 orig mile 71 hemi charger but I hope to add a 66 belvedere 1 hemi to my stable soon.
( I do have a couple E bodies but we know the B's are WAY better cars).
as for shipping ,I wouldnt have got any of my projects done without the existance of bettas services in oroville!

Ive never seen that 70 GTX from osoyoos,nice car ! burnout.jpg

hey guys Im a mopar fanatic from summerland BC,I only have one B body right now a 6300 orig mile 71 hemi charger but I hope to add a 66 belvedere 1 hemi to my stable soon.
( I do have a couple E bodies but we know the B's are WAY better cars).
as for shipping ,I wouldnt have got any of my projects done without the existance of bettas services in oroville!

Ive never seen that 70 GTX from osoyoos,nice car !View attachment 155657

Thanks ogopogo, nice ride yourself. are you a member of okanagan mopars by any chance?

JUAF08~1.jpgMY1970~1.JPGNo,never did the club thing much.....I have a soft spot for 70 X's,they were my favorite car back when I was a young guy,had a few including this black/black 4 speed N96 car that I rottisserie restored from a total basket case when I was in my early 20's.I miss it and try every year to buy it back to no avail!

pm sent

- - - Updated - - -

I'm from FSJ in BC, little town 1300 ks north of Van. Now living in Australia, you guys have it easy in Canada, try the shipping 15000 miles south……..it hurts.

You be lucky you ain't in FSJ now, it's about -40 up there now. Cheers!

2 B's are more fun

I currently live in Oakville but spent ten years in Calgary. I have two b-bodies. One is a 68 Road Runner which I’m taking back to original i.e. the speed equipment is coming off and original parts are going in. The other is a 75 Doba which is a restomod project.

I drove the runner back from the states. The paperwork is quite simple for an older car (more than 15 yrs). I bought the Doba in Alberta and had it trucked to Ontario. Many transports are deadheading back to Ontario and transport deals for Eastbound freight can be had.

I’ve imported parts and driven to the US to pick up others. Wrong parts or defective parts and returning them is a pain in the ***. I now source parts thru National Moparts in Beaverton Ontario. I accept that I may be paying a little bit more but getting it right the first time is worth the price. In addition to being a vintage Mopar wrecking yard, they sell/source new parts and do some restoration work. These guys really know their stuff. I’ve always got the right part the first time. To illustrate;

• When I replaced the windshield on the Runner I needed trim clips. My contact new that there were two different styles (long and short) and provided me with the dimensions so that I could figure out which ones I needed
  • When I needed some door lock parts that weren’t available in the after-market they pulled them from a vehicle in the boneyard.
  • When I converted the runner to power brakes with front disc brakes they provided me with a period correct kit that works with 14 in wheels. In addition, they gave me a credit for the old equipment that came off the car.
My BC experience: When I lived in Calgary I decided to drive the Highway to the Sun in Glacier National Park. After driving the highway, I kept going west to Spokane Washington and then headed north thru Nelson and overnighted in Nakusp waiting, while a forest fire surrounded the city (or town), for the morning ferry and bought a tee shirt that read “Where the hell is Nakusp?”

Auto Transport Service
Back