• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coil Suggestion

TL44

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
70 RR, 383, 30 over,Hemi Street Grind/purple shaft cam. Firecore distributor to convert to electronic ign. Started getting a miss under load, 2nd and 3rd. I pulled the coil wire from the Accel Super Coil and oil poured out, the coil is 6yrs old and the second Accel Super coil I've had on it since I had the car (2016) I'm looking for suggestions on a different coil that would be good for my setup.

Thanks in advance!

Ive always used nothing but OE stock mopar coils and have yet had one fail in 40 years
And I have an nos one on the shelf,,,,JUST IN CASE that changes

But most of my stuff is stock, or real close to it

Are U running a ballast resistor??
My experience with a Mopar electronic ignition system...
When one starts to mixing different brand ignition components certain product reliability issues happen..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

You need to factor in the Ohm's. Factory Mopar coils are 1.5 Ohms
You can run .6 or as much as 3.0 Ohms. As asked above did you eliminate the ballast ?
What electronic conversion are you using ?
I got lost about a Firecore Distributor being converted to electronic.

You should really tell us what type of ignition your using? You said a firecore converted to electronic ignition ? If you are using a typical Mopar Orange ECU , which is what I run, I run a MSD Street fire coil with , with a .8 ohm ballast resistor . Has run flawless for 5 years now

Cheers

You should really tell us what type of ignition your using? You said a firecore converted to electronic ignition ? If you are using a typical Mopar Orange ECU , which is what I run, I run a MSD Street fire coil with , with a .8 ohm ballast resistor . Has run flawless for 5 years now

Cheers

Think he means he's has installed a Fire Core distributor and has converted to an electronic ignition system of some sort ? What electronic ignition he's referring to is a mystery, and coil choice suggestions would depend on an answer to that question.

Auto Transport Service
Back