• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Pennie's toy of the day..

20240731_134746.jpg

Last edited:
So somebody, probably a neighbor, keeps throwing T-bones and rib bones in my yard.
My dog is pretty food protective.
I have three duplexes along one side of my property, kinda pissed I might have to buy trail cams to find the culprit. Of the 10 adults in the three duplexes, I know the names of two, on of the I suspect.

Im considering that for my Magnum. Who do you have? And are you happy?
The money I spent to save Cuda when he ate a piece of ball he couldn't pass was staggering.
I asked people in the parking lot at the Vet School and heard good things about Trupanion, so it was one I looked at when I did research and that's what I bought. $50 per month, $400 deductible.

Haven't used it yet, knock on wood. They pay 90% after the deductible.

I asked people in the parking lot at the Vet School and heard good things about Trupanion, so it was one I looked at when I did research and that's what I bought. $50 per month, $400 deductible.

Haven't used it yet, knock on wood. They pay 90% after the deductible.
Funny thing , I picked up a flyer at Costco (!) for pet insurance, about an hour ago. I haven't investigated them yet.

The parking lot at the Vet School was interesting. It is a half acre waiting room for people whose pets couldn't be fixed by their regular vets. We would wait there for news on tests and procedures. When I am standing around with people I tend to talk. We were all pretty much travelers, but I think locals to Ft Collins use them too as they are cheaper. Some had chronic conditions and those with pet insurance seemed more confident. One guy's dog was having 3 thousand dollar surgery and he expected to pay about $700. I didn't hear any insurance horror stories.

The parking lot at the Vet School was interesting. It is a half acre waiting room for people whose pets couldn't be fixed by their regular vets. We would wait there for news on tests and procedures. When I am standing around with people I tend to talk. We were all pretty much travelers, but I think locals to Ft Collins use them too as they are cheaper. Some had chronic conditions and those with pet insurance seemed more confident. One guy's dog was having 3 thousand dollar surgery and he expected to pay about $700. I didn't hear any insurance horror stories.
The only horror story I have is about NOT having insurance on Cuda when he, and I, needed it. Three grand out of my pocket would have been a bargain!

With my boy, it would have been a wash. 7 years @ $600 is $4,200 plus deductible and surgery was $5K. Chemo was available for $3K had I wanted to go that route. They said it would double his life expectancy to 6 months. He had been through enough, I didn't want him sick for the rest of his life. 3 months was spot on and I'm glad to say he was very good up to the last few days. He liked to play at the dog park and stand in the creek on days like today. Miss you buddy

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.17.38 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 1.06.14 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 8.20.50 AM.png

My buddy did blood transfusions on his dog. Only gave his dog 6 months. He paid mighty for those 6 months but he could afford it. I feel when its time its time. Please Do not take that wrong my dogs are my babies. I just dont want my dogs to suffer so I can be happy.

Something tells me pet insurance will be similar to human health insurance; it will pretty much suck while driving up costs.

Got the squeaky rooster by the butt!
Penny's "toy of the day". Lol

View attachment 1705701

View attachment 1705702
Toy of the day?
That toy wouldn't last an hour with my guys.
Funny thing, my guys are totally ball driven, when together. I have Magnum with me in california, and he absolutely couldn't care less about a ball here. I've tried. I play with him as close as I can to match play in Arizona, I just doesn't work. Sibling rivalry in AZ I guess.

Toy of the day?
That toy wouldn't last an hour with my guys.
Funny thing, my guys are totally ball driven, when together. I have Magnum with me in california, and he absolutely couldn't care less about a ball here. I've tried. I play with him as close as I can to match play in Arizona, I just doesn't work. Sibling rivalry in AZ I guess.
We have had dogs that had to kill the squeaker or rip the toy 2 shreds before it hits the floor. We pretty much bought only Kong toys then. Penny always has something in her mouth like our pug used too...almost like a pacifier. Penny does shoes and toys...different each day! Penny was a rescue, she was a surprise, she was the only one this color in the litter. The other 5 were speckled and black w Pug faces. Pennie's mom was about 20 lbs...but Penny kept growing to near 70.

Penny's Dad 1/2 American Staffordshire Terrier.

Screenshot_20240804_145106_Chrome.jpg

Mom was a bug..half Boston half Pug.
Aka Bug.

Screenshot_20240804_151009_Chrome.jpg

These 2 breeds made our Penny .Lol

Screenshot_20240804_150544_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Thor left his pheasant toy outside the shop, I let him out to pee and when I opened the door to let him in he was on solid point.

IMG_5430.jpg

YA CAN'T TAKE THE POINTER OUT OF THE PUP!!!! Looking good Thor!!!

My little monster is 1 year old. This was her first time at the dog park

P1015137.JPG

Last edited:
I LOVE this thread! We don't deserve the love of dogs. Our Mishka is getting older, and having a few issues. She's tough as a diamond...and will continue to fill us with joy.

Mishka 6-7-24.jpg

She was peeling the tennis ball and I asked her: Do you really need to do that? She quit and stared at the ball for a while as though she was considering my question.

P1010924.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back