• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Efi conversion tank for 65 belvedere

My interchange manual says that 64 and 65 Polara’s have different tanks - and that 64 Polara and 65 Belvedere have the same tank. If that’s correct, the not sure how Aeromotive has a tank that is for 64 & 65 Polara. I’ve never seen anything but a Belvedere tank, so I can’t compare. Can anyone confirm?
65 Polara is a C body if you look up a standard tank for a 65 Coronet AND 65 Belvedere you should see the same tank.

The base pump would probably be ok but id like room to grow. Its a 426 hemi 10.5:1 solid cam ~.600" lift, ported stock heads. One thing iam confused on is it seems to be orb06 fittings coming out of sending unit which i think is 3/8". I would think getting to 600hp and beyond you would want to step up to 1/2"?

If the base pump is a Walbro 255lph, get the bigger 450lph. I had the 255 on my GTX and it did not pump enough fuel for my 440.

65 Polara is a C body if you look up a standard tank for a 65 Coronet AND 65 Belvedere you should see the same tank.
Understood, but that's not what I was trying to say. Trying to tie all these things together to see if the 64-65 Polara Aeromotive EFI tank can be used in a 65 Belvedere.
-Aeromotive website says they have an EFI tank that fits 64-65 Polara.
-My interchange book says three things:
1) the 64 & 65 Polara have different tanks, which seems to contradict the Aeromotive info
2) The 65 Polara and 65 Belvedere have different tanks.
3) The 64 Polara and 65 Belvedere seem to share the same tank, but the book is not real clear on that.
So without a definitive answer, it comes down to getting specs/drawings from Aeromotive to compare to the 65 Belvedere tank - which we should do in any case.

We're running 2 of them in '65 coronet's, the '65 plymouth satellite, belvedere use the same tank.
Don't know if needed, but we went with the 340 pump and are very satisfied.

We're running 2 of them in '65 coronet's, the '65 plymouth satellite, belvedere use the same tank.
Don't know if needed, but we went with the 340 pump and are very satisfied.
Awesome- thanks

3/8 line is fine for 600 hp. Go crawl under a Hellcat and see what size of line they have for 700 hp. EFI operates at high pressure so you don't need a big line.

Agree. I run -6 on mine on e85.

(and have ran -6 on other cars at over 1000hp with efi)

Auto Transport Service
Back