• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engagement ring from a pawnshop??? Pic now included....

Here's me thinking it was just the sign of a good salesman. :lol:

I bought my wife a new diamond wedding ring from Coster's Diamond House in Amsterdam. They made it while we waited.....you get to choose the stone - colour & clarity etc and then the setting. Only took about an hour all up.....and it was a lot cheaper than a retail shop.

View attachment 1682675

@MarPar - you would like the place....not far from Antwerp. :lol:

c312ee08-4e19-4d29-be50-d3681c583a6d_text.gif

:lol:

I take it your parents didn't have any hobbies.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Or a TV :rofl:

First of all a belated congratulations!! Secondly some observations. I own an independent jewelery store, in business since 1936. I have 52 years of jewelery manufacturing under my belt. It looks like the ring might be a little loose on her hand, leading to tipping and spinning. Adding a couple beads inside at the 4 and 8 oclock position will greatly reduce that. Also many used pieces have wear issues, notably worn prongs or thin shanks. Her ring looks like the prongs still have plenty of thickness for years of good wear. The other problem with used jewelery is the chemical action it may have been subjected to prior to your purchase. Harsh chemicals like bleach and ammonia can actually dissolve the alloys mixed with gold, A professional cleaning in an ultrasonic can certainly help, and periodic cleaning can help prevent the buildup that leads to problems. All the best, Wayne

Auto Transport Service
Back