• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Looks great Prop you've out did yourself!
Go with the Torque Thrust II's. I'm also a fan of body colored steel wheels too.

Something like this in black would be damn nice too. Has a nice stance.

DSC06702.jpg

or you could have a trunk swinging in front of you too!!! :icon_elephant:

LMAO!!

Thanks Gpuller...I appreciate it. Those wheels do look slick on the bird, but obviously i'm more of a sucker for the 5 spoke type wheels.

Thanks again Mario for the wheel reference. I was able to dig up a pic of those wheels on a Camaro (sorry).

So, with/without the spinner type center cap....How will these wheels.................

q7.jpg

....Look on this car......................

q6.jpg

Dang it...Most size backspace they have on those wheels is 16MM...Arrr, back to the drawing board

****Little update****** Guy I talked to on the phone at the kinda local (down by Madison) discount tire store was wrong.
I emailed MG and they said the offsets are O, -6 and 13MM, not backspacing. I just need to do the math.

So if I go with this wheel a 15" x 8" 13MM offset i'll have about 4.5" backspacing. Perfect!

The fronts (15" X 7") only come in 0 and -6MM offset, so 0 offset being a 3.5" Backspace...Is that enough backspacing for the front wheels??
Or would it be wise to go 15" x 8" with the 4.5" BS up front?

Last edited:
Im not much for low profile, but these wheels look kind of sinister to me, i know you cant see much but thought id show them to you for a "just maybe" look.. I cant seen to find a good pic of the wheels alone, sorry..
Barry27s_R-Runner_197220Small.gif

Beauty, Will!! i hope you can get those rims to fit...would look soooo bad-*** (always been a sucker for spinners btw)

i thought backspacing and offset were the same sh*t? please enlighten me...

been wanting to get new rims for the GTX'er, but been hemming and hawwing (two good friends of mine! lol) for a while now not sure what would fit right.

looks like those wheels on that charger are 'bout the same...would look better on skeletor tho!!!

wait, somebody down by Madison was wrong???

ya recall walker again...oh wait they did!!! {rant off lol}

Beauty, Will!! i hope you can get those rims to fit...would look soooo bad-***

BTW i thought backspacing and offset were the same sh*t? please enlighten me...

been wanting to get new rims for the GTX'er, but been hemming and hawwing (two good friends of mine! lol) for a while now not sure what would fit right.

looks like those wheels on that charger are 'bout the same...would look better on skeletor tho!!!

Backspace is the distance from the back of the wheel to the hub mounting face.

Offset is how far off from the center of the wheel hoop the hub face is.

hmmmm, sooooo.....???

Backspace is the distance from the back of the wheel to the hub mounting face. (thickness of the hub itself?)

Offset is how far off from the center of the wheel hoop the hub face is. (Depth of the rim; to the front of da hub face?)

LOL......Confusing isn't it Mario..Backspacing is part of offset. Yeah, those goofy clowns down in Madision....I think they really do enjoy using my tax dollars for toilet paper.

To explain offset, with a car wheel with 0 offset, the hub/mounting surface is centered (widthwise) in the middle of the rim. A postive offset, the hub/mounting surface is further to the outside of the rim. Negative, hub/mounting surface is towards the inside of the wheel past center..

Backspace.....Take an 8 inch wheel, say the offset is 0 (hub/munting surface is centered/widthwise). That would mean it has a 4" Backspace (half the wheel width) If the wheel had a +13MM offset (about 1/2") that would mean that rim now has a 4 1/2" backspace. Vise versa for negative. If the wheel had a -13MM offset, now the hub/mounting suface is deeper down in the rim 1/2". So 1/2" - 4", you would have a 3.5" backspace.

Make sense or do you now have a bigger headache?

Thanks again for lending your idea on the rims! I've decided to go that route...Keep the meaness in it!! Question is now, do I go with the 17" like is on the Charger or should I stick with the 15" and taller tire sidewall, like is on the car now?

LOL......Confusing isn't it Mario..Backspacing is part of offset. Yeah, those goofy clowns down in Madision....I think they really do enjoy using my tax dollars for toilet paper.

To explain offset, with a car wheel with 0 offset, the hub/mounting surface is centered (widthwise) in the middle of the rim. A postive offset, the hub/mounting surface is further to the outside of the rim. Negative, hub/mounting surface is towards the inside of the wheel past center..

Backspace.....Take an 8 inch wheel, say the offset is 0 (hub/munting surface is centered/widthwise). That would mean it has a 4" Backspace (half the wheel width) If the wheel had a +13MM offset (about 1/2") that would mean that rim now has a 4 1/2" backspace. Vise versa for negative. If the wheel had a -13MM offset, now the hub/mounting suface is deeper down in the rim 1/2". So 1/2" - 4", you would have a 3.5" backspace.

Make sense or do you now have a bigger headache?

Thanks again for lending your idea on the rims! I've decided to go that route...Keep the meaness in it!! Question is now, do I go with the 17" like is on the Charger or should I stick with the 15" and taller tire sidewall, like is on the car now?

17's = rice burning doof doof car..............:jerk:

Thanks Will!!! it does make more sense to me now. i had to read it a few times (and a few more yet :icon_dwarf:) but i do get it.

Im glad i could help in your decision!! those rims will look bad-freakin-***!!!

re: wheel/tire size; few things- do you want restomod/pro touring look or stockish? then the ride height, you want it lowered or standing up taller?

perhaps a combo of the two? 16" with a mid-thick sidewall....got plenty of room in those wheeltubs to fill up!!!

and with a 512, you'll def need ALOT of contact patch!!! :steering:

Last edited:
Yup! that's just what i was thinking! the full on chrome may take away from the sinister look...

X 2... I agree! We all love the chrome but the charcoal along with it makes the sinister look mean and lean, with a added sparkle with the chrome... Ive seen these before because i keep going back and looking, if they just had a tad bit more "dark" in them.. JMO
ar_ar898_maa_ci3_l-1.gif

UMmm, this wasn't meant to change your mind Prop, just to show you, Until i found these awhile back, ive never seen them on someones car before!

Auto Transport Service
Back