• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen Govier - No more orders

Yes, mine was made in May of 69, soit was late. I have looked for the GTX register, but have not found anything on it.

g g

here are a few more stockmopar.com ,restorationassistance.com ,mopartus.com ,maxwedge.com .

WOW,i can't believe galen has moved into that"untouchable,i'm better than you phase".i've dealt with him in the past and have 4 cars in his registry.2-69 RR's,71 charger,72 charger rallye.He gave me some insight on some info i would not have known b4.He also looked at a broadcast sheet for my wife's 77 volare at MOPARS ON THE MISSISSIPPI a couple years ago and told me it wasa special order car.Would I charge extra if i was to sell my cars with galen's "blessing",probably not.I have talked to him in person and on the phone several times and he's never been "stuck up" with me.I have noticed that it has been harder more recently to get anybody there to answer the phone.I'm not defending him,just saying what dealings i have had with him in the past.Diane is a great person and a major asset that he should do what he can to keep her.Maybe all that is happening to him will "humble" galen down a little bit to join the real mopar enthusiats that want to drive their cars and not own a building of trailer queens.I'm not saying anything against the guys that have a super nice car,heck i'd like eveyone of mine to be show quality and be proud to show a trophy for my hard work.

Well, I guess i touched a nerve with this. In my case I wanted to see how many GTX's we born at the LA plant and how many over all where in the register......

Its my understanding that the LA plant making GTX's in 1969 model year was due to demand being so high, so, most LA GTX's were late in the year models.

Without factory production records, there is no way to know how many of what models were built at each plant.

LA built GTXs as early as August, 1968. Without production records, there is no way to know what percentage of GTX's were built 'early' or 'late' at a specific plant.

In term's of numbers built, GTX's are farily low production so I don't see a huge pressing need for one plant to pick up the overflow (unlike STL adding 68 Chargers mid year) especially at LA which was a low volume plant. Sending overflow to LA would have required higher shipping costs to send cars back east.

If Galen isn't taking orders anymore, can someone please let me know if they have a copy of the production options report for 1969 Plymouth's they can share? This is the one that says X% of cars came with black paint, Y% came with AM radio, etc. Are there any other sources out there? Thanks, Pat

If Galen isn't taking orders anymore, can someone please let me know if they have a copy of the production options report for 1969 Plymouth's they can share? This is the one that says X% of cars came with black paint, Y% came with AM radio, etc. Are there any other sources out there? Thanks, Pat

There are different O&A reports for different models. You'll have to be more specific as to which model you are looking for. Barracuda? Belvedere? Road Runner? GTX? Fury?

You may know this and only used it for an example but the 69 reports do not include a breakout by color.

I'm not gonna defend or condem the guy. I will give him respect for doing something for our little corner of the world when nobody else was. The growth of the internet may have rendered him somewhat obsolete. I have no idea or care for his business practices, maybe what started out for him as a way to make money with the hobby he loved just turned into a 12 headed monster. (I'm sure that has happened to more than one person). Maybe he just got flooded with Barrett Jackson clowns trying to give their slant six Valiants pedigree. Who knows? I wish him well as a person and would hope he can get square with his current customers and be of value in one form or another in our hobby in the future. There is still a need for some form of authentication for the rarer or exceptional cars in our hobby. Good or bad, he just happens to be our cross to bear.

you have the best tool available to you today, than we hade years ago, the internet,search, search , google,ask ,post its there is someone who will have the answer for you ,don`t give up theres no reason to pay someone for the info, some people will take a short cut to have it right now , sit down and use that finger on your key board :computer::headbang:

I have no ax to grind here.He carved his nich in the mopar world.There are guys just as knowledgable as he is in the mustang world,the corvette world etc.There are also thousands of people seeking this type of info that don't know how to turn a 'puter on.Did his head get too big or did he simply get overwelmed,we will never know.By not taking ANY new orders,I hope he can get caught up with his workload and reinvent himself.He's been doing this for a long time and earned his rep.
There are still the guys that find it easy to pay someone else to do something they don't care to do on thier own.How many mopars sold for more 'cause they were "veified by Galen".:thinker:

as long as there is the demand and people willing to put the cash in hand there will be the asking for it and more:sHa_dielaughing2:

There are different O&A reports for different models. You'll have to be more specific as to which model you are looking for. Barracuda? Belvedere? Road Runner? GTX? Fury?

You may know this and only used it for an example but the 69 reports do not include a breakout by color.

Thanks for the reply - looking for 69 road runner, yeah, used color just as an example. I'd be pretty cool if there was an reference archive somewhere for these or does Galen have a lock on the O & A reports?

Met him last year at the Hi-Po-Mopar Show in Omaha...total prick on wheels!

Maybe he was having a bad day or something but it was a huge let down to see how he was to people.

my .02 cents

Thanks for the reply - looking for 69 road runner, yeah, used color just as an example. I'd be pretty cool if there was an reference archive somewhere for these or does Galen have a lock on the O & A reports?

I don't know that he has a lock on them but AFAIK, he's been the only one to compile and publish the data.

:comp26::uwelcome::uwelcome::book1::icon_winkle::argue::homework::icon_study::rolleyes::mornincoffee::icon_study::homework::computer::lotsocoffee::parts book::icon_study::homework::computer::computer::read::read::sixpack::thinker::computer:

It is nice that someone is trying to put all this information together in one place. Doesn't do me much good. Don't really care if my cars are documented or even worthy of it. I'm just happy most of the things work on my cars. Who am I kidding? These days I am happy when the tires hold air......

Well, I wanted to address some of the comments that I have seen since I have started this topic.
1. I have "typed" into my computer for over a year now, that my fingers are bleeding..trying to get more info about the things that I have asked about, with little luck.
2. There may be other people that have a great deal of info about Mopars, but he was the best source. I'm sure that there are not others that were collecting build sheets as much as he was and since I did not have one, maybe he did...shot in the dark.
3. I was told that Diane did most of the work and he just signed off on most stuff. When it came to big $$$ inspections, that is where he came into the picture.
4. Maybe he has had enough of doing this. I was told he has a new GF and she is forcing out Diane...who knows.
5. Bottom line is ALL Mopar people have put him sitting in the high chair with all their requests over the years, so it's not his fault, but more all of the people that use his service that put him there. I am in no way defending him, but rather I would have hoped that he took someone under his wing to keep this going. Once he signs something, the value of your car goes up...who's fault is that?
6. If I had the time I would start a 69 GTX registry, I have found a 70..but no 69.

at one time there was a site I think it was 69 1/2 sixpack six barrel registry and I belive it also was for the GTX give it a try.

Auto Transport Service
Back