• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Suckered Punched (black eye) !!!!!

Advertised as "clear title". Guy has been here for 4 years and 300+ posts.What does his feedback look like...

I'm not directly blaming the victim but there are things that one can do to really reduce the chances of being scammed.
Below is a post with many great suggestions...

Some people get all excited about finally finding that car or part that they have been looking for, they don't do the research to root out a guy with a bad reputation.
That seems to be the case here...the OP did research afterwards. This would be like marrying a woman that you barely knew then seeing her in an adult movie a week later.
If the seller has an established history on a site like this, they aren't likely to ruin their reputation with a bad transaction.
I have bought and sold here and at FABO. I have never had a bad experience buying or selling.
Greg,
Spot on, thanks for sharing!! It's called business, do it first. It sucks that people can't be trusted and NO ONE deserves to get screwed. Sorry to hear!!

No title, no deal. If you can't bring a car and a title together on the day of the sale, you don't want to sell it. I had one guy tell me he could get it in a few days, I told him you might see me in a few days, but I doubt it....

I bet the title along is worth a pretty penny as there are so many second gen Chargers being rebuilt with Amd metal and not much else. Hope the op gets the title if there really was ever one to begin with.

The rule of thumb is:

I hand you the money.
You hand me the title.

Words to live by.

IMO 15k for that car AND A TITLE sold that car. Seller knew exactly what he was doing. Glad he is gone.

IMO 15k for that car AND A TITLE sold that car. Seller knew exactly what he was doing. Glad he is gone.
I agree. I inquired about the car it is somewhat local, but it bothered me it came with no interior and he has a **** ton of parts. But comes with no interior.

I have always had good luck buying and selling parts with members on the "Bodies" forums. However, I will never understand how people can purchase a car site unseen from different states or even countries. Way to easy to get scammed or ripped off.

I know of a guy that just went through all of this with a beautiful 49 Caddy for $35,000 he bought from one of those online classic car dealers. It's been months since he paid and still no car.

I had a bad experience with Martin (Liberty Mopars) as well. Back in mid-May, I bought a sidemarker, antenna assembly and some other bits & pieces from him, $300 CAD paid immediately. Excuse after excuse, nasty divorce, time in jail, unable to access his property, and countless times I asked for a tracking number as he kept telling me it was shipped--but never once did I get a tracking number. At one point I even received a nasty email from his ex-wife, wondering who I was. WTF!

I never received the parts after all this time.

He otherwise had good feedback but clearly something is slipping there. Buyer beware.

I think he's going through some crap. When I got past 2 months of waiting, he actually phoned me up and explained his situation, and seemed like he was trying to sort things out, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and backed off. I should also mention he wasn't the typical scammer; he sent me pics of what he had, took credit card instead of Paypal "Friends & Family". However, when the wait got past 3 months and just one excuse after another, I got fed up with the bullshit. If you're going to do business, keep your family **** out of it. It's not our problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back