• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Buying Up Projects

It was back on track when Bru posted. Well at least for a blink...lol

Wonder who is to blame now?:realcrazy:

Back on track
As Tony Mopar said: "And to get back to the original topic, yes GYC will be opening a "used" car lot of used musclecar era Mopars"

Cool!

ski are you ok have been flying inverted too much lately :rofl:

31.jpg
25.jpg
for ski

I’ve been there quite a few times and I wanted to chime in.

Justin I agree that a couple of jobs that left there a couple of years ago or more had some issues.

The business was growing and Mark entrusted a “shop foreman” to oversee some jobs, and they were not up to par. Mark realized and addressed the issues, and I don’t believe that has been an issue since. Sure, just like on any new restoration or even brand new cars, a drive ability issue may have surfaced, but that’s why even new cars come with warrantees. One thing for sure I know is that Mark has never shied away from correcting any issue, if anybody questions that please call and I’ll be happy to discuss.

Another point to consider on the above cars that had issues, and as a matter of fact all of the cars restored through at least season 4 the restoration costs INCLUDING PARTS was under $50k, many of them WELL under $50k.

And while the restoration cost has increased I can honestly say that it is still less than the half price of the other shops mentioned, and GYC includes parts in their price, and is about the only shop I know of that gives an All In price before the job. They don’t bill by the hour, so no surprises for the owner.

With that being said, I can honestly say that their paint work is excellent!, and the quality of their details being more correct then in the beginning has increased leaps and bounds. While they don’t do OE judging type work, (obviously since they are supplying the parts), their work is very very good and correct with the shortcoming being in reproduction parts and painting the undercarriage of the cars, all because that is what the owners of the cars want or are happy with. I can personally attest that they do care about the correctness of their work and are always trying to learn and improve where they can.

I know some will say that Mark says OE a lot on the show. He isn’t referring to OE judging he means the cars are being restored to original as opposed to modified.

Please take into account that some of the “best” and other superlatives used are requested by the network.

And just to put my money where my mouth is, I have a Plum Crazy 1970 Challenger 440 R/T there getting ready to be restored. Its not going to be over the top like my Daytona is, because then I couldn’t drive the car. It will still be a great car when done, it just won’t have all the super cool unobtainium NOS parts on it like my Daytona did.

And in the end, I always say, let’s appreciate a Mopar only car TV show that is a great promoter of the cars we love
Well put Tony, Yeah the show is a little long on commercials and assgrabbing but it is a TV SHOW and the only one for Mopars. Being in GYC backyard I have seen a few of their finished cars. One that stands out is a Red 70 Cuda 340. Very nice car that usually wins something at local shows. What they started out with was basically a roof and VIN dragged from a field in Iowa. Got to have 100k in it but it is his $$ and car. My 2 cents. P.S. Royal is the man...

I will never forget seeing Royal run that 67 Hemi GTX at over 100 miles per hour in the rain!
Real, hard rain, he took that Hemi GTX of his and ran it hard....
Gorgeous car!
Car tracked flawlessly in the rain/wet street!

Auto Transport Service
Back