• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Buying Up Projects

I second that.

I'm all for the YouTube/Netflix shows by Hot Rod Magazine, e.g., Hot Rod Garage and Roadkill. They're all about the fun; drama doesn't have a place in those shows.

Pretty much goes for all of the HRM shows developed by David Freiburger.

-Kurt

Last edited:
I wonder how many of you fall for the traps Facebook puts in your feeds, because most of you get so upset at the drop of my keys on my keyboard. Spell correctly, proper context, at least to a 10th grade level, this is and was and remains my claim. To the chap in Florida who just had to insert that his wife has new tits, you are amusing, and I'm glad I am nothing to you -- thus your replies! My point is and remains an effort to not look like collective dullards. I'm not advocating we get on a BA or Masters Degree level of grammar, just past the elementary school level of communication. For goodness sakes, we all have spell check which works automatically, you have to chose to ignore it -- which makes sense as many of you likely hunt and peck on your keyboard. If you can't type with 4 fingers as you look at your screen utilizing Home Row, you need help. It was fun looking for your projects as I received flak from you all, still sort of looking...again, not to be critical, but to see what I can incorporate into my own lane from your skill set and talents. I still would buy any Shackle I could find for the leaf spring. I certainly would not go to the ends of the country looking for an OEM one, but hey, enjoy the hunt!

Funny how some of you are 'new' here to fbbo, if you have been here since 2009 as I have you would know a bit more about me. Granted, I didn't wade into this conversation gently, that was my choice, which I do not regret. I'm all about getting down to business, perhaps it's my PTSD and or my surgically repaired foot that has been bothering me, at any rate, there is no excuse for such silly mistakes in how we present ourselves in our language. Levying insults isn't in the tool box, rather shouldn't be in the toolbox. If anyone is offended at these efforts then I am not sorry. Language, Where's your work is the question(s) that I have when I read the copious remarks about GYC sucking etc. in their restorations contained in this thread. How we got into welding, who has the biggest Johnson, me being clueless about industry standards and even what OEM is really shows me the core group we had here in fbbo has been infiltrated by thin-skinned keyboard crusading dreamers whom likely have their DVR set to every silly car show on Sunday morning! Guess what I'm doing on Sunday morning; Media Blasting, yes, being self-employed every day is a work day. But, I'll have 2 Challenger Doors, 67 Mustang Doors, Fenders, Hood, Deck Lid, and Valences done today, and my support beams to a paint booth I bought cheap as it was left outside and the support beams have some rust on 'em, yeah, all done today, and the full Body of the Mustang done this week, and concluding a 53 F100 Cab metalwork operations on, and resuming on the Alfa Romeo GTV, and of course my Satellite 'Street Ripper' I'm building; 5.7 w truck tranny, tubbed, widened qtrs., 335s out back, all new AMD metal, and time to banter with you all here!

My points remain: Grammar/Spelling, Show me your work (maybe put in the Members Restorations forum)? and if you're going to fire at Warmon and GYC have some comparable work that you've done in a cumulative fashion -- not just a nut and bolt that you are impressed with the sheen of in your valiant efforts to 'restore'. I don't claim to be the best except in Media Blasting. I never claimed to be an expert welder, only that I went to the school and graduated and put into practice those skills since 1987 vs the many self-taught welders out there that are really clueless and producing dangerous product that will not withstand the test of time. And my floors, qtrs., etc that are welded in/on are all metal finished, meaning when it leaves my place, I have no body fillers on it to 'hide' poor work, but the respective body shop/painter the customer takes their work to has less work to do in their lane because I did my work in my lane so well.
Pictures of my rides past and present have been posted here and on http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php Your ignorance is a waste of my time to go out of my way the repost a picture. Why would I? I merely posted a unobtainable NOS part. Which I clearly stated, it is a Tiny, Tiny, Tiny...piece of the "mound" of parts for me to restore and your comments proved my point of 1. your ignorance and 2. you just want to find that Ah Ha! moment. Funny, thing is you will not find it!

Speaking of creating threads. Why don't you create your own "Grammar" thread and take your trolling self over there and hang out with your PTSD or is it PT"A"D!

Really, you have been here since 2009 and your still not a Gold member? However, your tenure makes you such a loyal supporter of this forum, lol. So glad you could be here to rip on grammar errors and parts restorations etc..

Furthermore, none of this nonsense is needed for this thread and a disservice to the OP. Bruzilla, I apologize!

Anyhow, I am sure Donny will continue with his trolling but since I am not working and with a cold beer in the fridge. I am going to hang out with the Mrs. in our pool. Heck of a lot better than being pissed off at the world and sandblasting but if that is where your BA in basket weaving takes you, so be it!

Peace out:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Donny,all BS aside thanks for your service and I've heard you do great work. The pride remark kind of got to me and thats why i brought up the welding subject other than that were all entitled to our opinions. Enjoy the day

You don't have to like the show GYC or the owner Mark W but the facts are from what I've read including one of our own members who had his car done there the work is of show quality. I understand these restorations run 100 grand or more so id expect a top flight job.

I was 'Gold' but let that paid banner expire. It's all fine, I have no ill-will towards anyone. I looked for all your posted threads here Moparnation74, I saw 20, 20 threads! I will go check out that link. Have to more specific than that website...perhaps a specific link?

The use of "Mopar muscle..." says a lot too as I'm sure he's buying up E bodies that are Pony cars not Muscle cars, and A bodies, which are Compacts.

I read this a lot. You have to realize that that distinction, though technically correct, has evolved toward irrelevance over the decades. It's just how language works. The term "muscle car" really has grown to encompass much more than it was originally intended to. Same goes with hot rod.

Besides, "Mopar muscle", hell thats such a broad term that can easily encompass a hellcat, let alone a Cuda.

Last edited:
Grammar/Spelling,

How about Spelling/Grammar?

article-2611827-1D48831700000578-750_634x476.jpg

tumblr_maymaxpsFe1qbl3a8.gif

what up with all the damn

Drama Queen or Attention Whore.jpg

or if I should just post this

Spelling Police Correct My Spelling again I dare you double dare you MF-er.jpg

or post something like this

Lighten Up Francis #1.jpg

this thread went from GYC's buying cars to English Lit 101
go do that **** on Moparts, or Yellow Bullet, or just leave,
do it away from here...
Most of US are sick of it...

Get over yourselves, you all know who you are...
You are not our keepers or our professors, right or wrong...
Quit the condescending arrogant better than thou BS,
IMO you are no better than anyone else that posts/contributes on FBBO...

Last edited:
Either you're watching these two guys, or you're watching the wrong show.

BAM!

-Kurt

Continue on then, wallow in ignorance in how your words are presented, I'm right, and some of you got all uptight like you didn't wipe properly and are all itchy. All in all, this has not been fun, but Mark and I are communicating, and you all are too proud to admit I'm right, so, please, continue on.

And... we're back on the original thread. :) Here are some pics Worman posted of the cars they've bought.

14333032_10153867386462918_175524159059255795_n.jpg

14354893_10153867386527918_3038166409941525411_n.jpg

14316743_10153867387207918_6835447041724022281_n.jpg

Good grief......there's 20 minutes I cannot get back. Some of you people need to go get laid.

Or work on one of the endless projects rotting in their backyard :lol:

How many of you guys have a pile like this in the backyard? All right now, get to it and get off the internet!

-Kurt

WTF happened to this thread?
Gee, I came in "late again"

I am one of the few that truly enjoys Grave Yard Carz
1. I used to like to check out Holly, but she's gone
2. I often wish I were 40 years younger, I'd sure love to date Mark's daughter (Imagine being in that family? The car you could have?)
3. Royal is cool
4. Sure the show is strictly entertainment, Lost is Space was not real either...
But where else can you see dynamite cars , MOPAR cars?
And yes, Steve From Staten Island CAN WELD....

Now, can we all kiss and make up?

Oh...yeah, almost forgot...
Years ago I used to post this after every "Donny post":

"I wish Donny was my neighbor"

The Robot was, wasn't he?

I was the age of Penny, but I always wanted to "tap" that Judy
And, the Jetsons gal was cute too.....

This thread isn't good for anybody. If anyone reading this post hasn't read the thread from the beginning, don't bother. It only gets worse the further you read. Save yourself the time and brain cells.

Auto Transport Service
Back