• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Buying Up Projects

Wow,i just asked a honest question. To be clear,the show isn't my favorite,the people who star in it are very good at what they do id have to say. I never saw there work in person,i did however have a opportunity to visit Kohrs Kustoms and his work is way beyond driver quality. My car is driver quality but I'm now guessing some others would call it a junk pile LOL
I believe I have answered your questions if you backtrack to my other posts, I think I was clear, I gave a description of issues I've seen, even gave up a photo of issues someone was having with one of there cars. Everyone has an opinion on quality and what they think a car should look like, everyone has the certain things they look at that qualifies a cars quality of how it was restored. Take it how ever you want. It looks like your wanting me to repost my posts for you.a gain read this hole thread, including the member that gyc had another shop take care of there restoration issues. I'm sorry if you feel your car is junk, got a garage, tools ? It's Friday night do something about it. I am I just put a clutch in while typing this . Left out the corona im having while the old lady's in the pool to. Life is good. I forgot who's thread this is but wanted to apologize for it being highjacked a little.

Maybe this guys mark ???

Make most of the questions about politics. He will respond immediately!

So is it because the national debt is in the trillions he never does any 73 or 74 bbodies? Does the current social commentary from Kapaernick have an effect on the over dramatic happenings in his shop? Maybe the questions with a political twist will get answers lol

PS Im sorry for further high jacking the thread

Here's what it looks like Frome under a car, hard at work in the middle of the car hobby.
IMG_20160916_183530568.jpg
IMG_20160916_183530568.jpg

This thread is freak'n awesome. Rotisserie restored, cut and buffed, all new parts = 20'er? Even if it was 'bad' it's not a 20'er. Wow, tough crowd around here.

My $.02. Car values are not based on TV shows. Supply, demand, free cash, add some emotion. That's what drives car prices. People may ask more for cars because they think they have a BJ car when they don't. You can ask whatever you want, doesn't mean anyone is paying that price.

TV shows are entertainment. If find myself entertained with GYC.

I believe I have answered your questions if you backtrack to my other posts, I think I was clear, I gave a description of issues I've seen, even gave up a photo of issues someone was having with one of there cars. Everyone has an opinion on quality and what they think a car should look like, everyone has the certain things they look at that qualifies a cars quality of how it was restored. Take it how ever you want. It looks like your wanting me to repost my posts for you.a gain read this hole thread, including the member that gyc had another shop take care of there restoration issues. I'm sorry if you feel your car is junk, got a garage, tools ? It's Friday night do something about it. I am I just put a clutch in while typing this . Left out the corona im having while the old lady's in the pool to. Life is good. I forgot who's thread this is but wanted to apologize for it being highjacked a little.

Maybe this guys mark ???
Well i don't think my car is a pile of junk,obviously my sarcasm was lost on you. You must be very talented as i could never type and put a clutch in at the same time.

Good thread! But, can we learn how to spell please people? They, They're and Their, It's Its, Your, You're, etc. I have a hard time getting past the horrendous literacy some of us practice. I think this is a brilliant idea Worman has! As a business, one must constantly grow, evolve, adapt, and change...yes, CHANGE. Change is a fundamental part of what you'll study in college if you take the right business classes; I did, my major was Organizational Development, and I have a BA to prove it.

We are all fans of various strypes, I have a Lift which makes what I do and can do more than what one does on their back while their car is on Jack stands. I have 4 Rotisseries which I will never be without which makes Media Blasting them SO much easier and the end result is a better end product for the customer. Plus, welding new pieces on a car when you can just flip it over is priceless.

If Worman can average-out costs on a build, then that is fantastic, and a very tough thing to do! But, speaking in a relative-based reality, the average TV car show watcher will think removing and replacing a Qtr Panel is 'difficult' and often 'magical'. This thinking will lead a bloke to buy a Skin and do copious welding ending up warping the panel due to the liklihood he learned by watching a Youtube video and uses a Harbor Freight Welding machine. Media Blasting? Usually guys will opt OUT of that due to costs, and that nasty word 'Budget'. All this I say from first-hand experience!

I've chosen my battles; my 70 300, my 70 Challenger, my 69 Satellite and my 89 928S4 are all I can 'handle'. So, I sent El Grande Nose an email offering to him (and or anyone) RS23L9E121020, and one can see very detailed information of this car here on fbbo under one of my threads, easy to find...

Manners, like saying collectively we look like douchebags for illiteracy? Lol, please, continue to wallow in mediocre, if one can't show pride in how they spell, write, and present their arguments, then how well will you weld, paint, align qtr panels to upper body panels to deck lid to doors, etc? If you're going to quibble and defend one's inability to spell, and then say I have ill manners, I say I'll gladly wear the 'Ill Manners' award, thank you. This is still a brilliant idea to buy up languishing projects as too many are doing just that, languishing! I admit, mine is languishing, I decided to sell it because it's coveted whereas a Satellite isn't, and my plate is way too full with the aforementioned vehicles that are getting done.

Manners, like saying collectively we look like douchebags for illiteracy? Lol, please, continue to wallow in mediocre, if one can't show pride in how they spell, write, and present their arguments, then how well will you weld, paint, align qtr panels to upper body panels to deck lid to doors, etc? If you're going to quibble and defend one's inability to spell, and then say I have ill manners, I say I'll gladly wear the 'Ill Manners' award, thank you. This is still a brilliant idea to buy up languishing projects as too many are doing just that, languishing! I admit, mine is languishing, I decided to sell it because it's coveted whereas a Satellite isn't, and my plate is way too full with the aforementioned vehicles that are getting done.
:wtf:
I think this is very childish in nature. In totality people on this forum come from all walks of life and deal with life trials and tribulations. Truly, I say to you from a Christian. Was every individual in the bible whom God and Jesus approved, highly educated/Grammer champions? If your not a Christian, then so be it but I wish you the best

You need to ease up your buckle a bit because it is not that serious and rather unnecessary.....

BTW, the person you are currently ripping on is a descent man and is dealing with very serious life "at home" problems. Knowing him and his situation. I could give a rats azz if he can spell or use proper grammar(Myself included).....

I've been lurking in this particular thread for a bit, enjoying the topic at hand. However, I am compelled to speak up after this digression:

I can't stand the horrendous grammar here at FABO and FBBO, but there is a time and place for opening up rants in regards to spelling - for instance, in a separate thread in the General Discussion forum. Not here.

However, since you started this Ask Mr. Language Person digression in the name of quashing mediocrity, I'm sure you won't mind a bit of constructive criticism applied to your post above; naturally, in the name of quashing that mediocrity. And yes, these things annoy me whenever I see someone commit them:

Donny said:
Good thread! But, can we learn how to spell please people? They, They're and Their, It's Its, Your, You're, etc. I have a hard time getting past the horrendous literacy some of us practice. I think this is a brilliant idea Worman has! As a business, one must constantly grow, evolve, adapt, and change...yes, CHANGE. Change is a fundamental part of what you'll study in college if you take the right business classes; I did, my major was Organizational Development, and I have a BA to prove it.
  • An academic discipline is not a proper noun (there are a few exceptions, e.g., languages), and should not be capitalized.

Donny said:
We are all fans of various strypes, I have a Lift which makes what I do and can do more than what one does on their back while their car is on Jack stands. I have 4 Rotisseries which I will never be without which makes Media Blasting them SO much easier and the end result is a better end product for the customer. Plus, welding new pieces on a car when you can just flip it over is priceless.
  • Stripes is spelled "stripes," not "strypes."
  • "Lift," "jack," "rotisseries," "media," and "blasting" are not proper nouns and should not be capitalized.
  • Though not universally accepted, most style guides agree that numbers under 10 should be spelled out. Thus, "4" should be spelled out as "four."
  • Since "I have 4 Rotisseries which I will never be without which makes Media Blasting them SO much easier" and "the end result is a better end product for the customer" are independent clauses, the word "and" should be preceded with a comma.

Donny said:
If Worman can average-out costs on a build, then that is fantastic, and a very tough thing to do! But, speaking in a relative-based reality, the average TV car show watcher will think removing and replacing a Qtr Panel is 'difficult' and often 'magical'. This thinking will lead a bloke to buy a Skin and do copious welding ending up warping the panel due to the liklihood he learned by watching a Youtube video and uses a Harbor Freight Welding machine. Media Blasting? Usually guys will opt OUT of that due to costs, and that nasty word 'Budget'. All this I say from first-hand experience!
  • "If Worman can average-out costs on a build, then that is fantastic, and a very tough thing to do!" <- Too much going on here for me to explain, but the subject and objects are all over the place on this sentence. Re-wording to "If Worman can average-out costs on a build, that is fantastic. It is a very tough thing to do." would make for a more readable sentence.
  • Qtr Panel <- Why the abbreviation? And if abbreviated, where is the period at the end of "Qtr?"
  • "[L]iklihood" is misspelled. Correct spelling: likelihood
  • "Qtr," "Panel," "Skin," "Welding," "Blasting," and "Budget" should not be capitalized. (Plus, if I may digress here, despite the hellish difficulties in butt welding a skin, it is not the brand of the welder that's likely to give problems as much as the lack of knowledge by the user of said welder. If that Harbor Freight welder supports a 75%/25% Argon/CO2 mix and the right wire, someone with skills should be able to tack that panel properly).
  • "Youtube" should reflect the brand name, e.g. "YouTube"
  • There should be no comma before ", and that nasty word 'Budget'." "[T]hat nasty word 'Budget'." is a dependent clause.
  • "'Budget'" should have dual quotation marks, not single. Same for "difficult" and "magical." The period should go inside the quotation marks.
Oh, and I almost forgot:

Manners, like saying collectively we look like douchebags for illiteracy? Lol, please, continue to wallow in mediocre, if one can't show pride in how they spell, write, and present their arguments, then how well will you weld, paint, align qtr panels to upper body panels to deck lid to doors, etc?
  • The correct form and spelling of the word "mediocre," in your particular sentence, is "mediocrity."
And now that you know how it feels to be told by someone else how inferior your grammar is, can we get back to the topic at hand of how inferior Mark Worman's restorations are? :p

-Kurt

Last edited:
Good reply! I never claimed to be perfect, only nit picking on using They, They're, Their, and They are, etc., you know common stuff which makes one fall and stumble to receive the writers intent. If I can't get past one or two sentences, something is wrong. You Tube is correct being used as youtube. The US Army has their own writing style which isn't IAW any known and or accepted style of writing. Many times capital letters are utilized in an incorrect format, I suppose I still have too much INTSUM writing style to abandon, but, thank you for those cogent corrections!

Mark is easy to pick on, but until anyone of you brain surgeons take a rotting hulk to a finished car with no mistakes, well I can't really respect your ignorant statements that his restorations suck, let's see your work?

Currently, on project ten or 10, lol....all nine full restorations done by my lonesome. I had two rotisseries, paint booth, blast room these were all rooms in my old shop! The only work not performed by myself was any machining, plating, etc...Several were featured in Mopar magazine's.....

My last project the body and paint are being done by a phenomenal shop. Not some crappy hole in the wall. Reason why I am not doing the body and paint is due to significant tendonitis....I am limited ao what? However, other than the aforementioned areas I mentioned earlier. I will finish the rest by my lonesome.

Donny, you can search over this forum for pics of my cars etc...None of my rides are in hiding and have always been in the public's eyes.....

So enough with the knee jerk reactions and idiosyncrasies and get back on topic......

For the current person questioning quality of people's cars....Here is a picture of two of the many NOS parts for my X. These are in the unobtainable category. Which I have collected for this car through the years.

This is what I am working on this weekend. Removing the rust due to oxidation and humid environments. Not by sandblasting because I will lose the actual original finish and heat treats....

This is a teenie, tiny example of my build.
IMG_20160917_103856466_HDR.jpg

Damn sorry this thread has went so south, I apologize for my part in highjacking it. I think its original purpose was answered. I chimed in with some info and a photo, and what I've seen, others offer there take, some who've had cars done there, others that haven't, even tony that's visits the shop said the first several seasons of cars weren't perfect, like I said had high expectations and wanted to see the high end work. Personally I like driver quality cars and liked there cars, my comments were they not concourse cars. And don't care for the show or how he acts, he put himself out there. Not love my spelling ?? Ask me if I care. If your on here and upset about the lack of users using spell check get over it. It's a car everything forum. It's sunny here in Florida and good day to lay some rubber. Plus scored a hemi this morning :) get you some of that. To quote another car show.

For the current person questioning quality of people's cars....Here is a picture of two of the many NOS parts for my X. These are in the unobtainable category. Which I have collected for this car through the years.

This is what I am working on this weekend. Removing the rust due to oxidation and humid environments. Not by sandblasting because I will lose the actual original finish and heat treats....

This is a teenie, tiny example of my build. View attachment 361182
Great score

5733.jpeg
And on another note sold a guy a nova cowl hood who builds rear ends, said he's got a 40x100 building full of rear ends, he's in Jacksonville, says he's got mopar Dana's with snubbers and 83/4 sure grips, has quite a few. If anyone's looking I got his number, have to

I believe he's selling projects if I remember Tony's post correctly. Project car sales

Well first off i weld a hell of a lot better than you ever will and i have the experience,resume and licenses to back that up. The other thing is your use of the word "pride". So what your telling us is those who don't have the spelling ability of say you,don't have any pride. Does it give you pride or make you proud to knock folks you just maybe aren't as educated as you? Says a lot about you and heres a little tip you may not have learned when you got your BA, your in business? Self employed? Well its never a smart move to insult people who may be potential customers.

Steve from Staten Island; That sounds interesting, a weld-off! Shall I rant about self-taught welders? I went to the US Metalworking school; ie welding, painting, glass repair, radiator repair, and later their Machinist qualifier identifier. You don't graduate until all welding disciplines are not only familiarized, but mastered, and all G positions, and all commmon metals. Yes, let's proceed!

Frankly, there have been zero fbbo customers at my place, maybe I'm a prick, maybe not? Maybe everyone is all over the country? I respect salty comments vs too many nice guys and non-offensive comments. So, I chose to be opinionated, my media blasting business stays busy, I'm the best and most **** media blaster out there, not the cheapest, but the best. I don't treat anyone here in a manner I wouldn't want to be treated. Another fellow said you're dealing with issues of a personal nature, I'm sorry for this, and I didn't mean to aggrevate any part of your life.

Auto Transport Service
Back