• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Buying Up Projects

:poke:quite watching in the first season too much of a loud mouth could not enjoy the show even though it was about my favorite brand auto couldn't image watching a WWll documentary with a *** clown narrating it would you

Last edited:
I’ve been there quite a few times and I wanted to chime in.

Justin I agree that a couple of jobs that left there a couple of years ago or more had some issues.

The business was growing and Mark entrusted a “shop foreman” to oversee some jobs, and they were not up to par. Mark realized and addressed the issues, and I don’t believe that has been an issue since. Sure, just like on any new restoration or even brand new cars, a drive ability issue may have surfaced, but that’s why even new cars come with warrantees. One thing for sure I know is that Mark has never shied away from correcting any issue, if anybody questions that please call and I’ll be happy to discuss.

Another point to consider on the above cars that had issues, and as a matter of fact all of the cars restored through at least season 4 the restoration costs INCLUDING PARTS was under $50k, many of them WELL under $50k.

And while the restoration cost has increased I can honestly say that it is still less than the half price of the other shops mentioned, and GYC includes parts in their price, and is about the only shop I know of that gives an All In price before the job. They don’t bill by the hour, so no surprises for the owner.

With that being said, I can honestly say that their paint work is excellent!, and the quality of their details being more correct then in the beginning has increased leaps and bounds. While they don’t do OE judging type work, (obviously since they are supplying the parts), their work is very very good and correct with the shortcoming being in reproduction parts and painting the undercarriage of the cars, all because that is what the owners of the cars want or are happy with. I can personally attest that they do care about the correctness of their work and are always trying to learn and improve where they can.

I know some will say that Mark says OE a lot on the show. He isn’t referring to OE judging he means the cars are being restored to original as opposed to modified.

Please take into account that some of the “best” and other superlatives used are requested by the network.

And just to put my money where my mouth is, I have a Plum Crazy 1970 Challenger 440 R/T there getting ready to be restored. Its not going to be over the top like my Daytona is, because then I couldn’t drive the car. It will still be a great car when done, it just won’t have all the super cool unobtainium NOS parts on it like my Daytona did.

And in the end, I always say, let’s appreciate a Mopar only car TV show that is a great promoter of the cars we love

Tony tell him to do a 73-74. LoL Id love to watch that

I’ve been there quite a few times and I wanted to chime in.

Justin I agree that a couple of jobs that left there a couple of years ago or more had some issues.

The business was growing and Mark entrusted a “shop foreman” to oversee some jobs, and they were not up to par. Mark realized and addressed the issues, and I don’t believe that has been an issue since. Sure, just like on any new restoration or even brand new cars, a drive ability issue may have surfaced, but that’s why even new cars come with warrantees. One thing for sure I know is that Mark has never shied away from correcting any issue, if anybody questions that please call and I’ll be happy to discuss.

Another point to consider on the above cars that had issues, and as a matter of fact all of the cars restored through at least season 4 the restoration costs INCLUDING PARTS was under $50k, many of them WELL under $50k.

And while the restoration cost has increased I can honestly say that it is still less than the half price of the other shops mentioned, and GYC includes parts in their price, and is about the only shop I know of that gives an All In price before the job. They don’t bill by the hour, so no surprises for the owner.

With that being said, I can honestly say that their paint work is excellent!, and the quality of their details being more correct then in the beginning has increased leaps and bounds. While they don’t do OE judging type work, (obviously since they are supplying the parts), their work is very very good and correct with the shortcoming being in reproduction parts and painting the undercarriage of the cars, all because that is what the owners of the cars want or are happy with. I can personally attest that they do care about the correctness of their work and are always trying to learn and improve where they can.

I know some will say that Mark says OE a lot on the show. He isn’t referring to OE judging he means the cars are being restored to original as opposed to modified.

Please take into account that some of the “best” and other superlatives used are requested by the network.

And just to put my money where my mouth is, I have a Plum Crazy 1970 Challenger 440 R/T there getting ready to be restored. Its not going to be over the top like my Daytona is, because then I couldn’t drive the car. It will still be a great car when done, it just won’t have all the super cool unobtainium NOS parts on it like my Daytona did.

And in the end, I always say, let’s appreciate a Mopar only car TV show that is a great promoter of the cars we love
Tony,

Superlatives requested by the network or not.......whatever excuse...Have been discussed by many members on multi forums about the use of those.....Hopefully, the network deviates from using those terms very "loosely." Really, they are simple things to change.

I already discussed the quality and my opinion will not change until proven otherwise.....

That's my opinion take it or leave it but at least mine is unbiased!

"Another point to consider on the above cars that had issues, and as a matter of fact all of the cars restored through at least season 4 the restoration costs INCLUDING PARTS was under $50k, many of them WELL under $50k."

Wow,I would have never guessed that.I wouldn't touch most of those cars for under 50k.My views have changed a bit.Too bad he didn't say " very nice driver quality builds" instead of "best in the world" then people wouldn't have been so wound up about him,either joking or not.

"Another point to consider on the above cars that had issues, and as a matter of fact all of the cars restored through at least season 4 the restoration costs INCLUDING PARTS was under $50k, many of them WELL under $50k."

Wow,I would have never guessed that.I wouldn't touch most of those cars for under 50k.My views have changed a bit.Too bad he didn't say " very nice driver quality builds" instead of "best in the world" then people wouldn't have been so wound up about him,either joking or not.
Jaime, that is it Exactly!!!

Justin,
i understand why you feel im biased because i am a show sponsor and have become friends with the GYC guys. But, if i didnt believe what i wrote, i just wouldnt have posted anything, and i certainly wouldnt have brought my car there to restore.
Its ok, we are all entitled to our opinions and most importantly we're still friends:thumbsup:

Justin,
i understand why you feel im biased because i am a show sponsor and have become friends with the GYC guys. But, if i didnt believe what i wrote, i just wouldnt have posted anything, and i certainly wouldnt have brought my car there to restore.
Its ok, we are all entitled to our opinions and most importantly we're still friends:thumbsup:
Without question my friend!

Your earlier points are well noted, btw...

Justin,

Tony, as you are a sponsor, just a little feedback. I like the show, but they do need to cut down of some of the goofy stuff and the soap opera stuff. That is my opinion and maybe others watch the show BECAUSE of the parts I do not like. You are correct though that we are lucky to have a show dedicated to Mopars. I would like to see more work/restoration and less BS. It is almost painful to watch at times.

Tony, as you are a sponsor, just a little feedback. I like the show, but they do need to cut down of some of the goofy stuff and the soap opera stuff. That is my opinion and maybe others watch the show BECAUSE of the parts I do not like. You are correct though that we are lucky to have a show dedicated to Mopars. I would like to see more work/restoration and less BS. It is almost painful to watch at times.
Bart, youre 100% correct!
please watch the new season starting in october, i believe, and you'll be happily surprised. the goofiness has been greatly decreased, and there is just about no soap opera stuff, and theres more tech stuff. just like with their car work, they are always trying to improve the show and make adjustments to do so along the way.

a couple of things to take into consideration. the first 4 seasons were 13 episodes long. the 5th season was supposed to be 26 episodes, but with the change of staff midway thru shooting, they felt it best to end that season with 13 episodes. technically there was a season 5a and 5b. so what you saw last fall heading into the beginning of this year is the direction the show is heading, but in this upsoming season there will be even more tech and how to stuff. when the decision is made to change something the changes cant be seen until the following season because the season your watching has already been filmed in its completion.

i recall watching Ray Evernhams americana show a couple of years ago. He did an episode on a 73-4 hemi charger that a man in florida had. at his garage was a 66 hemi satellite, i already had owned that car for a year and half, thats the kind of lead time that that episode had. it isnt as long with GYC, but you get the idea.

How about doing something different, like a C body instead of all the B stuff? AND I don't mean a "Rapid Transit Fury" either!

Are they going to be a dealership now, showroom & sales etc. ??

kind of sounds like it to me...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a big fan of all the antics either, Markism's is what I call em'
but the show has gotten far better, the last few episodes/season...

I'd like the show to be the best car show on TV, also be about Mopars,
more tech. stuff would help keep my interest, but that'd be a novel concept...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

But;
I've also heard & read about "quite a few negative things",
about a few of their builds too, "that only a handful of people can do",
{does that mean, that excludes him now in that handful ?}
I've really only seen his builds on TV so far...
I've read about some here too, one of our member had issues too...
There's was a thread about it somewhere, 70 Hemi Charger 4 speed...

I can tell you he doesn't have the best reputation on the -www-
even with a few people sticking up for him, defending his builds...
A bad reputation, even just accusations of it,
will linger longer than if it's great...
IMO it can be a tough deal to get over too,
it lasts a lot longer than you think...

Always an excuse, if it is fixed & done right in the 1st place,
no need for them excuses, it's just looks bad, especially when his
production staff that really don't do the work come & defend the show...
Show's a bit of bias, many people here & elsewhere don't like it...

I'm sure he's doing pretty well, he's been growing big time...

A bit of a critique': pass it on if you like, I'd suggest;
What he does is close to OE, but it's not, at-least not right now
or what's been aired/leadtime & all, maybe he should refrain
from saying that, as to not mislead or represent himself & GYC's
as to the uneducated, less knowledgeable Mopar restoration public...
It's kind of false advertisement, could be construed as fraud even...
JMHO....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I like the show much better the last season &
I've watched every episode since it was 1st aired...
I probably wouldn't watch if it wasn't about Mopar's,
that's really where my loyalty actually is, not to Mark or GYC's...
Integrity is hard thing to get back once there's a bad perception...

Thanks for the insider info Tony,
sounds like your friends with Mark now too, I trust your word,
seems your a good honest guy, good vender & thanks for sharing,
I hope your project goes well...

I think the show has improved greatly & people take Worman way too seriously. We who have owned/run a business, know there's ALOT of drama, monkey business, and all sorts of personal interactions that go beyond the nuts-and-bolts of the business operations. Maybe for some, it's overboard and/or contrived, & they prefer a more "tidy" program. Anyway, it's a Mopar show, and I like it !

Budnicks,
you bring up some valid points.
remember when you are in the public eye you have a huge target on your back, and everyone wants to show they know more and can one up you.
its too much to type here, but im easy to reach, and would be happy to discuss some of the points that you brought up.
thanks for the support
Tony

Thanks for the insider info Tony,
sounds like your friends with Mark now too, I trust your word,
seems your a good honest guy, good vender & thanks for sharing,
I hope your project goes well...

I just wanted to jump back in and thank you as well Tony. I look forward to the upcoming changes and I hope you, Mark and team have great success. If you are successful, all of us Mopar lovers will be successful too!

i can tell you for a fact that not all cars done by the end of season 4 cost less than 50 grand to do,as someone just mentioned!
Also my car came home with quite a few issues but GYC did pay to have it sent and repaired at a shop closer to my house. Over all I am happy with the car after it came back from the second shop. If you want to restore your car to the extent of getting it OE judged, GYC may not be the place to go but It is cool to get to watch your car on TV.

I've watched it a few times & I do like it as I get to see a Mopar's only show. It gives me an idea as to what goes into a restoration. As far as the monkey business it's a "Reality TV" show so they have to ham it up for the camera to "make it interesting" for the general viewing public. Would be interesting to see if they got into the car selling business to see what they charged.

Yeap....Everything looks great on TV, lol...

I agree. Up close you will see stuff that the camera cannot see.
I was going to jump in to defend Mark. I see people that criticize him for many things including his personality. I was ready to go on a rant about it when it occurred to me that the same people that dislike him would probably dislike me as well. With that in mind, I figure **** it.
People will have opinions based on fact or personal taste. Sometimes people just can't be impressed or pleased with anything or anyone. I will continue to be who I am. If people don't like Mark or myself, BFD. You can't live your life trying to make everyone happy.

i can tell you for a fact that not all cars done by the end of season 4 cost less than 50 grand to do,as someone just mentioned!
Also my car came home with quite a few issues but GYC did pay to have it sent and repaired at a shop closer to my house. Over all I am happy with the car after it came back from the second shop. If you want to restore your car to the extent of getting it OE judged, GYC may not be the place to go but It is cool to get to watch your car on TV.

Think he meant each were under 50k not all together were under 50k

I upgraded my dish satellite package to get Graveyard Carz. I enjoy it and learn something each episode. What's not to love if you love Mopar's?

Auto Transport Service
Back