• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had to buy 2 to get one……

Sedbld

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Well I have done it again as my wife would say. I answered an ad about a 71 Cuda for sale locally at an astronomical price of course. And of course it’s a total basket case. While the guy is talking it up as I start walking away he tells me that he’s got a project 70 Cuda that he is going to have to sell cuz he bought a 69 Roadrunner and will need the room. We drive about 15 minutes away and the whole time I’m thinking what kind of other basket case does he have. Sure enough he has a 70 340 4 speed car inside and says he’s owned it for 15 years and before that it sat under a sided car port since the 80’s. It’s almost totally stripped down, interior,glass,trim etc. I look at the floor and it’s original and absolutely stunning. Has 4 flat tires and lawnmowers packed 5 deep on 3 sides of the car so can’t really get a detailed look at hardly any of it. He decides to throw some numbers out and start to deal but he wants to sell as a pair. Try everything to get him to separate to no avail. Finally we make a deal and drag them home. First the broken down basket case and everyone says god what a piece of crap you got scammed for sure. Couple days later I drag the other one home and the car is absolutely as solid as you could get for a 54 year old car that has sat for 40+ years. Definitely a tale of one really good and one really bad!! I’m sure that some of you have been down this road before but sometimes we all get well rewarded for staying between the lines!

IMG_7117.jpeg

IMG_7118.jpeg

IMG_7119.jpeg

IMG_7112.jpeg

IMG_7120.jpeg

IMG_7140.jpeg

IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

IMG_7141.jpeg

IMG_7142.jpeg

Nice! 70 340 4-speed Cuda's are my all time favorite car. Maybe I will have another before I am in the dirt.

Well I have done it again as my wife would say. I answered an ad about a 71 Cuda for sale locally at an astronomical price of course. And of course it’s a total basket case. While the guy is talking it up as I start walking away he tells me that he’s got a project 70 Cuda that he is going to have to sell cuz he bought a 69 Roadrunner and will need the room. We drive about 15 minutes away and the whole time I’m thinking what kind of other basket case does he have. Sure enough he has a 70 340 4 speed car inside and says he’s owned it for 15 years and before that it sat under a sided car port since the 80’s. It’s almost totally stripped down, interior,glass,trim etc. I look at the floor and it’s original and absolutely stunning. Has 4 flat tires and lawnmowers packed 5 deep on 3 sides of the car so can’t really get a detailed look at hardly any of it. He decides to throw some numbers out and start to deal but he wants to sell as a pair. Try everything to get him to separate to no avail. Finally we make a deal and drag them home. First the broken down basket case and everyone says god what a piece of crap you got scammed for sure. Couple days later I drag the other one home and the car is absolutely as solid as you could get for a 54 year old car that has sat for 40+ years. Definitely a tale of one really good and one really bad!! I’m sure that some of you have been down this road before but sometimes we all get well rewarded for staying between the lines!

View attachment 1730174

View attachment 1730175

View attachment 1730176

View attachment 1730177

View attachment 1730178

View attachment 1730179

View attachment 1730180

View attachment 1730182

View attachment 1730183

View attachment 1730184
I tell you its a sickness with these cars,congrats and it looks great.

Man, that '71 car is one rusty Cooter....lucky the '70 looks so good. :thumbsup:

Lucky! I much prefer 70's anyway and people paint and pee themselves to stand in line to buy any type of 71.

Auto Transport Service
Back