• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if you had to pick one.......

I have no intention of bringing my car to a National Mopar event or even care about that kind of stuff, but I think you would be surprised how good my car looks in person.
In the more recent episodes,it does look like Will and the bodyshop section of Marks operation has raised the bar. The most important thing is that you are happy with the car.

Kindigit Design in Salt Lake if money was no object.
Those guys build some sweet rides but $$$$$$. When I first moved up here, I had Dave and his sidekick come to the house and quote painting my Charger before they we're TV stars, body work was already done, 30 grand just to paint it, 50 to finish it out, I already had all the mechanicals done so they would basically be assembling the car after paint. After I got finished gaging, I thanked them for playing because my pockets aren't that deep. I painted the Charger all in for 6 grand with a lot of blood, sweat and beers.
At todays prices that would've been a bargain, they currently have a 3-4 yr. wait times if you're lucky, a full-blown nut and bolt restoration will kick the crap outta 150 grand.

I love to watch the skill level of the fabricators on Kindig's show, but I couldn't afford to have them build me an exhaust system. I also like Martin Brothers. The problem is these days all of them drop everything on Roadster Shop chassis and 20 inch wheels.

Kindigit Design in Salt Lake if money was no object.
Those guys build some sweet rides but $$$$$$. When I first moved up here, I had Dave and his sidekick come to the house and quote painting my Charger before they we're TV stars, body work was already done, 30 grand just to paint it, 50 to finish it out, I already had all the mechanicals done so they would basically be assembling the car after paint. After I got finished gaging, I thanked them for playing because my pockets aren't that deep. I painted the Charger all in for 6 grand with a lot of blood, sweat and beers.
At todays prices that would've been a bargain, they currently have a 3-4 yr. wait times if you're lucky, a full-blown nut and bolt restoration will kick the crap outta 150 grand.
I read that someone who recently inquired about having a car done there, said that Kindigs builds start at 250k and there is a three year waiting list.

That I would not doubt my friend. LOL if only we were in that 1% crowd
I read that someone who recently inquired about having a car done there, said that Kindigs builds start at 250k and there is a three year waiting list.

If you notice, he has a lot of the same clients over and over again on the high end builds,they have money to burn.
Yup there's a lot of rich folks up here in Salt Lake... too bad I'm not one of them, guess I need to keep donating to the redneck 401K lotto... :realcrazy:

For a pre war car would be the guy from iron trap garage on YouTube.

My dream car, a 1933 Plymouth with a gen 1 hemi.

Troy Tapainga, (Trepanier (?) thanks to the :poke: spelling NAZI)
Rad Rods by Troy guy, if you didn't know....
he's not just a parts replacer or body & paint guy
he doesn't really do restorations, he builds "real cars" top notch cars, quality best

his Talladega in bare metal still
View attachment 1705883

View attachment 1705884

View attachment 1705885

even with fugly *** dork dish hubcaps 66 Belvedere Gen 2 Hemi
rear mounted twin turbo'd
View attachment 1705886

View attachment 1705887

View attachment 1705888

View attachment 1705889

View attachment 1705891

I can't afford him thou
he has had a bunch of the Great 8 awards of the LA (formerly Oakland) Roadster Show

but;
I don't really trust anyone to work on my crap
I'd rather do it wrong, then have some hack charge me $100k + parts
to do it as good as most of US here could/can,
if you have the proper facilities & tools
Me too, I rather do it wrong and learn doing it.

I have no intention of bringing my car to a National Mopar event or even care about that kind of stuff, but I think you would be surprised how good my car looks in person.
I'm not looking to bash anyone that has a quality car that was in Worman's shop. I'm sure that there are some success stories.
I was in southern CA in 2023 and met this guy....

Justin GYC.JPG

Justin was a member of the GYC team a few years. He spoke of how the show was done. Of course, it is a TV show. With that comes fake drama, short cuts, acting and editing out stuff that isn't good for the show.
What pissed me off was the talk of the LONG delays from drop off to delivery of finished cars.
For years, Worman has bragged about how he is the best, he is the only one capable of correct restorations while seeing the cars get base coat/clear coat polished paint jobs that look great but aren't correct, all cars getting some sort of precise undercoating when a lot of cars were just oversprayed floors, etc. If Worman wasn't such a braggart, the expectations wouldn't be so high.

I have all my professional friends, do what they do best on my builds. My cars have gotten to be mostly assembled by me, but having my friends do things far better and faster than I ever could. Time is worth more than money, at this point.

So, still my builds.

Last edited:
Steve Strope
Forgot about him, sort of...
shop's in SoCal in Semi Valley
that 68 Charger white (or was it silver ?) & red, that he did right hand drive,
was stellar
the 57 DelRio Ranch Wagon (Ford) with the 429 based (Kasse 521cid ?) Boss Hemi,
was awesome
that 67 Fairlane he did that looks like NACAR on the street,
was awesome too
Seen a few of his builds in person
it's all great work, muck like his buddy Troy (from Rad Rides), top to bottom
no cutting corners

Last edited:
68 Charger white (or was it silver ?) & red, that he did right hand drive,
was stellar

This one?

1723074587832.png

1723074646687.png

I saw it in Van Nuys 2006. It was a well done car. It was built by Strope for George Poteet who actually passed away recently.

2006......The year that excessive rainfall caused the CPW club to immediately relocate the Spring Fling show to across the street!
The show actually turned out quite well. A couple guys got arrested for selling stolen parts, I saw Joey Buttafuco selling ice cream in a booth, That white Charger was there....good times!

I love to watch the skill level of the fabricators on Kindig's show, but I couldn't afford to have them build me an exhaust system. I also like Martin Brothers. The problem is these days all of them drop everything on Roadster Shop chassis and 20 inch wheels.
I like the Martin Brothers too.....but they would have to NOT use 20" wheels or drop the car more 2"!

Auto Transport Service
Back