• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if you had to pick one.......

I'd bring this crew outta retirement and have them do me a 92 Plymouth Voyager with a bowling lane in it.

Pimp.jpeg

if i was having an entire car built Rad Rides by Troy would be my first choice!

Dulcich for me. True Mopar guy and good dude in general (from my neck of the world...heck I'm munching on some of his family's grapes right now!
I mean...we're not talking "autorama" builds here, are we? If that's the case, then I like Foose but I would have to set limits...no funky two-tone paint jobs or cartoonish low-rider wheels.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Kindig. Granted everything he does is custom, but he does some restrained stuff too that's super nice - and even his customs respect the original designs. He's got one hell of a crew, but he started with grease under his nails and still gets down and dirty in the shop (especially on old air cooled vw's). I think he'd be my choice.

Alex Taylor, hell yea. Definitely fun to watch, and fearless at the tree. That girl can DRIVE. Same for Cristy Lee on garage squad - she's vicious on a motorcycle and actually does work on stuff.

not aimed at any specific replies here, and not that it matters a lick....... but the original question was not what shop, it's which individual person

Troy Tapainga, (Trepanier (?) thanks to the :poke: spelling NAZI)
Rad Rods by Troy guy, if you didn't know....
he's not just a parts replacer or body & paint guy
he doesn't really do restorations, he builds "real cars" top notch cars, quality best

his Talladega in bare metal still
69 Talladega Torino by Troy Trepanier #1.jpg

69 Talladega Torino by Troy Trepanier #3a Boss 429ic Hemi Engine.jpg

69 Talladega Torino by Troy Trepanier #4a Interior.jpg

even with fugly *** dork dish hubcaps 66 Belvedere Gen 2 Hemi
rear mounted twin turbo'd
66 Belvedere Hemi Rad Rides By Troy #1 ready for SEMA.jpg

66 Belvedere Hemi Rad Rides By Troy Build #4 engine Hemi exhaust.jpg

66 Belvedere Hemi Rad Rides By Troy Build #2 cage.jpg

66 Belvedere Hemi Rad Rides By Troy #3 ready for SEMA.jpg

66 Belvedere Hemi Rad Rides By Troy #2 ready for SEMA.jpg

I can't afford him thou
he has had a bunch of the Great 8 awards of the LA (formerly Oakland) Roadster Show

but;
I don't really trust anyone to work on my crap
I'd rather do it wrong, then have some hack charge me $100k + parts
to do it as good as most of US here could/can,
if you have the proper facilities & tools

Last edited:
Is there a chance you meant Troy Trepanier?
yes, you really can't resist (edited)
& my computer auto-corrected it, I don't know how I org. spelled it
I just went with it

you knew who I meant ? didn't you ?

Last edited:
You may be surprised to read this but I am aware that I don’t know everything and everyone. I thought maybe you knew of someone that I had not heard or read of. I posed my question with respect and without insults.
It isn’t my fault that you made a mistake.
I make far more errors when using the phone than when I use the computer.

Last edited:
You guys from down under don't care for the guys from Mighty Car Mods ??
View attachment 1705471
Those guys are more like Internet reality stars than car-builders.

Sorry if that offends some....but anyone who shows how to build a car stereo amp from an old CD-ROM and a knackered out sub-speaker and installing into a car with fresh dogsh*t inside has issues.

Although eliminating that 8Hz from the speaker through the awkward cut was worth the watch.....the frequency that makes you poo. :lol:

You may be surprised to read this but I am aware that I don’t know everything and everyone. I thought maybe you knew of someone e that I had not heard or read if
I posed my question with respect and without insults.
It isn’t my fault that you made a mistake.
I make for more errors when using the phone than when I use the computer.
I'll take that as you claim, but I have serious doubts though too...
You have a record of doing such things here many, many times before in the past

but you picked the wrong week to '**** with me'
attempts at being funny ****, a total smart *** or spelling or otherwise...

sorry to go off on you,
but I'm a lil' on edge
I lost something I dearly loved this week (my beloved dog Elvis)
I'm not in the mood

Smiley I have Nothing interesting to say just increasing my post count.jpg

Last edited:
I don't laugh out loud often at posts but this cracked me up.
I watch Uncle Tony a bit and he knows a ton of back yard stuff but jeez he's rough when working on cars, lit cigarette in hand, gasoline spilling everywhere.
If you really want some comedy watch the below video all the way through. Don't fast forward, it would spoil the surprise and the lunacy.
I came across it by accident one day, called my son to watch it with me, we both had a laugh.

Lol, the danger of cigs& gas is usually way overrated. Tried it for 40yrs. Never a problem

which TV show car builder guy would you let work on your car
Not a guy.

Christy Lee

Why?
Other than the obvious, because I am shallow and she has a nice personality.

Not a guy.

Christy Lee

Why?
Other than the obvious, because I am shallow and she has a nice personality.
Shallow is good.... Cristy Lee is nice. :thumbsup: ...and she gets down 'n dirty with the boys. Seeing Cristy struggle with fuel tanks on her back gave me new respect for her. She has done some nice work on the cars as part of the Garage Squad. Joe is a decent sounding mechanic as well....although he has been heard to use that word a lot - 'posi' when referring to a Mopar rear end. :rolleyes: I can't think of them right now but there were a few more spoken gaffs from him over the seasons.

Lol, the danger of cigs& gas is usually way overrated. Tried it for 40yrs. Never a problem
Dandy Dick Landy had a cigar hanging out of his mouth every race....although he never lit the thang. :lol:

Tony Angelo, HRG; PHILLY BOY!!!! nuff said!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back