• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if you had to pick one.......

Troy Tapainga, (Trepanier (?) thanks to the :poke: spelling NAZI)
Rad Rods by Troy guy, if you didn't know....
he's not just a parts replacer or body & paint guy
he doesn't really do restorations, he builds "real cars" top notch cars, quality best

his Talladega in bare metal still
View attachment 1705883

View attachment 1705884

View attachment 1705885

even with fugly *** dork dish hubcaps 66 Belvedere Gen 2 Hemi
rear mounted twin turbo'd
View attachment 1705886

View attachment 1705887

View attachment 1705888

View attachment 1705889

View attachment 1705891

I can't afford him thou
he has had a bunch of the Great 8 awards of the LA (formerly Oakland) Roadster Show

but;
I don't really trust anyone to work on my crap
I'd rather do it wrong, then have some hack charge me $100k + parts
to do it as good as most of US here could/can,
if you have the proper facilities & tools

All that fancy custom work and then it gets finished off with a crappy stock A-body console?

1722854453959.jpeg

Definitely Bad Chad. He's very crafty with the mud.

Who's the guy Jarred/Jarret could be with a G (spell ?)
that use to work for Troy/Rad Rides, 1st
he was on a few Sat. morning TV shows on Velocity/MotorTrend TV, Car Fix
was 1 of them, & he did some others
"that dude has talent"...

In my opinion, any of em. If I had to choose one though I would say Bobby from Dan Shorts’ FantomWorks shop in Virginia, I like Bobby because hes a Mopar guy and it seems like he knows his cars. If he retired I would say Dan himself because he was in the military, he reminds me of a “no bs” kinda guy, and a guy who will do it right. Just my opinion and 2 cents of course.

I'll take that as you claim, but I have serious doubts though too...
You have a record of doing such things here many, many times before in the past

but you picked the wrong week to '**** with me'
attempts at being funny ****, a total smart *** or spelling or otherwise...

sorry to go off on you,
but I'm a lil' on edge
I lost something I dearly loved this week (my beloved dog Elvis)
I'm not in the mood

View attachment 1705901
Very sorry to hear about your pup.

If I wanted to restore my car to original stock pristine condition, Mark Worman. If performance and engine work was my priority, Nick's Garage. If it was for bodywork and aesthetic mods, money no object, but I have full control over the results, it would be cool to turn Chip Foose loose--but on a short leash--because he does amazing work, but also goes way overboard sometimes.

Bobby from Fantom Works has his own shop (on internet: heavy into motorcycles now): The 69 Super Bee (had hand controls) he did for "Dino" was in Mass but is now in Cherry Hill, South Jersey. Newer owner showed up at our cruise night a few times. He did confirm it was Dino's Bee that Bob worked on.

i would go with Nicks Garage if I had a choice, Then Chris Birdsong. But if Mark starts his new TV show I would have to go with him. :lol:
Agree that junkerup is one of the guys I would love to have restore my car.

I don't know it all but some of you guys are putting a lot of faith in guys that you only know from TV and YouTube.
Mark Worman....The man has more critics than anyone partially because he is higher profile than anyone.
I don't think that any car he has done has ever scored a win at a national Mopar event. None. What looks good on TV may not look as good in person.
Chris/Junkerup sure has skills but from what I have seen, he seems to focus on mechanical aspects, sheet metal replacement and structural repair. I have not seen any final bodywork and paint. He might be quite capable, I just haven't seen a finished car by Mr Birdsong. I'd love to learn metalwork from him. I have much to learn.
Nobody has mentioned the bigger names....Roger Gibson, John Balow or Jim Bodanis.

Motor, a guy named Hawk. Metal, body & Paint a guy named Mark

I don't know it all but some of you guys are putting a lot of faith in guys that you only know from TV and YouTube.
Mark Worman....The man has more critics than anyone partially because he is higher profile than anyone.
I don't think that any car he has done has ever scored a win at a national Mopar event. None. What looks good on TV may not look as good in person.
Chris/Junkerup sure has skills but from what I have seen, he seems to focus on mechanical aspects, sheet metal replacement and structural repair. I have not seen any final bodywork and paint. He might be quite capable, I just haven't seen a finished car by Mr Birdsong. I'd love to learn metalwork from him. I have much to learn.
Nobody has mentioned the bigger names....Roger Gibson, John Balow or Jim Bodanis.

I'd be looking for someone with a wide skill set; and a long record of "hands on" experience.......... I have no clue what skills most of these guys have or had.

for example.......I know Kindig is responsible for some bad ***, expensive cars; and it appears he has some guys who are absolute top notch at what they do. My hat is off to that guy for being a huge success, God bless him; but aside from seeing him draw pictures and lay down some stripe tape, I have no clue what exactly he is good at other than running his business.

either...... it's a wide open, friendly discussion
Body? Not really sure. The Petty Enterprises folks do some stunning stuff, but so does Graveyard Cars and I wouldn't
deal with Worman on a bet. Rocket Restorations I would trust as well...

Mechanical? There's some I would trust - Nick, Jamie at Dead Dodge Garage, JustMoparJoe, guys like that.
Rick Seeman can build an engine for me any day of the week; total trust in that gentleman.

Birdsong (junkerup) doesn't do more with bodies than reconstruct mostly Chargers; paint is farmed out
(when he does paint at all, which isn't usually) and he's a talented shadetree at best mechanically.

As far as all those MT shows with "custom" this that or the other - well, I don't watch any of 'em because
I couldn't care less about "custom" anything and their manufactured drama is quite annoying to me.

Body? Not really sure. The Petty Enterprises folks do some stunning stuff, but so does Graveyard Cars and I wouldn't
deal with Worman on a bet. Rocket Restorations I would trust as well...

Mechanical? There's some I would trust - Nick, Jamie at Dead Dodge Garage, JustMoparJoe, guys like that.
Rick Seeman can build an engine for me any day of the week; total trust in that gentleman.

Birdsong (junkerup) doesn't do more with bodies than reconstruct mostly Chargers; paint is farmed out
(when he does paint at all, which isn't usually) and he's a talented shadetree at best mechanically.

As far as all those MT shows with "custom" this that or the other - well, I don't watch any of 'em because
I couldn't care less about "custom" anything and their manufactured drama is quite annoying to me.
I believe Rocket Restorations does good work and I get the impression they are customer orientated. I will say that I have traded a few emails with Tom from Rocket Restorations when I was considering a modern Hemi swap for my Road Runner. He was straightforward with me and took his time to answer all of my questions.

Almost everytime I have let someone else work on my cars,even daily drivers,I have been sorry. I will have to finish them mostly by myself!

I have no intention of bringing my car to a National Mopar event or even care about that kind of stuff, but I think you would be surprised how good my car looks in person.

Auto Transport Service
Back