• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if you had to pick one.......

I don't laugh out loud often at posts but this cracked me up.
I watch Uncle Tony a bit and he knows a ton of back yard stuff but jeez he's rough when working on cars, lit cigarette in hand, gasoline spilling everywhere.
If you really want some comedy watch the below video all the way through. Don't fast forward, it would spoil the surprise and the lunacy.
I came across it by accident one day, called my son to watch it with me, we both had a laugh.

Vice Grip Garage Guy for mechanical stuff, he's just hilarious but really does know what he's doing.

For body work, there's some dude in Jersey that takes "a little off the back and sides". I don't know if that's his you tube channel name or not, but his antics are worth following.

:poke:

Ian Rousell He can take a pile of scrap and build you a running vehicle out of it!

i would go with Nicks Garage if I had a choice, Then Chris Birdsong. But if Mark starts his new TV show I would have to go with him. :lol:

I know someone who had Dave restore a car... He was so disappointed with the result he sold the car.. Hard to get an honest opinion off a TV show....
Wow... that's unreal, goes to show ya, you're absolutely right !

which TV show car builder guy would you let work on your car?; and why......... you can only pick one

I'll save mine for later on in the thread :popcorn2:
I pick me... But I don't have much patience for body work. Used to but not now. But I can still lay down some paint if I have to...

I like that guy, but I wouldn't even let him build me a helmet :lol:
He inspires me to want to go fabricate something! These days I really need inspiration! I only let the elite of the fabrication world make my custom made helmets!

I appreciate the honorable mentions........ and yeah, I'd probably be your best bet on the body and paint side :poke: ...... just sayin' :blah:

and in 1990, I borrowed a camcorder on a tripod and attempted the first car building reality TV show......... the technology sucked and was way too much of a pain in the ***

I just said to someone the other day........ "there is reality TV; and then there is actual reality" :blah:

I appreciate the honorable mentions........ and yeah, I'd probably be your best bet on the body and paint side :poke: ...... just sayin' :blah:

and in 1990, I borrowed a camcorder on a tripod and attempted the first car building reality TV show......... the technology sucked and was way too much of a pain in the ***

I just said to someone the other day........ "there is reality TV; and then there is actual reality" :blah:
So true! You would have been way ahead of the curve!

so here's my opinion, for what it's worth........

hat's off to guys with successful youtube channels; I'd be interested in that; but I'd need some help........ it appears anyone can have one :rolleyes:

on the TV show side; I see a lot of younger guys in their 30's and '40's...... some come from money, some are very smart, some are "one trick ponies", and others have incredible, natural talents........ but none of those guys have the hands on experience I would require; they just haven't lived long enough, and now they don't even get dirty..... so most of them are eliminated based on that.

There is one guy, who appears to be similar in age to myself, maybe slightly younger........ but I believe this guy has lived it, been through the wars, and has "done his time"........

I believe he has the skills and experience required to do the job start to finish. Not only would I let him work on my stuff; but I would love to meet this guy and hang out for a bit. I believe he is a genuine ace in a world of make believe.

Shorty....... if you are out there, reach out to me...... I'm easy to find. I'm one of your biggest fans. Not because I think you are some sort of God; but because I believe you have worked your *** off, and you give a ****. You're a serious dude. :drinks:

I bet the guys at Iron Resurrection miss you badly

1722788289892.png

Last edited:
I noticed a 70 Charger in the backround on his show,so he gets a pass! The man has some serious talent!

Nick from Nick's garage, for basic overhaul and build. Nick is a good man and would choose to support him.

I would have Gale Banks work on anything I wanted to make really wild with forced induction. People point at the goobers from motor trend, but I find those guys to either be just messing around with whatever sponsored parts they are handed, ruining stuff for views, or guessing with things and "see what happens" then confirming "yeah, this is about what I thought we would get" or "wow that's better then I thought!" My favorite is when they put less then zero effort into testing a particular part vs another and then claim how they confirm a victor in some random test with implicit bias.

Gale is a walking encyclopedia with his knowledge based on actual data and testing, calls BS, points at what people think is good and proves it wrong or improves on it with his own methods, and then explains exactly why. He has fully embraced digital data collection for tuning and understands how it applies to the mechanical aspects of the engine.
So If i every decide I want to build a turbo 383 that can spin to 7k RPM and get driven to work every day, I would hand him the 50 grand to do it(lol)

All theoretical of course, I work for a living so I have to fix all my own stuff.

It's all about who is actually laying hands on your car...... not who the boss is

does anyone here really want Worman himself cutting, grinding, filling, sanding, painting, and buffing on their car? not me

Auto Transport Service
Back